THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph_Baeza

I rank Fluffy right up there with the very best DD has ever produced!  It's easy to see why it sold out so quickly!

teemu

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on March 01, 2021, 06:19:27 PM
I rank Fluffy right up there with the very best DD has ever produced!  It's easy to see why it sold out so quickly!

Definitely in the Top 10....next month finishes the Creepshow line

Spock

Quote from: teemu on March 02, 2021, 11:37:17 AM
Definitely in the Top 10....next month finishes the Creepshow line

Finishes the original but not Creepshow 2

Joseph_Baeza

Anton Phibes

Yes, I shall provide a Couple of hints to Tide You Over. I wouldn't Hold Your Breath waiting on US Customs though, as some folks are still waiting on some of their most recent DD monsters to arrive..... probably Covid related. Another hint is, when I think of Lizards, my mind immediately goes to a more classic vein.... instead of this more modern offering. The one I think of usually stomps the hills. This one lives there.

Bonus hint: If I am right, DD will be starting some of their new ventures this year. One of which is sure to be a mega hit, and most certainly won't go Bust. So don't get left out in the cold when it Snows, errrrr...shows. Yipes, that hint was kind of Dead. Oh well, I tried. Don't get caught with your britches down. Later, boils and ghouls.

Joseph_Baeza

So I take it 3 figures and a bust from Martin next month based on the clues?   

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on March 23, 2021, 05:26:55 PM
So I take it 3 figures and a bust from Martin next month based on the clues?
That would be telling....bust you're on the right track, bro. ;) 8)

Palifan

Great way to end off the Creepshow run, can't wait to see these in hand and another fantastic month of releases with The Hills Have Eyes as well.

Even though there are a lot more of these retro style figures available now than when DD started, there's still something special about these and they always mean a lot more to me in my collection than the ones from other companies like Neca.

As ever, looking forward to what's coming down the line for us all.

Ian

Anton Phibes

I did the casting clean up and paint chores for the Harry and Becky Creepshow set.  Here's some photos for those who didn't get to see the email.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Palifan on April 05, 2021, 07:48:55 AM
Even though there are a lot more of these retro style figures available now than when DD started, there's still something special about these and they always mean a lot more to me in my collection than the ones from other companies like Neca.
I couldn't agree more, Ian.  Although it is great to see companies like Mego and NECA putting out more and more 8-inch cloth figures, Martin and DD still carry the mantle of premium quality, screen accurate figures that remain unmatched.  If it wasn't for guys like Martin that carried the Mego torch for a number of years and gave us the figures we've always wanted, I'm not so sure Mego would've ever relaunched.  DD truly brought back the love for retro style horror/sci-fi Mego figures in Mego's long absence, and have personally brought an enthusiasm for toy figure collecting that I have not had since Sideshow in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Palifan

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 05, 2021, 06:26:37 PM
I couldn't agree more, Ian.  Although it is great to see companies like Mego and NECA putting out more and more 8-inch cloth figures, Martin and DD still carry the mantle of premium quality, screen accurate figures that remain unmatched.  If it wasn't for guys like Martin that carried the Mego torch for a number of years and gave us the figures we've always wanted, I'm not so sure Mego would've ever relaunched.  DD truly brought back the love for retro style horror/sci-fi Mego figures in Mego's long absence, and have personally brought an enthusiasm for toy figure collecting that I have not had since Sideshow in the late 90's-early 2000's.

Hear, Hear!  ;D

teemu

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 05, 2021, 06:26:37 PM

100% agree. Though, Mego is cheap junk and you get what you pay for $15, while FTC quality is almost just as bad at their overpriced $30 price tag

Martin listens to his customers and has really carried the torch expanding into 80's and 90's films, and there is alot more to come.

Palifan

Just received my Creepshow 2 pack and what a great ending to this series! Great paintwork Anton, as well as the sculpting and clothing (and packaging for that matter!). I've really enjoyed collecting this series and I'm glad that I went for them all along the way as they make for a great looking set.

Thanks as ever to martin and the DD team and it'll be interesting to see what's next to come from them :)

Ian

Palifan

Well the end of this month seem to come up quickly and maybe there will be some new releases next week?

Maybe time for a hint  ;)

Ian

Anton Phibes

Watch your email. DD does collaborations with, and work for, others. I am pretty sure that's what's on the way for May.