Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Got my order of wall decorations from Trick or Treat Studios.  I placed it a while ago, but they were pretty clear that things would likely not ship until after Halloween, which was fine.  I went a little crazy.  I got the Wall Decor sets for:

Halloween
Halloween lll
Halloween 4 (which is incredibly nice.  So nice the movie doesn't deserve it, frankly)
Creepshow
American Werewolf in London
Return of the Living Dead
Trick r' Treat (both sets)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Universal Monsters (both sets)

My walls will be covered in horror movie goodness next year.  These are all magnificent sets.  Huge and colorful cutouts in all of them.  And they're pretty affordable unless you're me and you order way too many.

vincentgravesly

Trick or Treat Studios has delightful decorations, I'm sure your place is gonna be awesome next Halloween. :D I impulse bought the set of Universal Studios wall decorations because the "last chance" tag got me a little nervous (I guess it did its job). Still waiting for them to come in since I did it after Halloween, but in the meantime, I guess I'll have to figure out where to put them in my room.

Lazarus

I think you'll be pleased.  I bought a couple sets a while ago (Chucky sets, Night of the Living Dead) also because the licenses had ceased and they were sold out, and was impressed and just how large they were.  Licensed stuff has gotten so silly I was expecting them to be half the size they are, similar to the Disney Villains cutouts I got at Party City this year.

I'm a little sad that the portrait set didn't have another release to give us the other monsters, but the license getting pulled might have had something to do with us not seeing more.  I was hoping they'd do some jointed figures or something.

I've also seen a Day of the Dead set in the catalogue that looks lovely but I'm not sure it was ever actually sold.

Lazarus

Some kickstartered games came in last week!  Finally got around to checking them for completion.

I posted other Unmatched sets previously (Cobble and Fog and Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and while this one doesn't have player characters that really fit our beloved monster theme (Comic character Jill Trent: Science Sleuth, folk hero Annie Christmas, a fictionalized Nikoka Tesla with crazy coil weapons, and Japanese pulp character The Golden Bat), what it DOES have is a new Boss and minion mode.  It introduces cooperative play against a big bad guy that plays itself.

The bosses in this set are Martian Invaders and the Moth Man!  But that's not all.  The bosses also bring a minion to the game, which unfortunately is not represented by a mini.  Mothman adds a few other Cryptids, including the Swamp Ape, Jersey Devil, and Loveland Frog.  But where it gets really exciting is the Martians minions.  Horrors of a more science fiction persuasion:  The Blob(!!!), The Ant Queen (think THEM!) and The Tarantula!

I have to admit, I was kind of sad that there wasn't an awesome Blob mini.  But the fact that he's even in there is pretty cool.

judd

I just ordered a special monster toy.  I seldom purchase toys anymore and rarely use ebay but today I made an exception.  I saw this rare toy on YouTube recently and decided I had to have it.  It's a limited edition theater exclusive blue Godzilla Minus One figure.  I think it's awesome.  I bought it from a seller in Japan.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: judd on November 08, 2023, 10:56:22 AM
I just ordered a special monster toy.  I seldom purchase toys anymore and rarely use ebay but today I made an exception.  I saw this rare toy on YouTube recently and decided I had to have it.  It's a limited edition theater exclusive blue Godzilla Minus One figure.  I think it's awesome.  I bought it from a seller in Japan.

Sometimes ya just gotta splurge.
ADAM

judd

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 08, 2023, 10:58:08 AM
Sometimes ya just gotta splurge.

True.  I'm not one to get excited over limited edition collectibles.  I think they are usually too expensive and not worth what they cost.  This time I made an exception.  I think the Godzilla figure is unique and interesting.  I thought it was reasonable priced given it's scarcity.

BRICK

I just got this "Mini-Me" version of the Creature and decided to repaint it. I realize that this product may have ticked off many an unsuspecting buyer, who thought that they were getting the full-sized version. While the initial paint job wasn't terrible; I thought that it could use just a bit more color and sheen. See before & after.  :)

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

That's a completely different sculpt from the one I bought.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Lazarus

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 08, 2023, 10:26:36 PM

His hands look like they're very different sizes.

BRICK

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 08, 2023, 10:26:36 PM

Did you get the full-sized version? This is a mini knock-off; only about one foot wide.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

MadCow

My final Spirit Halloween purchase of the year:

I couldn't resist the 50% off. Maybe I'll mount it on the wall...

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on November 09, 2023, 06:52:06 AM
Did you get the full-sized version? This is a mini knock-off; only about one foot wide.

Same size, but different sculpt.

CREATURE FAN

BRICK

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 09, 2023, 11:15:46 AM

Same size, but different sculpt.

Weird! Who would thought that there would be knock-offs of knock-offs?  :) I do kinda like the sculpt of my piece a bit more; he just looks more angry.

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on November 09, 2023, 05:01:04 PM
Weird! Who would thought that there would be knock-offs of knock-offs? 

Must be two different mfgers. Why else make two, just slightly different, ones?
CREATURE FAN