Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 01, 2016, 07:33:06 PM
HorroHunter: if you will pay the postage to my place and back, I can touch the figures up for you free of charge. I can probably completely repair the Dracula to the point of it never showing signs of being busted if its a sandable material. Just let me know, bro. Sorry to hear this happened to you. :'(
Flanders, you're the greatest (and I sincerely mean it).

horrorhunter

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 01, 2016, 07:33:06 PM
HorroHunter: if you will pay the postage to my place and back, I can touch the figures up for you free of charge. I can probably completely repair the Dracula to the point of it never showing signs of being busted if its a sandable material. Just let me know, bro. Sorry to hear this happened to you. :'(
I appreciate the offer but I'll take care of the touchups myself. The Dracula was a clean break so it appears that my repair did the trick.

The figures caught the least of the damage. It's the box and plastic insert piece that took the brunt. As I stated, that box is exceptionally heavy and tough or the damage to everything would have been far worse.

At some point I hope to get a nice undamaged copy of this game because it really is a spectacular piece. The difficult part is trying to find one in person so as not to be at the mercy of incompetent sellers like this guy was. Maybe I'll find one at a monster convention at some point. This one will do until then. There aren't many Hammer collectibles around as we well know, and this board game is exceptional. I highly recommend it to any Hammer fan if you manage to get one from a competent seller who knows how to ship items properly.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 01, 2016, 07:57:21 PM
I appreciate the offer but I'll take care of the touchups myself. The Dracula was a clean break so it appears that my repair did the trick.

The figures caught the least of the damage. It's the box and plastic insert piece that took the brunt. As I stated, that box is exceptionally heavy and tough or the damage to everything would have been far worse.

At some point I hope to get a nice undamaged copy of this game because it really is a spectacular piece. The difficult part is trying to find one in person so as not to be at the mercy of incompetent sellers like this guy was. Maybe I'll find one at a monster convention at some point. This one will do until then. There aren't many Hammer collectibles around as we well know, and this board game is exceptional. I highly recommend it to any Hammer fan if you manage to get one from a competent seller who knows how to ship items properly.
Anton
That's a sweet deal you offered Horrorhunter.
I've been looking too to pickup this game.
I've went to a lot of Collectable shows and Hammer horror is not easy to come by.

Mord

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on July 01, 2016, 08:01:50 PM
Anton
That's a sweet deal you offered Horrorhunter.
I've been looking too to pickup this game.
I've went to a lot of Collectable shows and Hammer horror is not easy to come by.
Thank you, but that offer was made by my pal, Anton. He's  the one with the talent.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 01, 2016, 07:57:21 PM

Ok. If you change your mind...I'm at your service.

ZeMastor

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 01, 2016, 06:26:27 PM
Yeah, but I sure wish it was a smooth transaction that was shipped properly. I bought it at a good price to start with, and I would pay twice that for one in undamaged condition... which is what this one was until the seller ended up ruining it. I still am in awe of his utter incompetence and stupidity. Jeez, I've shipped dozens of things to eBay buyers and never received bad feedback. People have to understand that you pack collectibles like they are going through a war zone, because that's just about what it ends up being with mail carriers.

Can you explain how this worked? I've been both a buyer and seller on ebay and I don't want to get burned. If an item of mine sells for an unexpected amount (like $300), I double-box it and cover the extra postage, and I buy insurance on my own dime.

But in this case, horror hunter, you got a refund, right? What happened? the seller did not want the item back? My understanding is that the seller would have to pay the return postage to get the smashed item back. Since you still have the item in its damaged condition, did you refuse the refund after all and keep it, or did you get a refund but the seller refused to take the item back?

Wouldn't the seller have a right to ask for it back, once you start the restoration?
Check out my Miniatures, Crafts and Toy blog at:
http://www.zemastor.blogspot.com

My Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/17151893(*at*)N06/

horrorhunter

Quote from: ZeMastor on July 02, 2016, 05:34:19 PM
Can you explain how this worked? I've been both a buyer and seller on ebay and I don't want to get burned. If an item of mine sells for an unexpected amount (like $300), I double-box it and cover the extra postage, and I buy insurance on my own dime.

