Frankenstein VHS

Started by crissrudd4554, October 09, 2022, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crissrudd4554

Hello, I'm looking for a copy of Frankenstein on VHS, the 1991 edition. More specifically I'm looking for a copy of it with this specific promo at the start of the tape.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1MC-2mtz-s

For those unaware, when Universal began releasing their Classic Collection VHS series from 1991-1994 the promos were changed as the collection progressed. Initially in '91 the promo promoted the first 9 releases, then in '92 the promo was extended to include the '92 releases, then in '93 the promo was shortened to not mention specific titles cutting it all done to about 40 basic yet enticing seconds. Reprint copies of earlier releases also got the promo upgrades. In my collection I have copies of Frankenstein with the '91 and '93 promos (to my knowledge the '94 promo was only on the '94 releases and not ported over to reprints of the '91-'93 releases). However I was hoping to maybe round it out by finding a copy with that '92 extended promo. If anyone out there has one or maybe know the whereabouts of one give a holler! Thanks. :)

crissrudd4554

Sharing some images as a guide to anyone who may wanna check their tapes but may not have a VCR to check the promo itself. If anyone wants to check their Frankenstein tapes report back if by any chance yours has the thin end label on the bottom with the films title as well as a black button for the cassette door (the white button will most likely have the '91 promo on it, not '92). Another give away for any of you who were lucky enough to hold onto the fliers that came with the tapes is if it came with the '92 flier. Below are an image of a Bride of Frankenstein tape that fits this description as well as an image of the flier. Again THAT specific flier. Not the purple one or the other two that gives brief summaries of other titles.

marsattacks666

I'm a VHS fan( atic) and serious collector for thirty five years or more. Let me check a see what I have.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

crissrudd4554

Just bought a tape off eBay that at least from the pictures matches the description I used for the Bride tape I posted about. Label on the bottom and black button. I'll report back about the promo after I received and inspected the tape! ;)

marsattacks666

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 15, 2022, 08:34:15 PM
Just bought a tape off eBay that at least from the pictures matches the description I used for the Bride tape I posted about. Label on the bottom and black button. I'll report back about the promo after I received and inspected the tape! ;)

👍🏻
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

crissrudd4554

Just checked the tape. Sadly it's the '91 promo so my theory about the black button is only partly true. Guess I'll keep looking. Anything pops up for anyone give a shout out!

crissrudd4554

Trying a new method. More details soon.

crissrudd4554

Nevermind. Received an item from a dishonest seller. The search continues.

marsattacks666

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 26, 2022, 07:16:15 PM
Nevermind. Received an item from a dishonest seller. The search continues.

Sorry. An ebay purchase?

crissrudd4554

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 27, 2022, 05:50:28 AM
Sorry. An ebay purchase?

Yep. The copy I received, albeit the same edition, was not the one he had pictured.

marsattacks666

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 27, 2022, 09:31:26 AM
Yep. The copy I received, albeit the same edition, was not the one he had pictured.

That sucks. I really dislike dealing with dishonest ebay sellers.

crissrudd4554

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 27, 2022, 09:50:49 AM
That sucks. I really dislike dealing with dishonest ebay sellers.

He asked me to return it and he said he'll send the correct one so we'll see.

marsattacks666

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 27, 2022, 01:04:14 PM
He asked me to return it and he said he'll send the correct one so we'll see.

Hopefully,  that will work out

crissrudd4554

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 28, 2022, 07:09:39 AM
Hopefully,  that will work out

I told him to just give me the refund after he gets it back. He added new pictures to the listing of another copy which I can still tell isn't the one he was selling originally. Very dishonest IMO.

marsattacks666

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 28, 2022, 12:53:32 PM
I told him to just give me the refund after he gets it back. He added new pictures to the listing of another copy which I can still tell isn't the one he was selling originally. Very dishonest IMO.

Be patient. There will be a more honest seller, the next time one comes along.