Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moe

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 30, 2014, 04:17:34 PM
. A few years ago I narrowed my collection to mostly monster related stuff because I just accumulated too damn much... stuff. Anyway, I stopped collecting superhero and some other genres and decided to focus on my favorite genre- MONSTERS

Almost the exact same story here and I enjoy selling off a lot of my stuff because it finances my monster hunting.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Moe on September 30, 2014, 08:51:11 PM
Almost the exact same story here and I enjoy selling off a lot of my stuff because it finances my monster hunting.
Exactly. I was beginning to feel burdened by all the superhero comics and action figures I had accumulated, because I had stopped enjoying that stuff. I've never gotten tired of the monster stuff though, as I've loved monsters and dinosaurs since I was a wee Monsterkid. The unwanted items are a good source of trade items or monstering money, as you say.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jimm

I've been selling most of my dc, marvel, mcfarlane stuff in bunches lately, doing pretty well...too much stuff.. gonna keep UM,Friday 13th, Halloween and a few other favs but for the most part adios

Count_Zirock

Got my DD 12" Barlow figure over the weekend, and my 3.75" "Doctor Who" Tenth Doctor. Last night I scored the DC Multiverse "Arkham Knight" Batman, Two-Face, and Scarecrow 3.75" figures. The Batman and Doctor Who figures being the same scale makes for interesting pix!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

The Batman

Quote from: Count_Zirock on October 01, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
Got my DD 12" Barlow figure over the weekend, and my 3.75" "Doctor Who" Tenth Doctor. Last night I scored the DC Multiverse "Arkham Knight" Batman, Two-Face, and Scarecrow 3.75" figures. The Batman and Doctor Who figures being the same scale makes for interesting pix!

You mentioned .....    The BAT.....      8) 8)

geezer butler

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 30, 2014, 03:14:08 PM
I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan and that figure is way cool. I picked that up many moons ago when they first came out. I used to buy all of the McFarlane figures but ended up just keeping the Movie Maniacs and a couple more like Alice.

Thanks for posting the pic---yeah that's the one. I love it, and I'm big Alice fan too. I've seen him a few times in concert. He's the best. In terms of other McFarlane rock n roll stuff, I have some of his Kiss figures. The "Kiss Creatures" box set is especially awesome.

Back to Alice though, do you know he has new comic book out? I have the first issue. It's very cool.

Mike Scott

Just some stuff I've been adding to my Creature binder, the last couple of months. These pics are the worst!

Various trading cards and stickers.

Movie cards, greeting cards, a bookmark and other stuff.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

You've some great, straight-out-of-left-field stuff, Mike. I didn't know about half of these things. Thanks for posting the pix.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 03, 2014, 07:52:53 PM
Which half?
Actually, I'm only familiar with a few of these pieces. The hallmark card was given to me decades ago by my much-maligned ex-wife and I've seen the trading cards around. I'm not a paper goods collector, so I haven't really looked through much of those items. Seeing them in one place really makes them impressive, though.

Mike Scott

The top pic:

Trading Card Treats (1 of 6), Pepsi Cards set (1 0f 6) and the Creature card from the "Classic Toys" card set. Wacky Packages cards and a Doritos sticker.

The bottom pic has:

A French movie card. It's an ongoing series with probably 100s of cards. Only one Creature, though.

A 1980s bookmark. There were other UMs and many other characters (Disney, etc.) made by One Stop Posters.

Italian movie cards. Stats on the back.

Two repro 1959 post cards from Wakulla Springs, FL.

The Hallmark die-cut.

A window cling.
CREATURE FAN

Count_Zirock

Picked up a NECA 12" Godzilla (2014) figure at Walmart, of all places.

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

marsattacks666

Quote from: Count_Zirock on October 05, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

Really cool.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Count_Zirock on October 05, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

Man, I wouldn't have guessed Walmart had any cool toys!
CREATURE FAN

jimm

Mine doesn't...no Uni DVDs either