THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

How does the food at the DD Cafe compare with that at Monster Cafe Saltillo, the one at Universal Studios and the other ones?

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

The cuisine at DD appeals to palettes ranging from the 20's to the present. Something to cater to all tastes. Present fare has been geared towards the 80's. They continue to get 5 star ratings though. ;) ;D

On May 22nd, there will be a special menu item, officially licensed and partnered with Pallbearer and Famous Monsters of Filmland Magazine that nearly everyone should like to, at the very least...sample. Watch your inboxes or subscribe to the menu today.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 29, 2023, 04:43:01 PM
On May 22nd, there will be a special menu item, officially licensed and partnered with Pallbearer and Famous Monsters of Filmland Magazine that nearly everyone should like to, at the very least...sample. Watch your inboxes or subscribe to the menu today.
OH MY!!! Is it possible we will be getting an official Forrest J Ackerman figure? That would literally blow my mind and have me incredibly excited!  A DD Dessert item that would be off the charts!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 30, 2023, 08:36:45 PM
OH MY!!! Is it possible we will be getting an official Forrest J Ackerman figure? That would literally blow my mind and have me incredibly excited!  A DD Dessert item that would be off the charts!

You're gonna wanna watch your in box, Joe. :angel:

Anton Phibes

OK, so the officially licensed/sanctioned Forrest J. Ackerman figure was revealed. Looks like they are sold out too. If you didn't get to see it, here is a link to pics.

http://www.distinctivedummies.net/uncleforry

There will be no hints until the end of June, as there are no DD offerings til July due to Martin's vacation to the UK. See yall then.

John Pertwee

I'm bummed that I missed it, but damn that's a great looking figure.

MonsterBaker666

Why does the Ackerman figure have the Wolf Man cane...he never owned it.  That's owned by Bob Burns.  Should have the Dracula Ring and Mummy Ring, and copies of Famous Monsters magazine, which he carried pretty much everywhere he went. 

Anton Phibes

Quote from: MonsterBaker666 on May 27, 2023, 05:09:37 AM
Why does the Ackerman figure have the Wolf Man cane...he never owned it.  That's owned by Bob Burns.  Should have the Dracula Ring and Mummy Ring, and copies of Famous Monsters magazine, which he carried pretty much everywhere he went.

I dunno. He has the Dracula ring on the figure I believe.

MonsterBaker666

Yes, that's correct.  But he also wore the Mummy ring.  NEVER had the wolf man cane.  And since this is authorized by Famous Monsters mag, and Ackerman ALWAYS walked around with them in his hand, you'd think they'd have him holding a couple of mags in his hand.

Anton Phibes

So the two new menu items for August 7th are a unique pairing of Bad boys, and certainly an acquired Taste. Both are quite the harvesters. Both have a penchant for meat. One produces food that's out of this world. The other goes big in his day. He's the best there ever was according to his Grand kids, and everything is big in Texas. Despite some folks thinking this latter is too old, and just "sucks' now....he still has a rep for being the best. The previous is quite skilled at serving up the bird....if you get my drift. Even on the vhs box.

Have fun, fiends.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 19, 2023, 08:34:33 PM
So the two new menu items for August 7th are a unique pairing of Bad boys, and certainly an acquired Taste. Both are quite the harvesters. Both have a penchant for meat. One produces food that's out of this world. The other goes big in his day. He's the best there ever was according to his Grand kids, and everything is big in Texas. Despite some folks thinking this latter is too old, and just "sucks' now....he still has a rep for being the best. The previous is quite skilled at serving up the bird....if you get my drift. Even on the vhs box.

Have fun, fiends.

This months hints are particularly tough for me (as they should be Anton :)), anyone have any thoughts?

Ian

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Palifan on July 20, 2023, 03:25:13 PM
This months hints are particularly tough for me (as they should be Anton :)), anyone have any thoughts?

Ian

Ian, I thought I gave those away.  Howabout I cheat a smidge and supply small visual assistance?

Palifan

Wow! A bad taste one and.......not so sure, is that Freddy or Highway Hell?

Ian

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Palifan on July 21, 2023, 12:56:01 AM
Wow! A bad taste one and.......not so sure, is that Freddy or Highway Hell?

Ian

Think more along the lines of a patriarch, in a family of cannibals,who own a gas station. He's the best killer ever was.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 21, 2023, 08:23:02 AM
Think more along the lines of a patriarch, in a family of cannibals,who own a gas station. He's the best killer ever was.

Is that Grandpa from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?