Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creaturefan95

I got both of these yesterday for 6 bucks each:

EDIT:

I just checked my receipt again and the store where I bought them at had many ReAction figures regularly priced at just $6.00 apiece, but since I was there during its 25th Anniversary Sale, they actually cost me only $4.50 each. My Dad and I checked out the larger of their two locations on Saturday.

Mord

creaturefan95

Quote from: Mord on May 22, 2016, 03:52:23 PM
Where?

If I told you, then I would have to kill you  :-X

Mike Scott

Quote from: creaturefan95 on May 22, 2016, 05:28:58 PM
If I told you, then I would have to kill you  :-X

Is it a chain store? Maybe someone would like to go to their local and buy some. If it's an M&P in your town, the rest of us aren't going to drive all the way there to save a couple of dollars.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

creaturefan95

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 22, 2016, 09:37:18 PM
Is it a chain store? Maybe someone would like to go to their local and buy some. If it's an M&P in your town, the rest of us aren't going to drive all the way there to save a couple of dollars.

I elaborated more in my initial post at the top of the page and I hope you know I was just being facetious. If you're not amused, then I apologize  :-[

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: creaturefan95 on May 22, 2016, 11:12:56 PM
I elaborated more in my initial post at the top of the page and I hope you know I was just being facetious. If you're not amused, then I apologize  :-[

Ah, to be 21 and a PITA again...
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Mike Scott

Quote from: creaturefan95 on May 22, 2016, 11:12:56 PM
I elaborated more in my initial post at the top of the page and I hope you know I was just being facetious.

OK, but I still don't see any mention of where you bought the ReAction figures. Why is it a secret?
CREATURE FAN

creaturefan95

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 23, 2016, 12:21:21 AM
OK, but I still don't see any mention of where you bought the ReAction figures. Why is it a secret?

If there are only two locations and this means that if you do not live in the same state in which they can be found in, then I have no need to refer to the store by name because you would have to be local to my area in order to make a trip to such a place worthwhile as it was no short distance to get there for even myself.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: creaturefan95 on May 23, 2016, 02:17:46 AM
If there are only two locations and this means that if you do not live in the same state in which they can be found in, then I have no need to refer to the store by name because you would have to be local to my area in order to make a trip to such a place worthwhile as it was no short distance to get there for even myself.

Or, in English:  "It's a secret."
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on May 23, 2016, 07:23:03 AM
Or, in English:  "It's a secret."

Thanks! That's what I thought he said. ;D
CREATURE FAN

Rockshasa

I've seen all the other ReAction figures around, but I NEVER see the Universal Monster ones anywhere. I guess they are just not as in demand as "modern" horror. What a shame.

Palifan

Quote from: Rockshasa on May 23, 2016, 02:14:44 PM
I've seen all the other ReAction figures around, but I NEVER see the Universal Monster ones anywhere. I guess they are just not as in demand as "modern" horror. What a shame.

Or maybe they're the most popular ones so always sell out?

Ian

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Rockshasa on May 23, 2016, 02:14:44 PM

I got excited when I found a side rack of reActions in TRU last month on clearance and saw a B&W Frank at the front of the rack. There was Frank, the Wolfman, and Creature, but only the B&W versions.  And then the "clearance" was only $1 off...  :-\  But that seems to be a theme with TRU clearance, at least around these parts.  I passed. At $4, I'd buy a colored Creature, and as I say that, I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase.

Rockshasa

Quote from: Palifan on May 23, 2016, 03:29:25 PM
Or maybe they're the most popular ones so always sell out?
Well, you could be right, as I do not shop at TRU with the regularity I use to. Their selection sucks anymore.

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Rockshasa on May 23, 2016, 09:43:08 PM
Well, you could be right, as I do not shop at TRU with the regularity I use to. Their selection sucks anymore.

It really, really, rrreally does.  The last great finds I had there were over a year ago finding 4-packs of Jakks Pacific Creepy Crawler Goop on clearance (btw, not as good as the '90s Goop), and the Surf's Up Batman and Joker figures.

I go in there expecting disappointment, and am seldom disappointed.