Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Batman

My new latest get is all 4 Halloween trophies (costume contest)  from work which I retired from today.
I will post a photo of all 4 trophies, but right now a huge party is going on in Northern CA.
I've been Mr. Hyde, a Viking warrior, an undead warrior, '89 Batman, and other characters that I better not mention with my drinking buzz right now. You guys rock. You know it, but it's fun to type it.

Mike Scott

Quote from: The Batman on November 16, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
My new latest get is all 4 Halloween trophies (costume contest)  from work which I retired from today.

Congrats on both!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Kidagain

Three thumbs up The Batman!

Wicked Lester

Cool beans. Looking forward to see your pics.

horrorhunter

Received a couple more Tiki-Horror Lounge pieces from Gary Wray today.

Gary is an artist who sells these little sculptures on eBay. I wrote him to see if he would do a Naschy Werewolf and Chlorophyll Monster, and I bought them. Gary's style is Tiki and Basil Wolverton art (think PLOP! comic book covers). He also sent me a bonus shrunken head piece. Highly stylized stuff but I dig it for something unusual.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Quote from: The Batman on November 16, 2018, 09:37:10 PM
I will post a photo of all 4 trophies, but right now a huge party is going on in Northern CA.
I've been Mr. Hyde, a Viking warrior, an undead warrior, '89 Batman, and other characters that I better not mention with my drinking buzz right now. You guys rock. You know it, but it's fun to type it.
Congrats on the retirement, Batman. Feels great, right?

the_horror_man

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 17, 2018, 04:24:55 PM
Received a couple more Tiki-Horror Lounge pieces from Gary Wray today.

Gary is an artist who sells these little sculptures on eBay. I wrote him to see if he would do a Naschy Werewolf and Chlorophyll Monster, and I bought them. Gary's style is Tiki and Basil Wolverton art (think PLOP! comic book covers). He also sent me a bonus shrunken head piece. Highly stylized stuff but I dig it for something unusual.

That Chlorophyll Monster is awesome!

thm

the_horror_man

Evil Dead Henrietta Soul Swallower magnet.

thm

horrorhunter

Quote from: the_horror_man on November 17, 2018, 09:05:20 PM
That Chlorophyll Monster is awesome!

thm
I think he captured the essence of the Chlorophyll Monster from Mad Doctor Of Blood Island pretty well. Of course, the monster looked quite different in the sequel, Beast Of Blood. This stylized stuff isn't for everybody, but I expect some folks might enjoy seeing them. UMA's been so dead lately the few of us that do regularly post pics should probably not be too picky about what we post. As it is things are a bit boring around here with the lack of participation among most members. There are a lot of lurkers and lookers, but not many of us providing much to look at.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

the_horror_man

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 17, 2018, 09:59:04 PM
I think he captured the essence of the Chlorophyll Monster from Mad Doctor Of Blood Island pretty well. Of course, the monster looked quite different in the sequel, Beast Of Blood. This stylized stuff isn't for everybody, but I expect some folks might enjoy seeing them. UMA's been so dead lately the few of us that do regularly post pics should probably not be too picky about what we post. As it is things are a bit boring around here with the lack of participation among most members. There are a lot of lurkers and lookers, but not many of us providing much to look at.

Yes, I try to post as often as I can.

Although I am not that into tiki stuff, there are some really cool pieces out there. The Chlorophyll Monster you have reminds me of a modern art horror piece.

thm

The Batman

Quote from: the_horror_man on November 17, 2018, 09:18:57 PM
Evil Dead Henrietta Soul Swallower magnet.

thm

Like it a lot and reminds me of a friend's work - using monkey skulls for art and only putting one glass eye in for a shock monster vibe

The Batman

My 4 Halloween trophies home at last. I thought my big corp employer would not let me take them home but then they surprised me on my last day of work and my retirement includes these 4 on Fri 11-16. I'm a very simple hardworking person, so this is a big deal to me. 'Sorry it's not the creature and frankie and drac but it's high quality heavy trophies.

Palifan

Quote from: The Batman on November 18, 2018, 12:01:01 AM
My 4 Halloween trophies home at last. I thought my big corp employer would not let me take them home but then they surprised me on my last day of work and my retirement includes these 4 on Fri 11-16. I'm a very simple hardworking person, so this is a big deal to me. 'Sorry it's not the creature and frankie and drac but it's high quality heavy trophies.

Fantastic looking trophies you have, I did wonder what they looked like so thank you for posting them up. It would also be great to see some pictures of your costume as well and I love the fact that your work awarded such an amazing gift for the winners.

That was nice that they let you keep them as well and enjoy your retirement (more time for costume building!).  ;D

Ian

Mike Scott

Quote from: The Batman on November 18, 2018, 12:01:01 AM
Sorry it's not the creature and frankie and drac but it's high quality heavy trophies.

It was a Halloween contest, not a UM contest, after all. The witch is perfect for that!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Rex fury

Congratulations on your retirement! I think those trophies are awesome.
Best,
RF