Here's The Trailer For NBC's Dracula Series & Coming this fall

Started by emazers, May 13, 2013, 07:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

Still not impressed. The guy playing Dracula is just so bland and uninteresting. A pretty-boy, even with fangs and covered in blood. I don't sense any menace or ferocity from him.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Fester

Of course, this is coming from NBC.
The same network that is "re-imagining" the old Raymond Burr series Ironside.
And moving it to New York and casting Blair Underwood to play the title character. ::)

Hopefully, this Dracula series won't be too bad. 
Downton Abbey is a pretty good series, albeit slow.
Great sets, good costumes and props, and reasonably historically accurate.
So I am expecting episodes that are visually interesting combined with snail-race pacing.
The Network only greenlighted ten episodes, of which, apparently six are completed.
If VanHelsing kills him off before episode ten, there might be hope for the series.

Count_Zirock

Couldn't Van Helsing just kill him offscreen prior to episode one? :P

Fester

Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 22, 2013, 06:12:47 AM
Couldn't Van Helsing just kill him offscreen prior to episode one? :P

Great idea.  Except they'd probably inflict six to ten prequel and/or backstory episodes on us. :P

Now, maybe if VanHelsing drove a stake through the producers . . . ::)

LP_Quagmire

Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 22, 2013, 01:48:01 AM
Still not impressed. The guy playing Dracula is just so bland and uninteresting.

If his Dracula is as bad as his Elvis, the show could turn out to be the comedy hit of the year!  ;D

Elvis: '68 Comeback (1968) VS Elvis. The Early Years (2005)
"From thy wedding with the creature who touches Heaven, lady God preserve thee..." -- Jeff Bridges in KING KONG

Fester

I think you may have a point LP!

After all he did for Henry VIII in The Tudors His version of Dracula could be pretty bizarre.

Here he is Henry VIII at 5'10" and maybe 170 lbs and a 30" waist.

Here is the man he was portraying. 6'3"  350 lbs--his last suit had a 54 inch waist-- and an estimated BMI of 42 (30 is obese)

Is it just me, or does he always look like he was carved from a piece of wood.

Mord

Count_Zirock

When did Elvis turn into Joe Cocker?

Actually, young Henry VIII was very athletic. He wasn't obese until several injuries limited his abilities to walk and play sports. Like a lot of former athletes, once you stop being active, muscles turns to fat very quickly. And, when you're still consuming lots of calories, but not burning it off, that'll pile on even more weight. That's basically what happened to him.

Fester

Yes, the young Henry was quite the athelete.   And he was very strong and active until he was severely injured in a jousting accident in 1536. 

However, The Tudors series ended in 1547. By that time the Real Henry VIII was physically incapacitated by obesity, ulcerating wounds in his legs, and probably, Type II Diabetes.

In the Showtime version, he was still fairly slim and mobile up to the end.  But as the Tudors' creator Michael Hirst said, "Showtime commissioned me to write an entertainment, a soap opera, and not history ... And we wanted people to watch it."

Scatter

Quote from: LP_Quagmire on July 22, 2013, 10:45:50 AM

If his Dracula is as bad as his Elvis, the show could turn out to be the comedy hit of the year!  ;D

Elvis: '68 Comeback (1968) VS Elvis. The Early Years (2005)

Yeah, this guy flat out SUCKS in a Keanu-type way. His spastic take on Elvis was an embarrassment. Based on this alone, my hopes are extremely low.

BTW.............crap like this simply underlines the brilliance of Elvis.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 22, 2013, 06:52:28 PM
When did Elvis turn into Joe Cocker?

Almost fell off my chair laughing at that............cuz it's true.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Fester on July 22, 2013, 08:53:39 PM
Yes, the young Henry was quite the athelete.   And he was very strong and active until he was severely injured in a jousting accident in 1536. 

However, The Tudors series ended in 1547. By that time the Real Henry VIII was physically incapacitated by obesity, ulcerating wounds in his legs, and probably, Type II Diabetes.

In the Showtime version, he was still fairly slim and mobile up to the end.  But as the Tudors' creator Michael Hirst said, "Showtime commissioned me to write an entertainment, a soap opera, and not history ... And we wanted people to watch it."
And, those Rick Baker fat suits are zombie censored expensive!

zombiehorror