Wayward Pines

Started by geezer butler, June 01, 2015, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

Just binge watched the first three episodes. I think it's pretty good. I would say it has Hitchcock and Twilight Zone influence. The idea of living in a surveillance society is always pretty terrifying IMO. Overall this is one-time 10 episode thing I believe.

*Spoiler: Seems like there is some kind of monster angle coming up too and I didn't see that coming. I'm not familiar with the books, so I have no idea how this turns out.

Phantom Stranger

The show reminds me of the classic' 60's series 'The Prisoner' with some  'Twin Peaks' throw in for good measure. So far the show has proven to be very entertaining.

Haunted hearse

Another show I like in a similar vein, is "Gravity Falls".  It's on the Disney channel, and for kids, but I find it very entertaining, as I do "Wayward Pines".
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Mord

Quote from: Phantom Stranger on June 01, 2015, 03:10:14 PM
The show reminds me of the classic' 60's series 'The Prisoner' with some  'Twin Peaks' throw in for good measure. So far the show has proven to be very entertaining.
Exactly what I was thinking. Those two iconic shows are all over this. Pretty cool show so far. Binge watching is the only way this will make sense (maybe). I'm glad that there's a defined ending, unlike most shows today(...are you listening, Bates Motel?).

the_horror_man

Really like Wayward Pines. In my opinion, as far as new shows go. Wayward Pines and the Netflix original series Daredevil are probably the 2 best new shows.

thm

Mike Scott

I've been watching since the beginning and think it's a lot of fun! Sometimes the show doesn't seem to make sense, but then later it's all explained. I just don't know how they're going to wrap it all up in a couple more episodes? On the other hand, how much farther can you take the premise? Still, I'd like to see another season!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 08, 2015, 11:57:18 PM
I've been watching since the beginning and think it's a lot of fun! Sometimes the show doesn't seem to make sense, but then later it's all explained. I just don't know how they're going to wrap it all up in a couple more episodes? On the other hand, how much farther can you take the premise? Still, I'd like to see another season!
No! "Under the Dome" has reached it's 3rd season & it's a load of crap. Not that it was ever as well thought out as WP, but desperation sets in after one season of a show like this. That's what made "The Prisoner" such a great show. One great season...done!

Wicked Lester

Been watching from the start. Great show. I'll pick it up when it eventually comes out on DVD to do a weekend marathon. And after last nights episode well...let the games begin.

Mike Scott

Why doesn't the sheriff ask his ex partner how it is that she has been in WP for 12 years, but his son is the same age when she last saw him (assuming she knew of his son back then).
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 10, 2015, 12:17:48 PM
Why doesn't the sheriff ask his ex partner how it is that she has been in WP for 12 years, but his son is the same age when she last saw him (assuming she knew of his son back then).
I don't want to think about these things because it will cause my mind to explode. I try to watch these shows/movies that have a time warp element with as little thought as possible. One tiny thread pulled from the tapestry could make the who show fall apart in my head. I should probably stick with more mindless fare like MTV's Scream series.

Mike Scott

I'm just sayin', that she doesn't believe that they've been asleep for a long time, so if she was awoken 12 years ago and his family was just woken, that would explain why she is 12 years older than she should be in relation to his family. Tell her to explain it some other way!
CREATURE FAN

MoreGore

LOVE this show, I hope it gets renewed

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 11, 2015, 03:12:56 PM
I'm just sayin', that she doesn't believe that they've been asleep for a long time, so if she was awoken 12 years ago and his family was just woken, that would explain why she is 12 years older than she should be in relation to his family. Tell her to explain it some other way!
I know what you mean. Maybe they'll explain in the last two episodes. If not, great show anyway.

MoreGore

Quote from: Mord on July 11, 2015, 11:34:12 PM
I know what you mean. Maybe they'll explain in the last two episodes. If not, great show anyway.

This and the Zombie creature outbreak that was teased might be able to keep this show going

Mord

Quote from: MoreGore on July 20, 2015, 01:15:06 PM
This and the Zombie creature outbreak that was teased might be able to keep this show going
I thought it was supposed to be a one season "event"? I wouldn't mind if it went a little longer. It's better than most shows on now.