TINY Vending Machine Monster Buttons.

Started by neonnoodle, January 09, 2008, 11:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

There are also some nice monster-themes buttons form the 70's that were made by a company named "Say It With Buttons".
ADAM

Muggs

I still my own my Originals from 1981. I own those in the photograph however they are not my originals. I gave away some to my friends back in those days at school. I bought/Stole them in a Gumball Machine at Montgomery Ward in Ventura California. I put my coin into the Machine and it got stuck. So I opened up the little door stuck my hand in there wiggled my fingers and I noticed more started to fall out!! So i asked my Mom for another coin and repeated the process several times and I ended up with about 10 of these or so.

Hepcat

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on August 02, 2023, 04:22:34 PMThere are also some nice monster-themes buttons form the 70's that were made by a company named "Say It With Buttons".

You're talking about these I presume:

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 04, 2014, 11:57:24 PM
These 2ΒΌ" clasp-back buttons are all labeled "Say It With Buttons - 1108 Front Street - Lisle , Ill. 60532 - (312) 968-7458" along the bottom edge.  They are not dated.  They look very 70's to me.

Obviously an election year.  This button was either printed with and without the red stripes, or they had some half-completed images that they used up.  I remember seeing a lot of these.  I think the producer was printing these like crazy to keep up with demand.

This button exists with this color variation.  This pretty much pins the time frame to 1972.  That was the year Nixon was running for re-election and Watergate was all over the news.  Woodward and Bernstein were asking a lot of embarrassing questions and Tricky Dick was doing a lot of explaining.  Nixon would often repeat the phrase, "Let me make one thing perfectly clear".

These two fellows are kinda cute.  I assume a jr. high aged monster kid would wear the Hunchback button to the dance in the school gym/cafeteria/auditorium.  The guy with the bad teeth was a joke taken from a toothpaste commercial that was running on TV every day.  Only he didn't have 20% fewer calories because he used the sponsor's product - but because he had 20% fewer teeth.

That's all I have of these.  I bought them just for the Frankenstein buttons.  (Still looking for the Frankenstein "GENIUS" button.)  Don't know how many different buttons were made.

Quote from: 60sThru80s on July 30, 2011, 10:18:27 PMThese are pics I found several years ago on flickr, probably uploaded by some of the elders of UMA.

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: Muggs on April 10, 2024, 09:46:15 PMI bought/Stole them in a Gumball Machine at Montgomery Ward in Ventura California. I put my coin into the Machine and it got stuck. So I opened up the little door stuck my hand in there wiggled my fingers and I noticed more started to fall out!! So i asked my Mom for another coin and repeated the process several times and I ended up with about 10 of these or so.

Cool story!

Quote from: Muggs on April 10, 2024, 09:46:15 PMI still my own my Originals from 1981. I own those in the photograph however they are not my originals.

But I'm confused. Which originals do you still own? And which photograph pictures other buttons that you own which are not your originals? There are several in this thread.

???

Muggs

Quote from: Hepcat on April 10, 2024, 10:50:05 PM
You're talking about these I presume:

;)
I still own my original famous monsters buttons from 1981. From the incident I mentioned in my story. However I cannot post the pictures of them because I'm trying to figure out how to enable attachments.

Hepcat

You cannot enable Attachments on this board. You must hotlink your pictures (using the IMG][/IMG tags) to a site where these pictures are hosted (not to your computer's hard drive). Hotlinking to Facebook though doesn't work for long. Facebook severs the links within days because the bandwidth you're using costs them money.

cl:)