1960’s vacuform plaques

Started by Wolfman, November 09, 2023, 11:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman

I doubt anyone still has any of these, but if someone does, and they want a nice payday, please lmk. Specifically want the Mummy.

JP

Wolfman

Well, the long journey has finally come to an end. Just bought the Frankenstein off a private collector. Didn't get it yet, but this, for me, is the holiest of holy grails.

JP

Mike Scott

Congrats on your Ack-quisition!  :)

Pictures, we need pictures!

Do you have others?

I can only dream of ever having a Creature plaque.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wolfman

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 08, 2023, 10:20:10 PM
Congrats on your Ack-quisition!  :)

Pictures, we need pictures!

Do you have others?

I can only dream of ever having a Creature plaque.
This will be my ONLY one. No way in hell I'm buying another one. Easily the most $ I've ever spent on any one thing, outside a car or house. He had Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman and the Creature. I don't know how to post pics here, but I can email you a pic when I get it, and you can post it if you'd like. I'm only paying him next week, so it'll be a little while before it arrives.

JP

Mike Scott

Quote from: Wolfman on December 08, 2023, 10:23:52 PM
I don't know how to post pics here, but I can email you a pic when I get it, and you can post it if you'd like.

I can do that.  :)

How many Gs did he want for the Creature.
CREATURE FAN

Wolfman

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 08, 2023, 11:18:56 PM
I can do that.  :)

How many Gs did he want for the Creature.
I didn't ask, but I'm guessing around 6-8k. Great condition on all of these. He won these 4 off of eBay 5 years ago for something like 13k. Now he's cashing in a nice profit. Smart move on his part.

JP

Mike Scott

Quote from: Wolfman on December 09, 2023, 12:16:16 PM
I didn't ask, but I'm guessing around 6-8k.

I know, several years ago, this one in the poly w/ header card sold for 10K.

CREATURE FAN

Wolfman

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 09, 2023, 01:16:41 PM
I know, several years ago, this one in the poly w/ header card sold for 10K.

Never saw a pic of that. Insane how it's stayed in the bag all these years!

JP

Mike Scott

Quote from: Wolfman on December 09, 2023, 01:38:10 PM
Never saw a pic of that. Insane how it's stayed in the bag all these years!

It's been in the '60s Creature gallery for years. Old store find, maybe? Only thing I can think of.
CREATURE FAN

Wolfman

Quote from: Mike Scott on December 09, 2023, 01:42:36 PM
It's been in the '60s Creature gallery for years. Old store find, maybe? Only thing I can think of.
As cool, and RARE as that is, I prefer having one outside the bag. For me, the glare detracts from its overall beauty.

JP

Mike Scott

Quote from: Wolfman on December 09, 2023, 02:01:22 PM
As cool, and RARE as that is, I prefer having one outside the bag. For me, the glare detracts from its overall beauty.

I don't think it would hurt the resale value to pop the staples and remove the plaque from the bag for display. Maybe even display the card with the plaque.
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: Wolfman on November 09, 2023, 11:48:11 AMI doubt anyone still has any of these, but if someone does, and they want a nice payday, please lmk. Specifically want the Mummy.

Quote from: Wolfman on December 08, 2023, 10:23:52 PMHe had Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman and the Creature.

Why did you pick the Frankenstein? Was it in better condition or a lot cheaper than the others?

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

Wolfman

Quote from: Hepcat on December 11, 2023, 12:17:03 PM
Why did you pick the Frankenstein? Was it in better condition or a lot cheaper than the others?

???
Less than the others. The word cheaper shouldn't be used when discussing these. 😂 The Dracula was being bought by a friend to complete the set. Also, the Creature and Wolfman both have the exact same artwork as the wallets, which I have. The Frankenstein has different artwork, so that appealed to me.

JP

Hepcat

Quote from: Wolfman on December 11, 2023, 07:26:01 PMThe Dracula was being bought by a friend to complete the set.

You're saying your friend now has the set?  :o If so did he have any of these as a kid? When did he start gathering them up as an adult?

???

Quote from: Wolfman on December 11, 2023, 07:26:01 PMAlso, the Creature and Wolfman both have the exact same artwork as the wallets, which I have.

In what condition is your Creature-Wolfman wallet? Does it have the original cards?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Wolfman

Quote from: Hepcat on December 11, 2023, 07:50:03 PM
You're saying your friend now has the set?  :o If so did he have any of these as a kid? When did he start gathering them up as an adult?

???

In what condition is your Creature-Wolfman wallet? Does it have the original cards?

???
No. Not from when he was a kid. 4 of the 6 pretty recently.

Great condition on my wallet. Not sure on the cards. I know one of my wallets has some, but can't remember which one.

JP