Kaustik Plastik Phantom of the Opera.

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2024, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Another sure to be super nice (and super expensive) release by KP. Full reveal in March. I bought Bela. I bought Cushing and Lee. I cancelled on Nosfeartu. I would be down for a Wolfman. This will undoubtedly come with the organ I figure. Keep your eyes peeled.

darkmonkeygod

This one sure is somethin'.

Not my photos of the monsters on display in the Kaustik Plastik / Infinite booth today at Spielwarenmesse, the Nuremberg Toy Fair - well, yesterday their time.  ;)

Added three more of their promo shots.

I believe these pics will get a little larger if you click on them, and you can see Erik's face a bit better if you do. And these aren't hotlinked, so they should remain.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

it looks great. That being said, I doubt I can get it. Their figures are by no means cheap, and as wonderful as that organ base is, I don't have the room after doing this for over three decades. I may have to admire from afar. :'(

Doh!

Looks awesome! But as Anton says, not free or easy to display. I have the Sideshow version from 20 years ago and this is the clear winner. But I'm holding out for their (probable) Frank and Wolfie figures. Possibly the Bride, if they continue the line.

Note that all 3 are mere speculation on my part.

Dr.Terror

These things always look great in promo pics, but production examples never quite look right.    For the price these things should be perfect.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Joseph_Baeza

If you had asked me 10 years ago whether we would ever see the 1/6th Sideshow Universal Monsters ever surpassed in their detail and presentation for the mass market, I would've told you that it was not possible. I would've been dead wrong. Kaustik Plastik/Infinite Statue have produced THE DEFINITIVE 1/6 Universal Monsters that are true works of art. I cannot wait to see what other characters they decide to tackle.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on January 31, 2024, 10:50:20 AM
If you had asked me 10 years ago whether we would ever see the 1/6th Sideshow Universal Monsters ever surpassed in their detail and presentation for the mass market, I would've told you that it was not possible. I would've been dead wrong. Kaustik Plastik/Infinite Statue have produced THE DEFINITIVE 1/6 Universal Monsters that are true works of art. I cannot wait to see what other characters they decide to tackle.

Yes, Joe. it's true. Their figures are lovely. I really wish I had the room and the the willpower to part with the funds they ask for them. Unfortunately I find it difficult to follow through.  I would cave in a heart beat for their rumored Wolfman though.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Dr.Terror

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on January 31, 2024, 10:50:20 AM

What made the SS figures so great is what you got for the price.   No company will ever beat that. These are still completely out of reach for most collectors.   
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Doh!

I did a little digging, and the Sideshow one actually came out in 1998... for $25 bucks! Even with inflation, that's only about $47 in today's dollars. Vintage review:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_081301.htm

Anton Phibes

Yes, KP figures are "amazingly heavy" to quote one of the plantation hands from Son of Dracula. At least where their price is concerned. Chaney Phantom goes up for pre order in April. 3 Versions. Standard, Deluxe, Exclusive.

Exclusive version comes with a stone floor base with sculpted Persian rug, as well as a music stand a violin.

ALL SURE TO BE EXTREMELY PRICEY.