Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Vrroooom! Vrroooom! Lookin' good, Frankie! :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Got this Diener tailless Ymir on ebay for 6 bucks. Looking to get the Saucerman and I Married alien, when a good deal comes up. Somebody had 2 sets of the Space Aliens for a good price, but I was only interested in the '50s movie aliens.

CREATURE FAN

creaturefan95

I got this for a buck:

Mike Scott

Quote from: creaturefan95 on June 20, 2016, 06:13:44 PM
I got this for a buck:

Wish I could get everything for the original sticker price!
CREATURE FAN

1/6thtoyz

Picked him up at a thrift shop. He's about 3ft

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

The Batman

a monster ball for our puppy

and

Vandor_Zorkov

I don't go hunting for monster items but I do frequent resale and thrifts.  Today I found the Dracula and Wolfman talking "Head Crushers" from 1999.  Perfect shape but they say only one gag line, unfortunately.  Never knew of them before. Couldn't pass them up for a buck. 

horrorhunter

I bought a Forbidden Terrortory game.

I ordered it from a UK eBay seller. Unbelievably, the seller shipped it just wrapped in a plastic bag! Needless to say it arrived with extensive damage. The box corners were badly banged up, the box bottom was caved in, the plastic holding piece was cracked, some of the figures were scuffed from being knocked loose from the holding piece because the box bottom was caved in, the Dracula piece had it's head knocked completely off. When I saw this mess I immediately contacted the seller about returning it for a refund and the turd blew me off. I then contacted eBay to open a dispute. This morning I discovered that my money was refunded with an apology from eBay. How could a seller be so stupid as to ship a collectible board game wrapped only in plastic?! And OVERSEAS no less?!!  :o  The dunderhead refused to correct his error by accepting the return for a refund and he got what was coming to him.

After I realized I would be keeping this copy of the game, for good or ill, I set about repairing the damage. I used plastic cement to reattach Dracula's head, and did what I could to make minor repairs elsewhere. I would much rather the seller had packed this properly and I had received it undamaged than to have received it the way I did with the refund. It doesn't show well in the photo but the box corners will always be damaged (cropping), and I can't really repair the plastic holding piece which is badly cracked. It's a testament to the toughness of this game box that everything wasn't beaten to smithereens when it finally got here. This game was sealed in original shrinkwrap, so it's heartbreaking seeing such a great collectible get all banged up due to some dumbass who can't pack properly. I will never again order a large collectible like a game from a seller I'm not familiar with, and certainly not from overseas.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

1/6thtoyz

That's too bad the way it was shipped. I had quite a few damaged things from EBay and after I asked them to ship in a sturdy box it still come damaged.
It's very frustrating when your an avid collector.
Well at least you got the game for free.

horrorhunter

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on July 01, 2016, 06:12:52 PM
That's too bad the way it was shipped. I had quite a few damaged things from EBay and after I asked them to ship in a sturdy box it still come damaged.
It's very frustrating when your an avid collector.
Well at least you got the game for free.
Yeah, but I sure wish it was a smooth transaction that was shipped properly. I bought it at a good price to start with, and I would pay twice that for one in undamaged condition... which is what this one was until the seller ended up ruining it. I still am in awe of his utter incompetence and stupidity. Jeez, I've shipped dozens of things to eBay buyers and never received bad feedback. People have to understand that you pack collectibles like they are going through a war zone, because that's just about what it ends up being with mail carriers.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

I think it's the same game I was considering buying. I didn't wind up buying it since I figured something like that would happen. At least you got your money back and got to keep the game. Though I agree that I'd rather have a  mint one and pay the price. It's a real shame that a 10 year old, mint, sealed collectible would meet such a fate. I  feel for you, buddy.

1/6thtoyz

When I shipped something, I ship as though it was mine that I was going to receive. A lot of time these people don't care

Anton Phibes

HorroHunter: if you will pay the postage to my place and back, I can touch the figures up for you free of charge. I can probably completely repair the Dracula to the point of it never showing signs of being busted if its a sandable material. Just let me know, bro. Sorry to hear this happened to you. :'(

Mord

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on July 01, 2016, 07:26:27 PM
When I shipped something, I ship as though it was mine that I was going to receive. A lot of time these people don't care
That's good, sound reasoning. I'm the same way.