But in this case, horror hunter, you got a refund, right? What happened? the seller did not want the item back? My understanding is that the seller would have to pay the return postage to get the smashed item back. Since you still have the item in its damaged condition, did you refuse the refund after all and keep it, or did you get a refund but the seller refused to take the item back?

Wouldn't the seller have a right to ask for it back, once you start the restoration?
I contacted the seller first and he refused to allow me to return the item for refund. eBay allows a few days to let the seller and buyer work out a solution. The seller was contacted by eBay and still refused the return so it was turned over to eBay to arrive at a solution. eBay understood that I was wronged because the seller didn't pack the item properly which led to the damage, so when the seller turned it over to eBay to make the final decision they relinquished their right for the return. In other words it's like allowing a judge to decide in a court of law. I made six photos of the damage and judging by our messages, and evidently what the seller told them, eBay came to the correct conclusion that the seller never even boxed the game up before mailing it overseas. So, the seller was at fault and refused the return, which was doubly stupid on the seller's part, and eBay issued the refund to make things right.

As an example of the other extreme, if a buyer tried to lie to defraud the seller and eBay then there would be no refund and I'm certain the buyer would be well on their way to being banned from eBay. eBay has to do a little detective work sometimes, but this one was pretty cut and dried.

I let little things slide, but I refuse to be screwed. I go to court when I have to. What this seller did was so irresponsible that something had to be done. I mean, who ships a large collectible game overseas wrapped only in a garbage bag?! This person is an idiot and got what he deserved. The problem is that I got marginally screwed anyway. I could have received the game in nice condition. But, no, I have to go through all this crap with repairs, and hassle with this dunderhead, and I'm still left with a damaged game box and damaged plastic insert that I can't repair. Believe me, the refund didn't make up for all of the crapola. I do commend eBay, however, for stepping up and issuing the refund.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

geezer butler

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 01, 2016, 05:56:39 PM
I bought a Forbidden Terrortory game.

I ordered it from a UK eBay seller. Unbelievably, the seller shipped it just wrapped in a plastic bag! Needless to say it arrived with extensive damage. The box corners were badly banged up, the box bottom was caved in, the plastic holding piece was cracked, some of the figures were scuffed from being knocked loose from the holding piece because the box bottom was caved in, the Dracula piece had it's head knocked completely off. When I saw this mess I immediately contacted the seller about returning it for a refund and the turd blew me off. I then contacted eBay to open a dispute. This morning I discovered that my money was refunded with an apology from eBay. How could a seller be so stupid as to ship a collectible board game wrapped only in plastic?! And OVERSEAS no less?!!  :o  The dunderhead refused to correct his error by accepting the return for a refund and he got what was coming to him.

After I realized I would be keeping this copy of the game, for good or ill, I set about repairing the damage. I used plastic cement to reattach Dracula's head, and did what I could to make minor repairs elsewhere. I would much rather the seller had packed this properly and I had received it undamaged than to have received it the way I did with the refund. It doesn't show well in the photo but the box corners will always be damaged (cropping), and I can't really repair the plastic holding piece which is badly cracked. It's a testament to the toughness of this game box that everything wasn't beaten to smithereens when it finally got here. This game was sealed in original shrinkwrap, so it's heartbreaking seeing such a great collectible get all banged up due to some dumbass who can't pack properly. I will never again order a large collectible like a game from a seller I'm not familiar with, and certainly not from overseas.

That's totally rad HH!

geezer butler

Not the condition of course, but the game itself

horrorhunter

Quote from: geezer butler on July 02, 2016, 06:33:02 PM
Not the condition of course, but the game itself
Thanks, geez. It is a great game!  :)

If I found it in an antique mall in this condition for a reasonable price I would be elated. I guess this whole thing has just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Actually, after my repairs to the figures, the only parts that have damage now are the box and plastic insert. The box and insert are so heavy and tough that both are still structurally sound and function alright. There are just some cosmetic issues with corners and such. All in all I'm still very glad to have it. I just have to get over the aggravation the seller caused by not shipping it properly.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

