Creature Double Feature in Philadelphia

Started by Superrobot74, December 06, 2017, 12:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superrobot74

Does anyone remember Creature Double Feature as it aired in Philadelphia through the 80's? It must have been either channels 48 or 29, definitely not 17. Any info, website, or video of the opening sequence would be a blast, can't seem to find anything myself. Thanks all!

Sean

Quote from: Superrobot74 on December 06, 2017, 12:52:56 PM
Does anyone remember Creature Double Feature as it aired in Philadelphia through the 80's? It must have been either channels 48 or 29, definitely not 17. Any info, website, or video of the opening sequence would be a blast, can't seem to find anything myself. Thanks all!

Channel 48 had the hand coming out of the grave to clear vines off the headstone, revealing the inscription: "Creature Double Feature".  You mean that one?

skully

I remember Creature double feature.  Does anyone else remember "Stella" from Saturday Night Dead", or how about "Uncle Teds Ghoul School"??

ChristineBCW

As someone mentioned in the "remembering Philly Thanksgiving" thread, "We are missing hosts on movies."  And how.  We need more stations to deliver those hosts, and in mid-movie, too, at commercial breaks.  John Candy's gone.  But Joe Flaherty's in LA somewhere... in his '70s... get him the widows-peak wig, the cape and let him go wild... Monster Chiller Horror Theater...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQ8qSEVFo0

Sean

Quote from: skully on December 06, 2017, 07:24:45 PM
I remember Creature double feature.  Does anyone else remember "Stella" from Saturday Night Dead", or how about "Uncle Teds Ghoul School"??

I have fond memories of Saturday Night Dead.  Went to school where we got Philly stations in the mid-late 80s.😎

hhwolfman

Sean