THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

I, too, can recommend The Norliss Tapes (1973).

Even though it features the undead/demonic it struck me as having a very creepy Lovecraftian vibe. This is some of Curtis' best work, right up there with The Night Stalker as far as I'm concerned (and I'm a huge NS fan). The DVD is OOP and pricey so unless you're a DVD collector with deep pockets you'll want to dig up a boot. This one is in dire need of a Blu-ray release with all the bells and whistles.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Palifan

Great title and my local library has a large DVD selection on file so it's a great way to watch films for free, got to love your local library!

Ian

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 27, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
Watch it while you can Palifan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crNstutYXik

Just finished it and thanks Anton and horror hunter for both mentioning and finding it online. I didn't expect it to be a detective,zombie San Fran flick, what's not to like! Great close up on the eyes at the end and I did enjoy it. I can see what you meant horror hunter about it needing a proper up to date release with extras ect but I'm it was available to watch.

Cheers guys!  :D

Ian

the_horror_man

You want to watch fantastic classic horror tales? Check this one out. Watched it about a year ago. Awesome! ;D

thm

! No longer available

Palifan

This looks to be up my sweet, another great recommendation for me, thanks thm  :D

Ian

Palifan

Just finished the film so thanks for the heads up thm.

I knew I'd enjoy this one when Tom Baker and Terry Thomas's names came up at the start, some more classic UK actors from my childhood and Tom Baker was my Dr Who growing up so I've always had a soft spot for anything he's in. Infact it jogged my memory of an old film I used to own on VHS called The Mutations that he was in with Donald Pleasence. I can't remember much about it but I think it was a bit like a 50's style movie made in the mid 70's....Just found it and although I'm not sure I can recommend it here's a link to it incase anyone hasn't seen it and has a spare hour and a half - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZB8UZvk7XA

Thanks again for the link and I've always loved anthology films since seeing the first Creepshow.

Ian

the_horror_man

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 27, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
Watch it while you can Palifan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crNstutYXik

I really enjoyed this. Thanks Anton. ;D

Quote from: Palifan on April 29, 2017, 12:40:51 AM

Thanks again for the link and I've always loved anthology films since seeing the first Creepshow.

Ian

Me too. Glad you liked it. I will check out Mutations, thanks. ;D

thm

Palifan

Me too. Glad you liked it. I will check out Mutations, thanks. ;D

thm
[/quote]

Apologies in advance if it's terrible, I really can't remember a thing about it but you never know, it maybe a lost gem! :D

Ian

Palifan

Well that's some tasty treats this morning, outstanding releases.  :D

Ian

Anton Phibes

Both menu items will be coming to Casa D' Gifford via meals on wheels as well. Scrumptious. Wolf is about perfect. Both sculpts are really great! Steve Thompson does it again!  Card art for both is great!

Palifan

The Wolf card art is stunning and I had to go for it and the Jack P head sculpt is also amazing but as I still haven't seen this film yet so I needed to draw the line somewhere and let it go. I'm still very happy with my two Lee Dracs so am happy enough with them for the classic look of this character. It's funny though with all the mention recently on here about the various Dracula films and this new DD lineup coming our way, looks like we guessed a couple of what's to come.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Ian

Anton Phibes

Martin has been discussing the all Dracula and all Frankenstein waves for a couple years now. Amongst others. Usually when something is discussed, it is a good indicator it will escape the dungeon and chase after us all,lol.

Palifan

It's a great idea to do these two waves although I must admit that other than the bottom two Dracula's I'm not familiar with the others (one looks like Lee?), and I also only know the Were-Wolf from Wolf. Looks like I need some more education.

Ian

Mord

Quote from: Palifan on May 01, 2017, 11:15:18 AM
It's a great idea to do these two waves although I must admit that other than the bottom two Dracula's I'm not familiar with the others (one looks like Lee?), and I also only know the Were-Wolf from Wolf. Looks like I need some more education.

Ian
The top one is Lee. It's from a Jess Franco film called Count Dracula (El Conde Dracula). So-so film, but Lee looks great in it.