THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on June 03, 2019, 10:49:08 AM
Phenomenal job on the paints for Blood Beast, Richard!  You really outdid yourself on this one!  Love the figure in what promises to be a very cool wave for the hardcore horror fan.

Martin gave me an "atta boy" on this one, so he liked it too. Petro is more up my collecting alley, but I love painting gooey icky monstery looking monsters. Like B's and Foreign.  I did this custom for the Tombs of Blind Dead years ago. My skills have improved somewhat. Martin has told me that when he does a Tombs figure, I can paint the release. So pretty happy. Not a fan of the films....but the monsters are creepy.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 03, 2019, 09:38:29 AM
"Strange, Bloody, Mad, Monstrous" reveals today. Love them both. I worked my backside off on painting that Beast of Blood.  I hope fans of the film like him.

Great work Anton as ever and I can see you went the extra mile on the Beast so I'm hoping these will be a big hit also. this month I'm not familiar with these releases which gives me something watch but I like the fact that Martin is restricting the numbers now to help out with the ebay scalpers. It's always annoying to see these figures get put onto eBay as soon as they're released for an inflated price when for the most part I know there are real fans out there who will miss out, it seems so unfair.

Well done for doing this Martin and also for all the work that went into these releases. I know I won't be able to sleep on anything I want but it's worth it if it keeps them in collectors hands.  :D

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

I've long been a fan of the creepy Templar Knights, and I believe a DD version of these guys would be fantastic!  I'm sure you'll do a tremendous job on these, Richard! 

Anton Phibes

I have been given some information regarding the tv terrors and foreign horrors wave that  will curl toes. Coming by the end of the year. Wowzers. Just wowzers. Stay tuned.

teemu

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 03, 2019, 05:55:53 PM
I have been given some information regarding the tv terrors and foreign horrors wave that  will curl toes. Coming by the end of the year. Wowzers. Just wowzers. Stay tuned.

The one coming in September is a HUGE one! An 80's cult movie that I have been bugging Martin to do for a couple years now. "They ain't gonna get me, that's for sure!"

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: teemu on June 04, 2019, 10:58:35 AM
The one coming in September is a HUGE one! An 80's cult movie that I have been bugging Martin to do for a couple years now. "They ain't gonna get me, that's for sure!"
Goonies? (Hot, Warm or Cold?)

Count_Zirock

https://youtu.be/WKeYa5d8IkQ
So, how many folks know that before he won an Oscar for playing Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood," that Martin Landau toured in a 1984 revival of Edward Gorey's "Dracula"? He'd make a great figure!
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Anton Phibes

Joseph_Baeza

My final guess until we get more clues: Toxic Avenger?

darkmonkeygod

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

I saw a DD sculpt today that almost made me break out into those wild and crazy naked Snoopy dances I talk about from time to time,lol. Gonna be a good year for DD entries at my house.

Palifan

Looks like July 1st is the next drop date and I was wondering if there's any hints this month per chance?  ;)

Ian

Anton Phibes

hmmnnn...I dunno which fine general hints I can give that won't seem invasive to the body of the UMA this month. Lemme sleep on it.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on June 21, 2019, 09:57:12 PM
hmmnnn...I dunno which fine general hints I can give that won't seem invasive to the body of the UMA this month. Lemme sleep on it.

Witchfinder General and Invasion of the Body Snatchers ,(although I'm not sure if it would be the original or Donald Sutherland remake)?

Close or way off?  :D

Ian

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Palifan on June 21, 2019, 11:58:06 PM
Witchfinder General and Invasion of the Body Snatchers ,(although I'm not sure if it would be the original or Donald Sutherland remake)?

Close or way off?  :D

Ian

hmmmmmmmnnnnn....could be. :angel: