Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: judd on May 04, 2023, 07:45:18 PM
She also worked with Boris Karloff in Girl From UNCLE.

She was also in Hammer's "Die, Die My Darling!" (1965) and "Crescendo" (1970).
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Lazarus

Got the Invisible Man and Phantom of the Opera TMNT NECA figures, so I'm current again until the new actual UM figures hit.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Lazarus on May 12, 2023, 04:13:35 PM
Got the Invisible Man and Phantom of the Opera TMNT NECA figures

Did they have a Creature one?
CREATURE FAN

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 12, 2023, 05:06:45 PM
Did they have a Creature one?

Inexplicably, no. Maybe they'll make one but these are based on the movies and they've already done all the Turtles so I can't imagine how they'd do it at this point.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on May 12, 2023, 08:28:14 PM
Inexplicably, no.

Just as well, 'cause I'm not really a fan of such hybrids. I'll buy 'em, if they're licensed, but I'd just as soon they don't make them.
CREATURE FAN

Lazarus

They ARE official Universal Monster crossover figures, like the originals.  Raphael as Frankenstein, Leonardo as the Hunchback (a Fritz to go with the Raph, due to their adversarial natures), Michelangelo as the Mummy, April as the Bride, Splinter as Van Helsing, Donatello as the Invisible Man, and Casey Jones as the Phantom.  They've teased a Shredder, probably as a Dracula to go with Splinter, but we haven't seen him yet, or anything after.  So I dunno if a second wave will happen like with the originals, or not.  But not doing a Creature definitely seems like leaving money on the table.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Lazarus on May 13, 2023, 12:17:31 AM
They ARE official Universal Monster crossover figures, like the originals.

I know, but I won't cry if they don't make them.
CREATURE FAN

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 13, 2023, 12:44:12 AM
I know, but I won't cry if they don't make them.

Me neither.   Id rather they focus on the actual monsters. 
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Lazarus

I forgot to report that 2 weeks back I went to Universal Studios for the first time since I was a little kid and they still had all the big classic rides.  I wasn't expecting much with the Epic Universe park under construction and the park seemingly in a kind of transitional period, but I was surprised how many dead spots there were in the park where nothing was really going on.  I was also sad to see Bruce moved and almost hidden from view off to the side near the more prominent Harry Potter entrance.  I did get to see Beetlejuice and the Blues Brothers, though.  They have a great Beetlejuice right now.

I got a Bates Motel mug that I really like, it's one of those smaller, thicker mugs you might get at a diner.  I also got a silver JAWS mold a rama in citywalk, but beware, apparently the thing has a molding issue and mine had a massive hole in the back.  I went to ask the clerk if I could maybe have another go and she had a whole cabinet of the things to swap with people, so it's a known issue.  The other mold a rama was the back to the future clock tower, which was cool, but the shark having a problem kind of put me off.  If it had been the psycho house or a Frankenstein or Kong, I probably still would have gone for it.

Lazarus

New monster game came in!  Pre-order came at the perfect time.  I'd just gotten caught up on the show a few days ago. 

There's Two scenarios, one based on season one, where you take on the Demogorgon, or season 2, where you face a pack of Demodogs.  You can play as Lucas, Mike, Dustin, Hopper, Nancy, or Joyce.  Eleven is a resource anyone can use through cards, but she's playable through a print and play module.

The minis are nice and the production quality is good.  Looking forward to giving it a go.

Lazarus

Got my copy of the newest issue of Weird Tales yesterday.  Bought it for the Hellboy prose story included. 

Dr.Cyclops

"A Castle without a Crypt is like a Unicorn without a Horn" ~ Professor Abronsius

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Golddragon71

Erik has arrived!
Untitled by Michael Kramer, on Flickr

Here he is with some of his Phellow Phantoms
I had lost the hat that belonged to my Diamond select Phantom so I gave him the hat from This latest release, and it fit's like a charm!

Finally, here he is giving singing lessons to the Bride of Frankenstein....
With rather mixed results....

Frank: What do you think?
Erik:I think your wife could sing to bring down the chandeleir....
Frank: Really?!?
Erik: ....And probably the rest of the Opera House with it!
Mrs, Niles:two leading men are fighting over me right now!
Costello: Who are they? Frankenstein and Dracula?

kristinms8

Was very thankful to be able to purchase this Frankenstein's monster figure in Glenn Strange's likeness from a kind seller.  To say I'm impressed by this "Saturday Afternoon Monster" by Adam Chiet would be an understatement.  Here he is standing tall next the Karloff print by artist JD Knight and a USPS monster pin & magnet shadow box that I made a few years ago.