Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Been waiting for somebody to bust up one of those "100 monsters in a tube" so I could get these! :)

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 02, 2015, 11:59:10 AM
Been waiting for somebody to bust up one of those "100 monsters in a tube" so I could get these! :)
I couldn't bring myself to break up my "tube". I figured the count would be off but there were exactly 100. Guess I'm too picky about keeping things intact. (we need an emoticon for "shrugs shoulders"  ;D)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

I paid half as much as the whole container costs, but I just didn't want to deal with getting rid of the other 98.
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

They would have made some killer Halloween treats.  tynhrt

We live out in boonieland so I never explored that avenue. We got exactly zero trickortreaters on the big night. But, our house's innards look like Hween all year 'round.

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

Where is the Big Bucket of Monsters sold? How much does it cost?

???

The boys' boodle bag we distributed this year included a dinosaur figurine and a couple of creepy crawlies:

While the girls' bag included a couple of unicorns/winged ponies and a creepy crawly:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 02, 2015, 04:15:49 PM
They would have made some killer Halloween treats.

Why didn't I think of that?!
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on November 02, 2015, 05:17:04 PM
Where is the Big Bucket of Monsters sold? How much does it cost?
I ordered mine from Amazon for $17.95 and free shipping on $35 order: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W5WSN5A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02

Most of them are nice playset figures. If I ever do another custom monster playset it will probably include a few of these. I would have to order another tube if I did that since I want one complete example for my collection.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on November 02, 2015, 05:17:04 PM
The boys' boodle bag we distributed this year included a dinosaur figurine and a couple of creepy crawlies:

That little Parasaurolophus looks like an Ajax repop.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

We scored a bag of several dozen of the dinosaurs and a bag of several dozen of the ponies at Target for a buck each! We knew immediately that they'd be ideal for the Halloween treat bags we were planning.

:)

Sadly the Target stores in Canada closed up after barely eighteen months of operation. Worse yet Target had taken over the Zellers stores in Canada and the Zellers store in our neighbourhood carried a huge stock of Halloween candy and was therefore the place to go for Halloween candy. Without the Zellers store  to keep the supermarkets and drug stores in the neighbourhood honest, there are no longer huge markdowns on Halloween candy the day before Halloween!  The other retailers have no problem selling basically all their stock by Halloween so they aren't compelled to mark things down! Bummer.

>:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

jimm

I'm gonna get me one of them monster tubes.,neato

horrorhunter

Quote from: jimm on November 02, 2015, 07:53:47 PM
I'm gonna get me one of them monster tubes.,neato
Those tubes are big, dude! You could use one for home defense and go all Buford Pusser  C:) on someone if you weren't a condition freak like me.

:laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

jimm

jimm

Heck gonna tear it open have a battle on my desk paint a few... That what u mean by condition freak 😁

horrorhunter

Quote from: jimm on November 02, 2015, 09:44:02 PM
Heck gonna tear it open have a battle on my desk paint a few... That what u mean by condition freak 😁
They would be fun to paint. They would also be good for tabletop gaming with the right rules. I would use some in another custom monster playset. All of these things would be cool for me with an extra tube. I just always like to have one complete example in nice condition and keep it that way for my collection. Sometimes I feel more like an archivist than a collector, but I just feel compelled to keep one example of each thing "as new".
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

Ciné Art offered a number of ways to go with their Frankenstein busts.  I have one of the 3-ring sales binders from Ciné Art.

The Wholesale Prices:

1.  The unassembled kit sold for $360.00 ea. for 2-4 pieces. (2 piece min.)  It sold for $295.00 for 5 pieces or more.
2.  Assembly and painting of the kit was offered by Ciné Art for $400.00 more.
3.  "Full Painted Bust" was available in the 250 Limited Ed. painted & signed by Gino Acevedo for $900.00.

Suggested Retail Prices:

1.  The unassembled kit - $595.00.
2.  Assembly & painting - no quote
3.  "Full Painted Head Bust" - $1700.00.

The Limited Ed. of 900 Resin 1:1 busts evidently also encompassed the optional hand-painted bust done by Gino Acevedo, which would be limited to 250.  (I'm sure none of these numbers were ever reached, otherwise they would be all over eBay.)  I just got one of the 250.  It is inscribed #153 of 900 and is signed by Acevedo with an electric pen.

I was pretty happy to find this example of the "Full Painted Head Bust" listed on eBay with a starting bid of $599.00 - with free shipping:

I was even happier when no one else bid!  This darn thing probably sold for a "discounted" $1495.00 when it was issued.

My picture doesn't do it justice.
ADAM