im new looking for answers

Started by kissicons78, July 26, 2015, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Quote from: kissicons78 on July 28, 2015, 12:22:11 AM
-- does that clarify anything---?

Yeah, but don't feel obligated to explain anything just because of a bunch of jabber jawing from the peanut gallery.  :laugh:
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

kissicons78

lol-- its all good-- ;D just figured ppl were getting the wrong idea of the nature of the stuff and its origination or that its tainted goods--  I'm sure if anyone was at the sale that did know something about the merchandise that they wouldn't just walk away from the stuff-- at yard sale prices --

Spock

Quote from: kissicons78 on July 28, 2015, 12:41:37 AM
lol-- its all good-- ;D just figured ppl were getting the wrong idea of the nature of the stuff and its origination or that its tainted goods--  I'm sure if anyone was at the sale that did know something about the merchandise that they wouldn't just walk away from the stuff-- at yard sale prices --

For me it's a case of he has bought quite a few figures and I was wondering was he one of my personal customers. Just interested is all

Anton Phibes

Theres nothing wrong with being curious about it. Its not as if we are all going with stakes and pitchforks and vials of holy water to storm the castle. Or going off to throw rocks through the Myers house windows. When one hears of someone misbehaving in an arena where we have similar interests....its disconcerting.

Much the way fans of Star Trek felt when Barbara Adams showed up in full Star Trek regalia.... for jury duty, or Nichelle Nichols's brother joined the heaven's gate cult and self terminated.

It gives a negative impression of folks that are into the hobby. A stereotype of sorts, I suppose. It makes you want to go "Dracula---? I never even heard the name before". ;) A quote I am sure everyone here is very familiar with.

If folks werent a tad "rubber necky" we wouldnt even have an evening news cycle. Human nature. :'(

Wolfman

Maybe the crime came after the sale. In other words, the sale is the crime. They arrested him/her for selling these great figures dirt cheap. 10 years hard labor sounds about right.

JP

the_horror_man

Quote from: Wolfman on July 28, 2015, 07:52:20 AM
Maybe the crime came after the sale. In other words, the sale is the crime. They arrested him/her for selling these great figures dirt cheap. 10 years hard labor sounds about right.

JP

Good one. ;D

thm

Mord

Quote from: Wolfman on July 28, 2015, 07:52:20 AM

JP
Now I understand. The people selling these on E-Bay for hundreds of dollars are only trying to avoid arrest. Poor, scared souls.

Wolfman

Quote from: Mord on July 28, 2015, 12:25:02 PM
Now I understand. The people selling these on E-Bay for hundreds of dollars are only trying to avoid arrest. Poor, scared souls.
They're the next group to be put in handcuffs. The winds of investigation are blowing. Whether you sell these figures for $10 or $100 you're damned to be brought to trial. Keep 'em all or pay the price!

JP

Mord

Quote from: Wolfman on July 28, 2015, 12:52:54 PM
They're the next group to be put in handcuffs. The winds of investigation are blowing. Whether you sell these figures for $10 or $100 you're damned to be brought to trial. Keep 'em all or pay the price!

JP
Talk about "scared straight", I'm keepin' mine.

Anton Phibes

I guess I am going to be on John Walsh's next televised special after having sold my Pennywise. But i did do well on it. Helped me make a mortgage payment. :angel:

kissicons78

at least the figures/ and the collectibles should go to people who abide by the rules of life and proper conduct --- and have the freedom to have the hobbies we all choose to be a part of...  which tends to be a big part of who we are and what we do to keep things enjoyable for us-- cuz life is a bitch-!

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 28, 2015, 01:16:02 PM
I guess I am going to be on John Walsh's next televised special after having sold my Pennywise. But i did do well on it. Helped me make a mortgage payment. :angel:
It's already in the works (as well as a segment on "60 Minutes"). Shoulda thought twice about that move, Capone.

Mcdee

Anyone have a link to this auction I can't find it anywhere on ebay ?
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

kissicons78

Quote from: Mcdee on July 29, 2015, 12:29:03 AM
Mcdee

just search seller--    kissicons2

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mcdee on July 29, 2015, 12:29:03 AM
Mcdee

Check the Classifieds.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website