ZeMastor

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 02, 2016, 06:21:09 PM
I contacted the seller first and he refused to allow me to return the item for refund. eBay allows a few days to let the seller and buyer work out a solution. The seller was contacted by eBay and still refused the return so it was turned over to eBay to arrive at a solution. eBay understood that I was wronged because the seller didn't pack the item properly which led to the damage, so when the seller turned it over to eBay to make the final decision they relinquished their right for the return. In other words it's like allowing a judge to decide in a court of law. I made six photos of the damage and judging by our messages, and evidently what the seller told them, eBay came to the correct conclusion that the seller never even boxed the game up before mailing it overseas. So, the seller was at fault and refused the return, which was doubly stupid on the seller's part, and eBay issued the refund to make things right.

As an example of the other extreme, if a buyer tried to lie to defraud the seller and eBay then there would be no refund and I'm certain the buyer would be well on their way to being banned from eBay. eBay has to do a little detective work sometimes, but this one was pretty cut and dried.

I let little things slide, but I refuse to be screwed. I go to court when I have to. What this seller did was so irresponsible that something had to be done. I mean, who ships a large collectible game overseas wrapped only in a garbage bag?! This person is an idiot and got what he deserved. The problem is that I got marginally screwed anyway. I could have received the game in nice condition. But, no, I have to go through all this crap with repairs, and hassle with this dunderhead, and I'm still left with a damaged game box and damaged plastic insert that I can't repair. Believe me, the refund didn't make up for all of the crapola. I do commend eBay, however, for stepping up and issuing the refund.

Thanks a bunch for your detailed answer. It helps to know how the process works.
See, just a few months ago, I sold an item on ebay. The buyer messaged me and claimed the item was snapped in half. It was Media Mail, so no insurance. I read the ebay policies, and it basically said I was on the hook, and I'd have to pay return postage to get the item back and I'd have to issue a refund. I asked the buyer to send me photos of the damage, and photos of the cardboard mailer. Oddly enough, the buyer never came back with any photos and never pursued the matter. So by default, I kept the money and the buyer kept the (allegedly broken) item. Since there was no photographic evidence that it was broken, I have my doubts that there was a problem at all. Or, maybe there was a problem, but the original cover had some value, so the buyer decided to accept it all? I dunno.
Check out my Miniatures, Crafts and Toy blog at:
http://www.zemastor.blogspot.com

My Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/17151893(*at*)N06/

horrorhunter

Quote from: ZeMastor on July 02, 2016, 07:29:29 PM
Thanks a bunch for your detailed answer. It helps to know how the process works.
See, just a few months ago, I sold an item on ebay. The buyer messaged me and claimed the item was snapped in half. It was Media Mail, so no insurance. I read the ebay policies, and it basically said I was on the hook, and I'd have to pay return postage to get the item back and I'd have to issue a refund. I asked the buyer to send me photos of the damage, and photos of the cardboard mailer. Oddly enough, the buyer never came back with any photos and never pursued the matter. So by default, I kept the money and the buyer kept the (allegedly broken) item. Since there was no photographic evidence that it was broken, I have my doubts that there was a problem at all. Or, maybe there was a problem, but the original cover had some value, so the buyer decided to accept it all? I dunno.
It sounds like the buyer was trying to scam you into a refund or partial refund to avoid negative feedback and trouble with eBay. Some people cave to that stuff to avoid confrontation. If the truth is on your side and you have photographic evidence then confrontation is called for when you've been wronged. eBay catches a lot of grief from some people, but they've always treated me fairly. I'm sure that if someone deals long enough then something adverse is bound to come up eventually, but that's life. In the long run I believe things work out well for honest people if they cover their behinds with intelligent choices and photographic evidence.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Got these 2 Diener aliens to go with the Ymir I got a couple of weeks ago. I only wanted the '50s movie aliens, so I'm done! :)

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 04, 2016, 06:24:43 PM
Got these 2 Diener aliens to go with the Ymir I got a couple of weeks ago. I only wanted the '50s movie aliens, so I'm done! :)

Mike,
There was only 3 made?

horrorhunter

I believe there were 8 Diener Sci-Fi Monster Erasers.

They also did dino erasers and some other types.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...