Del Toro to Unleash Frankenstien

Started by hhwolfman, January 06, 2008, 08:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wich2

"I say "nertz" to you guys."

Well, Max, may Karnak the Great's pet eagle leave a surprise in your cornflakes!

But seriously:

That marvel of design (Jack & Boris be praised!) is SO Iconic, that it can't "free-stand" anymore; too much baggage. In a "this is sorta a sequel to the classics", like Stan Winston WANTED "Monster Squad" to be, or like Sommers SHOULDA wanted "Van Helsing" to be, yes.

In a fresh version of Shelley's story, which is evidently what Del Toro wants, it wouldn't work - or even be "accurate"?

Best,
-Craig W.

The Drunken Severed Head

Yeah, yeah, right. Whatever.  ;)

Do you mean audiences would accept a monster like the one whose pic you've posted, Per Oscarrson's? Ah, he just looks like a guy with jaundice and black lipstick.

You are likely right only because it would take some skill and thoughtfulness to make it work, and that probably wouldn't happen. But if a Peter Jackson tried selling the idea ahead of time, and made an introduction of the monster properly, I still say it might work. :-*

ProfGriffin

Did you know Del Toro (Benicio) can (by memory) list every issue of FM and decribe what the cover is...
He did it for me when he was in Austin for Sin City.

The man knows monsters.

-Prof. Griffin
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

Cameron

Quote from: ProfGriffin on February 07, 2008, 10:03:21 AM
Did you know Del Toro (Benicio) can (by memory) list every issue of FM and decribe what the cover is...
He did it for me when he was in Austin for Sin City.

The man knows monsters.

-Prof. Griffin

thats awesome.

The Phantom Creep

Wow Prof. that's interesting, I didn't even know he was a fan of the monsters.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"