Unidentified Toys and Figures

Started by fmofmpls, December 17, 2007, 11:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raycastile

My mom and grandmother were into that stuff.  I remember some molds lying around the house.  I accompanied them to a few ceramics classes.
Raymond Castile

tv horror

SO, the secrets out at last. Ray is really the Golem and there we only thought of him as having feet of clay. All the best Ray (I hope that you can take a joke GULP).
A limerick a day keeps the Baron at bay

fmofmpls

Quote from: tv horror on May 30, 2008, 10:59:07 AM
SO, the secrets out at last. Ray is really the Golem.

LOL! This explains everything.  :D
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

NekroDave

My mom was into that stuff to, but I think the closest she came to doing any monster stuff was a Halloween decoration of a pumpkin headed scarecrow. Hmmm, I should see if it's still around.

hhwolfman

Quote from: Dr.Terror on May 25, 2008, 07:46:14 PM
Those Dollar Store Monsters seem to have been sold alot in the UK.   I've gotten a few of them from UK sellers, and have seen a few auctions for them from UK sellers.

Interesting fact about those guys, The Wolfman, Frankie, and Mummy all use slighty reworked pieces from the Marx Monsters. 

Here is the only one i have ever found. It has a different package. Simba Toy Makers. Also a Mistake Package. Says Vampire.

poseablemonster

That's cool, I haven't seen that package before.

raycastile

I've only seen the packaging in the first post.  This is the first time I've seen any variation on these.
Raymond Castile

Dr.Terror

That card variation is great!  Much cooler than the others.  The other looks like the outside of a crappy 80's dark ride.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

fmofmpls

Never seen that variation before. Much cooler-looking than the more common card. Weird stuff indeed.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Count Zero

i found these photographs while lurking around on the net.

was this made from an actual frankenbucket or speaker head?
or did someone cast this from one?

it sure is a nice looking piece.

anddddddd... i am still trying to figure out the origins of this dracula

looking for vhs recordings of tnt's monstervision with joe bob briggs

Mike Scott

Quote from: Count Zero on April 07, 2017, 07:43:48 AM

Hard to say, from those photos. The big holes in the tops of the originals would have to be filled in to hold the light .
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Count Zero on April 07, 2017, 07:43:48 AM

i found these photographs while lurking around on the net.

it sure is a nice looking piece.

It is a resin repro.  You can tell by the wooden base.  They just didn't put the metal name plate on.

Even they can bring relatively high prices.  The auction results above are from August, 2015.

Also, the repro's do not begin life green:

ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: hhwolfman on June 13, 2008, 11:40:15 AM
Here is the only one i have ever found. It has a different package. Simba Toy Makers. Also a Mistake Package. Says Vampire.

This Frankenstein is also on a "Vampire" card.  I thought it was a mistake, too.  Now I wonder if they ran out of all the other cards.

Nice style.  I would like to have a Frankenstein on a card like that - But I would want it on a "Frankenstein" card.

(I thought these figures were manufactured in Spain?)
ADAM

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 08, 2017, 12:28:18 AM

This Frankenstein is also on a "Vampire" card.  I thought it was a mistake, too.  Now I wonder if they ran out of all the other cards.

Nice style.  I would like to have a Frankenstein on a card like that - But I would want it on a "Frankenstein" card.

(I thought these figures were manufactured in Spain?)

The line was called Monster Vampire in Germany. It's just a cultural signifier of horror, much like their Vampir Pabel periodical books or for years naming Godzilla "Frankenstein".

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on April 08, 2017, 10:12:01 PM
The line was called Monster Vampire in Germany. It's just a cultural signifier of horror, much like their Vampir Pabel periodical books or for years naming Godzilla "Frankenstein".

Maybe if I had known that, I would have bought the carded Frankenstein when it was listed.

(Maybe not.  I seem to remember it went for too high a price for a generic Frank.)
ADAM