I love Halloween!

Started by Hepcat, October 24, 2021, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Way cool Halloween display photos🎃
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

judd

I saw a fun horror movie, Halloween themed music vid on YouTube.  It's an older video but new to me.  It's called Modern Monster Mash.  It points out the difference between old school horror and modern horror.

Barlow

Are you talking about the video by Key of Awesome where they have Freddie Kruger, the Ring girl, Hannibal Lecter, etc? That one is hysterical!

judd

Quote from: Barlow on October 18, 2023, 07:09:34 PM
Are you talking about the video by Key of Awesome where they have Freddie Kruger, the Ring girl, Hannibal Lecter, etc? That one is hysterical!

Yes.  My coworker, who's into horror hadn't seen it before either.

Doh!

I just discovered that video the other day -- lots of fun!

Rex fury

Speaking of older material, I just ordered the dvd version of Alice Cooper's  "Welcome To My Nightmare". It's both a concert video and the tv broadcast from 1975. Planning on watching it Halloween night once my bonfire burns low!
RF

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on October 31, 2021, 10:54:41 PMWe've added a couple of other details to our Halloween traditions over the last fifteen years or so. The first is pizza as we wait for the arrival of trick or treaters. Bacon, ham, mushroom and onion with extra cheese is our favourite ingredient combo:

Pizza Hut is having a 50% off special on medium pizzas in my neck of the woods right now so that will likely be my choice on the late afternoon of the big day this year!

Quote from: Hepcat on October 31, 2021, 10:54:41 PMPlus a colourful Halloween cake like this one from a few years ago:

I've already chosen, actually sampled, this year's cake:

I've seen these in all six colours of the rainbow with various eye and mouth combinations. The purple one I bought yesterday had a chocolate layer on top inside, then a vanilla layer in the middle followed by a pink layer on the bottom. There's still time enough before the big day for me to score an orange one and a green one!

tynhrt
Collecting! It's what I do!

kristinms8

Quote from: Hepcat on October 19, 2023, 05:11:46 PM
Pizza Hut is having a 50% off special on medium pizzas in my neck of the woods right now so that will likely be my choice on the late afternoon of the big day this year!

I've already chosen, actually sampled, this year's cake:

I've seen these in all six colours of the rainbow with various eye and mouth combinations. The purple one I bought yesterday had a chocolate layer on top inside, then a vanilla layer in the middle followed by a pink layer on the bottom. There's still time enough before the big day for me to score an orange one and a green one!

tynhrt
Love how the blue one looks a bit like Cookie Monster! 💙🍪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hepcat

Okay! Less than a week to go before the big day. Time to start getting my game face on.

tynhrt

The Masked Man

This along the lines of Mr. Snickers....lol...

Sure do miss him..🥺

Haunted hearse

Since no Trick or Treaters show up at my house, I always participate in the Trunk or Treat my church holds. My only car is a 1995 Funeral Coach, so it's fun to show up, and hand out candy from a small pet casket I bought online.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Hepcat

My neighbourhood's chapter of the Ladies' Temperance Society is currently selling tickets for its annual bonfire and dance. It's been a very popular fund raiser for many years now.

Broomstick rides follow!

8)

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on October 31, 2021, 02:30:53 PMAnd I love the trick or treating!

Both the shelling out and devouring of the leftovers, supplemented by any deeply discounted sale stock from local stores!

The MAN used to dole out one of the small bags of Humpty Dumpty Potato Chips that were sold in Halloween boxes of 25:

When the Humpty Dumpty name brand disappeared in 2006 he switched to Cheetos:

And these comparatively new Old Dutch Popcorn Twists:

In addition, he's been giving out Halloween boodle bags with several of the following items:

Oh Henry! has been our favourite chocolate bar since Neilson Sweet Marie was discontinued some ten years ago.

The MAN has decided that he'll make more of a splash this year by just doling out a few big ticket items at the door instead of a multitude of small treats. So tricksters who are bold enough to venture to our door will be rewarded with these three items:

One 62.5 gm. Oh Henry Bar

One 222 ml. Pepsi Mini Can

One Piece of Dubble Bubble

8)

Hepcat