Puzzles, anyone?

Started by Illoman, July 17, 2012, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illoman

Ever since I was a kid I have always enjoyed putting together jigsaw puzzles. Here's a few I've saved through the years:

Disney ones, circa 1973:

Illoman

A Johnny Bench from early 1970's:

A Marvel comics one from the late 70's:

Illoman

And finally, my Frazettas:

bigbud

Those are nice Illo! I often think that a good puzzle is about the only inexpensive item I find at alot of flea markets or garage sales. Your Frazetta's are special nice.....Buddy

dlhenderson

I've never seen those Frazetta puzzles!

Bizarro Jeff

I can remember buying several puzzles from the companies advertizing in the backs of "Creepy", "Eerie", and other mags back in the 60s and 70s...at one point, I remember having a 2x3 foot poster from one of "The Shadow" pulp adventures.

Recently I've been buying Halloween themed puzzles from Bits and Pieces.

Bizarro Jeff
Some things are better not seen, some things are better lost than found...

godwinshelley

I really enjoy those "sliding puzzles" - where there is one square missing and you have to move things around to get the picture put together.  I have a few larger sized ones of  famous classical artwork (Picasso, Matisse, VanGogh, etc.) but the absoute hardest ones are the M.C. Escher.  They take at least twice as long to get together as the others.
Looks like I'll be missing this Monster Bash! - Maybe in 2016 : (

Maybe I'll see you all at Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Festival.

Illoman

Quote from: godwinshelley on August 05, 2012, 07:26:01 PM
I really enjoy those "sliding puzzles" - where there is one square missing and you have to move things around to get the picture put together.  I have a few larger sized ones of  famous classical artwork (Picasso, Matisse, VanGogh, etc.) but the absoute hardest ones are the M.C. Escher.  They take at least twice as long to get together as the others.

Man, I love those too!! I have a Howdy Doody and an Archies one. When I was a kid I had a Mighty Mouse one and a Yogi Bear. Wish I still had those...

RICKH

When I was in college back in the 70's I had several puzzles of monsters that Jeff Jones had painted.  I'm pretty sure one of them was a mummy and I'm not sure what the rest were...maybe a swamp creature?? Does anyone rembember these?
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Hepcat

Quote from: godwinshelley on August 05, 2012, 07:26:01 PM

Like these?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

dlhenderson

Hepcat

You're right! That's a really good one!

8)

CreepyJeff

Quote from: dlhenderson on August 20, 2012, 12:19:31 PM
Here's a good one.

Definitely among my "grail" pieces to hopefully one day obtain!
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Hepcat

Interesting that all three of these slide puzzles were made by the Roalex Company and that the Frankenstein one was #201. I wonder how many different ones were made by Roalex in all and whether anyone has catalogued these slide puzzles in a book.

:-\

dlhenderson

Here are a few more by the Roalex Co.
The last pair aren't by Roalex!  ;D