UNEXPLAINED SIGHTINGS OF "REAL" MONSTERS CAUGHT ON FILM.

Started by Dr.Teufel Geist, July 02, 2009, 02:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monster Bob

1995 was when Burns said it to me-at his house, and implied that it was known in the industry (Chambers involvement) from early on...from the beginning. They were all alive at the time, I believe.

Dr.Teufel Geist

If it was true, why haven't I heard about it, There were 2 cases, one, where a man said he was hired to play Bigfoot in Patterson's film,
although he did not come to public for 30 years, afraid no one would believe him.
Then there was a woman who claimed the very same thing, and also waited for a long period of time, before coming out with her story.
My point is everyone at one time or another has tried to jump on the bandwagon and claim they are the person in the Bigfoot costume.
I say they are full 100% grade A Bulldung, I've seen the Film many times, and I know some crypto-zoo-ologists who have seen the film
and staked their careers on it, that it is not faked.

Fester

Quote from: Creature Features on July 04, 2009, 09:42:04 AM
And although i couldnt find a copy with sound,  i particularly love the fact that the horse Mr. Patterson was on was completely freaking out while he was filming. (remember; Sasquatch have notoriously bad smells....kind of like my father in law!)
I sincerely doubt you will find a sound copy of the film.  Patterson was using a Cine-Kodak K-100 model camera.  You could do a lot of things with one of those windup babies, but film in sound was not one of them.

Unknown Primate

The Chambers deal was started by John Landis.  Chambers (who passed away on Aug. 25 2001) was interviewed Oct. 26, 1997 and denied having anything to do with creating a "suit".  He stated that he was good, but not that good, to have fashioned anything as realistic as the Bluff Creek Bigfoot.  He blamed it on the Hollywood Rumor Mill.  Plus, I believe there have been at least five people who claimed they were in the "suit".  That's just the ones who garnered some attention because of their claims.  No telling how many others have claimed to be "Patty".  The attempted recreations of the footage have been pretty hilarious.  Of course, to be fair, many people believe the Patterson film itself is pretty hilarious.

And you are correct, Doc...  A huge unknown primate, though very elusive, has been seen several times in Lafayette, Indiana. 
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

raycastile

The Chambers connection has been debunked time and again.  The latest person to try to take credit for the Patterson suit was Philip Morris, of Morris Costumes fame.  Morris is a good showman and colorful raconteur, but those qualities undermine his veracity on matters such as this.
Raymond Castile

Getter_1

Did you guys ever see the special about bigfoot about 10 years ago (I hope I didn't miss it reading thru the last few posts)?  There was a guy that worked for the company that sold the film and his gait (walk) was EXACTLY like "bigfoots".  They also said that the company would sell wildlife films to schools and make them buy the bigfoot footage. 

I wish I could remember the name of the "documentary".  I know FOX is not exactly known for their investigative journalism but that guys walk was EXACTLY the same as "Bigfoot".

Also, I'm not saying I don't believe in Bigfoot.  Just that I think that footage is a hoax. 

Monster Bob

Quote from: Unknown Primate on July 05, 2009, 01:54:36 AM
The attempted recreations of the footage have been pretty hilarious.  Of course, to be fair, many people believe the Patterson film itself is pretty hilarious.

I know a dude whose body is not only identical to "Bigfoot's" in the Patterson film, but walks just like that, too. Well, maybe a more exaggerated walk than that. A little yak hair glued in the right places and- no costume needed!

I always thought the bottoms of the feet looked flat and phony in the film.

Fester

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

And there is no hard, fraud-resistant proof as yet. if they exist, why hasn't someone killed and brought in one?  Shaky footage created by someone out to make a name for himself is not unimpeachable.
Plaster casts of foot prints are not 100% fake-proof.  
The rationalization that this is some gigantopithecus remnant is doubtful.  Gigiantopithecus was built like and most likely moved like a gorilla --not fully bipedal.

The fact that Patterson writes (and I use the term loosely) a book about Bigfoot and a year later goes out and becomes the only person to successfully film one in action seems a little suspect.

Unknown Primate

Quote from: Monster Bob on July 04, 2009, 09:05:58 PM

1995 was when Burns said it to me-at his house, and implied that it was known in the industry (Chambers involvement) from early on...from the beginning. They were all alive at the time, I believe.

BTW, I absolutely don't believe Bob Burns would purposely lie about this.  He is awesome and a hero of mine - heck, he's King Of The Gorillas!  Would love to meet him someday, gorilla to gorilla!

