Post an Image of a Favourite Monster or Sci-Fi Collectible!

Started by Hepcat, May 13, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Here are a couple good pictures I lifted from the net of the wild cool Friendly Folk of Gruesome Mansion made by Steven Manufacturing Co. in 1973:

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on December 31, 2018, 10:43:29 AM
Here are a couple good pictures I lifted from the net of the wild cool Friendly Folk of Gruesome Mansion made by Steven Manufacturing Co. in 1973:

8)

I never witnessed the awesomeness of this item, until today. Is this toy rare?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Monolith

Here's a photo of my Colorforms Outer Space Men. Four of them I bought in 1968, or so when they came out. The other three  I bought over more recent years to complete my collection.

Colorforms Outer Space Men (1968) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Hepcat

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on January 01, 2019, 07:25:10 PM
Those Outer Space Men are wild cool!

I like the MAN FROM PLANET X one! What do these things go for?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

Monolith

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 01, 2019, 11:02:51 PM
Yikes! Never mind.

You must've looked on E-bay. In good condition with his helmet and gun they're usually more than $200. There's a company called Four Horsemen that made smaller plastic versions of them in the past few years, but even those are around $60 and up. The one you like is called Electron. Here's another shot of my Electron.

The Outer Space Men - Electron + (Colorforms 1968) by donald deveau, on Flickr

Monolith

Quote from: Hepcat on January 01, 2019, 07:25:10 PM
Those Outer Space Men are wild cool!

8)

Thanks. I like them a lot, especially because some of them I've had since I was a kid. Here's a photo I took of some of them back in 1972. I wish I still had that rubber dragon jiggler in the photo, too. I think it's a Russ Berrie. I don't remember what happened to it, but it disappeared over the years.

Colorforms Outer Space Men Photo I took in 1972 by donald deveau, on Flickr

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monolith on January 02, 2019, 12:05:36 AM
There's a company called Four Horsemen that made smaller plastic versions of them in the past few years, but even those are around $60 and up.

$20 and I'd go for it!  ;D
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

Quote from: Monolith on January 02, 2019, 12:10:34 AMHere's a photo I took of some of them back in 1972.

Do you still bury your Outer Space men in the garden on occasion, at least for old times' sake?

???

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Monolith on January 01, 2019, 05:15:14 PM
Here's a photo of my Colorforms Outer Space Men. Four of them I bought in 1968, or so when they came out. The other three  I bought over more recent years to complete my collection.

Colorforms Outer Space Men (1968) by donald deveau, on Flickr
I had three of those COLORFORMS OUTERSPACE MEN about 50 years ago... I remember buying the Man from Mars on the card out of a bargain bin and think I paid a whopping 50 cents!!!  I later lost all of them, then built a collection of the ones I could find, but now only have Electron +, the replacement for the one I had so long ago. 
If you want to view Paradise, simply look around and view it.

Monolith

Quote from: Mike Scott on January 02, 2019, 12:42:54 AM
$20 and I'd go for it!  ;D

That's about what their original retail price was when they came out. I bought a few of them. They've gone up in price now.

Monolith

Quote from: Hepcat on January 02, 2019, 10:13:31 AM
Do you still bury your Outer Space men in the garden on occasion, at least for old times' sake?

???

No. I haven't done that in a long, long, time. I remember I buried their legs because I couldn't get them to stand up in the dirt for the photo.