Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Apparently that's all of them. The J&H box is much larger than the others.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

geezer butler

creaturefan95

I got the first appearance of Captain Universe for 2 bucks!

marsattacks666

Quote from: creaturefan95 on May 21, 2015, 08:57:31 PM
I got the first appearance of Captain Universe for 2 bucks!

Really awesome.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Count Zachula

Time to turn out the lights!

Sideshow 8 inch Glow Frankenstein and Glow LBH's Frank and Inviso.

1999 2 inch Scooby Doo villains, Ghost Clown and Phantom Shadow.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Count Zachula on May 27, 2015, 02:28:17 AM
Time to turn out the lights!

Sideshow 8 inch Glow Frankenstein and Glow LBH's Frank and Inviso.

Congrats Count! Did you just buy the 8" glow Frankie? I was looking at one on eBay for $24.95. It didn't sell and it went back up at $19.95 but it was sold by the time I noticed. Nice piece and I love the packaging.

Count Zachula

Hey Glenn, yea I just bought it like last week, but I wish it was the listing your talking about. I paid 40 for mine :C

I'm trying to find the Mummy and Wolfman Glow figures too.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Count Zachula on May 27, 2015, 11:31:36 AM
Hey Glenn, yea I just bought it like last week, but I wish it was the listing your talking about. I paid 40 for mine :C

I'm trying to find the Mummy and Wolfman Glow figures too.

It happens to all of us. I bought a set of the Marx re-issue figures for $40 and saw that Mike Scott had just sold a set for $20. Still a great figure even at $40. Mord said that these originally sold for $15 when they were new. :)

Count Zachula

$15! Damn. Well I could believe it...where were these sold? Were they exclusive somewhere?  I know the translucent  Creech and Metaluna were Comic Con exclusives.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Count Zachula on May 27, 2015, 12:04:45 PM
$15! Damn. Well I could believe it...where were these sold? Were they exclusive somewhere?  I know the translucent  Creech and Metaluna were Comic Con exclusives.

I'm not sure about the details. When I saw the one on eBay I PM'd Mord for his opinion. He worked in a store that sold the Sideshow stuff so he's very knowledgeable about these figures. Maybe he'll see this post and chime in or you could PM him with any questions. I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

Mord

Hi, gents, I guess I'm late to the discussion. I worked at a retail store that sold those Sideshow glow 8" figures. They retailed for $15, BUT that was 15 years ago. You should be able to find the other two for about $20 ea., if you're patient. They were also going to do The Creature, The Phantom, & The Bride but they never got past the prototype stage. I've never seen one of those for sale at any price. One good thing, your 8" Frankenstein looks amazing, with or without lights.

Count Zachula

Thanks for clearing that up Mord! The Sideshows are special to me, I'm trying to collect them all. When you worked at that store were you able to snag those figures?

Mord

Quote from: Count Zachula on May 27, 2015, 06:01:41 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Mord! The Sideshows are special to me, I'm trying to collect them all. When you worked at that store were you able to snag those figures?
I tried to pick up all the Sideshow stuff. Unfortunately, I limited multiples to color & black and white (no glows or translucents). My Sideshow pieces are still my absolute favorites. I got all the 8", 12" & quarter scales (plus 2 dios & other odds and ends). Keep building up your Sideshows, you really can't go wrong with the quality on those. Like Glenn said, you can always PM me if you have any questions (that goes for any UMAer). Good luck!