Oh, and Getter_1, the guy you're talking about walking like the figure in the film is Bob Heironimus.  Some believe him and some have supposedly debunked him.  There are plenty of comparisons on YouTube.

Getter_1

Thanks for the name, Unknown Primate.  I'll check it out.

By the way, and this is slightly off topic but do you guys ever watch Monster Quest?  I find myself getting roped into watching and by the time it's over I'm so pissed off because they never seem to find anything. lol.

Dr.Teufel Geist

Quote from: Fester on July 05, 2009, 01:46:06 PM
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

And there is no hard, fraud-resistant proof as yet. if they exist, why hasn't someone killed and brought in one?  Shaky footage created by someone out to make a name for himself is not unimpeachable.
Plaster casts of foot prints are not 100% fake-proof.  
The rationalization that this is some gigantopithecus remnant is doubtful.  Gigiantopithecus was built like and most likely moved like a gorilla --not fully bipedal.

The fact that Patterson writes (and I use the term loosely) a book about Bigfoot and a year later goes out and becomes the only person to successfully film one in action seems a little suspect.

You want proof that they exist, well I want proof that they dont exist, and taking someone's word that they dont exist isnt proof.
How the heck do you know what Gigantopithecus moved liked, you werent around when they were.

Thats like saying the T-Rex can only move this way and that, but you dont know, cause you werent there

Dr.Teufel Geist

Quote from: Getter_1 on July 05, 2009, 04:06:55 PM
Thanks for the name, Unknown Primate.  I'll check it out.

By the way, and this is slightly off topic but do you guys ever watch Monster Quest?  I find myself getting roped into watching and by the time it's over I'm so pissed off because they never seem to find anything. lol.

Yeah, I watch Monsterquest, but like you said there never have pure 100% proof on anything.
I also watch Destination Truth with Josh Gates, it's an interesting show.

Fester

The burden of proof is on the claimant.  Anyone making a claim of fact must be able to back it with proof. Without actual tangible evidence all you have is supposition and wishful thinking.

As regards the gigantopithicus locomotion issue. I did not say I personally knew how they walked.  I am old, but not that old. :P   However, I did study anthropology and paleontology in college. I knew Grover Krantz from my days as a grad student at WSU.  One can infer a lot of information from fossil evidence including gender, age, locomotion, diet, and cause of death.  It works easier with fresh remains (see any CSI TV shows) but it is still possible with older remains.

Yes cause of death is possible with fossils. I once was on a dig where we found an embedded spearpoint in the chest cavity of an extinct species of bison.  I did not see the killing, but the evidence made death by Clovis point fairly reasonable. ;D

http://www.uiowa.edu/~bioanth/giganto.html

http://johnhawks.net/weblog/fossils/apes/gigantopithecus/gigantopithecus_diet.html

http://www.wynja.com/arch/gigantopithecus.html

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/gigantopithecus--_the_jury-rig.html

http://www.skepdic.com/bigfoot.html

http://www.skepdic.com/pseudosc.html

As far as taking someone's word.  I'm adding a list of documentation for you to peruse.  Enjoy!

Now back to the important stuff in life: Monsters! ;)

Unknown Primate

One more thing (in my best Columbo voice)...  My interest in unknown ape-like creatures, sasquatch, yeti, yowie, etc. all came from my love of MONSTERS!  I was a die-hard monster kid by the time I was 6.   When I read the article in The Family Weekly Sunday newspaper supplement, about the Patterson/Gimlin film footage of a real-live MONSTER, I was estatic.  It was 1968 and I was 12 years old.  So, yeah, the possibility of a real life monster was inspiring to me.  Of course, if the thing is ever proven to exist, I'm sure it would turn out to be just another animal and not the ferocious creature I imagined it to be (which is still cool).  It is interesting that 200,000 western lowland gorillas were discovered just last year in the Northern Republic of The Congo.  It was previously thought that only fifty thousand were in the area.  It took a two year expedition to find them!  

My personal version of bigfoot is still that of a giant creepy ape-like beast man, straight out of the shadowy world of MONSTERS!

Scatter

Quote from: Unknown Primate on July 05, 2009, 05:36:12 PM

My personal version of bigfoot is still that of a giant creepy ape-like beast man, straight out of the shadowy world of MONSTERS!

Oddly enough, that coincides perfectly with my personal version of you.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html