THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcdee

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 10, 2017, 11:31:33 PM
I take it you didn't secure one, McDee? :-\

Not so far but I'm still hoping to....
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mcdee on December 11, 2017, 12:41:46 AM
Not so far but I'm still hoping to....
Mcdee

I opted not to struggle for one to let larger fans have a better shot at one. Hope you get one bro.

John Pertwee

Quote from: the_horror_man on December 03, 2017, 11:01:22 PM
Ya, like it came out of the bargain bin when you go to a collectible store and they have a bunch of used figures all thrown in a bin.

thm

I know the man that had this for sale, and it actually did come out of a large pile of loose figures. It was loose in a collection of Sideshow 12 inch figures loose and packaged and did not come with a cape. The hair had paint missing, and was thrown in a pile for sale like it was nothing. He knew what it was immediately.

the_horror_man

Quote from: John Pertwee on December 11, 2017, 12:14:41 PM
I know the man that had this for sale, and it actually did come out of a large pile of loose figures. It was loose in a collection of Sideshow 12 inch figures loose and packaged and did not come with a cape. The hair had paint missing, and was thrown in a pile for sale like it was nothing. He knew what it was immediately.

This figure still gets much respect in the collecting world. It is a shame that this is one of a limited edition and it is in such rough shape without packaging.

thm

Anton Phibes

Makes me more appreciative of mine. That these things are getting thrown about and treated as disposable this early in the game means there are certainly less than 50 minty ones still out there. So, like Sideshow pieces, some get damaged and pitched. Making the remaining ones all the more rare. Cards are being thrown away by at least 2 collectors I have come in contact with here at the forums or on mego forums. Its odd that those lovely cards would be pitched.

Palifan

Quote from: the_horror_man on December 11, 2017, 12:36:43 PM
This figure still gets much respect in the collecting world. It is a shame that this is one of a limited edition and it is in such rough shape without packaging.

thm

It does make you wonder how it ever ended up in this sad state. Maybe it was from a collect5or who passed away or even a collection that was stolen and the thieves didn't really know what they had. hard to know for sure but at least someone has it now who cares and I'm sure if they asked Martin what paint was used for the hair it could be patched up pretty well. There might even be a chance of getting a cape for it as well as I think this cape has been used on other releases.

Hopefully we'll get to see it back to it's former glory at some point.

As for the seller of the few Pennywise figures I think it's the same company that commissioned the George Reeves Superman recently and must have a good relationship with Martin. Each month I notice they have a few DD figures for sale so knew that they're someone who supports these figures. Their prices have always been under what others have been asking for the same figures as well so I've never had much of a problem with them. I do understand though how frustrating it is when you miss out on something the first time around, it's certainly happened to me and it's never nice paying over the odds. Just remember to keep a close eye on those emails each month to avoid disappointment.

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Palifan on December 11, 2017, 01:01:12 PM
It does make you wonder how it ever ended up in this sad state. Maybe it was from a collect5or who passed away or even a collection that was stolen and the thieves didn't really know what they had. hard to know for sure but at least someone has it now who cares and I'm sure if they asked Martin what paint was used for the hair it could be patched up pretty well. There might even be a chance of getting a cape for it as well as I think this cape has been used on other releases.

Hopefully we'll get to see it back to it's former glory at some point.

As for the seller of the few Pennywise figures I think it's the same company that commissioned the George Reeves Superman recently and must have a good relationship with Martin. Each month I notice they have a few DD figures for sale so knew that they're someone who supports these figures. Their prices have always been under what others have been asking for the same figures as well so I've never had much of a problem with them. I do understand though how frustrating it is when you miss out on something the first time around, it's certainly happened to me and it's never nice paying over the odds. Just remember to keep a close eye on those emails each month to avoid disappointment.

Ian
Yes, it was like rescuing a poor abused animal from a shelter.  The figure was actually not in too bad a shape; just some chipped paint on the hair and some marks on the face.  I've already hit Martin up to sell me a cape, and I'm sure he'll come through as he always does.  I'll try to post pics when the Count is back and ready to attack!

Anton Phibes

Congrats on the score Joe. If you need touch up on the face and hair, and are willing to pay shipping costs to and from, I can touch him up for you free of charge. I have helped others out on the forum, and thm can attest to my touch up work, as can others. Just pm me if ya wanna take me up on it. 8)

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 12, 2017, 12:35:23 PM
Congrats on the score Joe. If you need touch up on the face and hair, and are willing to pay shipping costs to and from, I can touch him up for you free of charge. I have helped others out on the forum, and thm can attest to my touch up work, as can others. Just pm me if ya wanna take me up on it. 8)

Absolutely, Richard will make it look like it never had any damage to begin with.

thm

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on December 12, 2017, 12:35:23 PM
Awesome, Richard!  I may have to take you up on that.  I know you share the same passion and love for DD as I do, and would do a killer job restoring the piece.  I know this firsthand.  Thanks, brotha.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on December 12, 2017, 04:20:22 PM
Awesome, Richard!  I may have to take you up on that.  I know you share the same passion and love for DD as I do, and would do a killer job restoring the piece.  I know this firsthand.  Thanks, brotha.

I know....but just in case you needed another opinion beyond Shockie and Dorian's,lol.....I am at your disposal. Just let me know. ;)

Mcdee

....and again .... in just under the wire....Martin is one Stand up guy !!!
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

the_horror_man

How are we looking for next month? ;D

thm

Joseph_Baeza

I would really love to see DD get 2018 started with a 1/6 Carradine Dracula!