Some Imagineering goodies I found...

Started by neonnoodle, April 13, 2008, 12:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neonnoodle

There is a seller on Ebay who's got a little handful of Imagineering stuff at what I would call fairly reasonable Buy It Now prices...they're listed here in this Imagineering search...

http://search.stores.ebay.com/oldtoystoreusa_imagineering_W0QQfciZ6QQfclZ4QQfsnZoldtoystoreusaQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsaselZ11574163QQsofpZ0

A couple of pieces I thought were unusually nice and reasonable are the Scar Stuf units circa 1971 with the earlier, more durable injection-molded containers (before they went with cheaper, flimsy vacuform containers)....and, the Vampire Blood tubes circa 1971, with the nozzle tip with cap.  I have seen these same items go for a lot more in bidding frenzies, so I thought it might be good to post this.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Toy Ranch

Hey, thanks!  I've been wanting some vampire blood for a long time but wasn't willing to pay $100 for a freaking tube of it.  He has quantities of a lot of that stuff, which is great!

Roback

I've been in contact with this seller over the past week. His prices are very reasonable and the conditions case fresh, plus he combines shipping which is helpful. You hit it right on the head Bobby, forget paying $100.00 for a tube of blood but 20 bucks, yea, that sounds about right.
Before i forget, I wanted to share this packaging variation that I found interesting. It has to do with the Imagineering Evil Teeth packaging. As if thousands of Mego packagings weren't enough.

Robert Acquarulo

Toy Ranch

That's a really cool package Rob, and a very early date.  I didn't know they were making stuff all the way back in 1965.

Roback

Isn't though? A very colorful package. I was unaware that they dated that far back too. I noticed that you snagged a few from that seller, I did too. Couldn't resist Evil Teeth and another Scar Stuf!  ::)
My two 10 year old nieces came over today and I showed them a number of these novelty items, Scar Stuff and Glow Goop to be exact. A hazy look came over their eyes while inspecting them. Needless to say, it wasn't the reaction that I was looking for but then again, kids of today are way different than us 70's kids. But alas, I still had a couple of more tricks up my sleeves to get them to smile, namely Battling Tops and Rock Em' Sock Em' Robots. A few games of each and the smiles were there. With this being said, I'm really grateful to have grown up when I did and lucky to have parents who were so thoughtful and cool. As an uncle, I'm simply trying to pass along what was so freely given to me. It was just a great time to be a kid back in the 70's and I want them to know that there's much more to play with than video games or Bratz. uuugh
Robert Acquarulo

Toy Ranch

I think I played with those Battling Tops until the plastic turned to dust from use.  :D

poseablemonster

Oh, yeah...battling tops was my favorite!  My uncle and I played that all the time.  I'll never forget the sound that the tops made whizzing around, smacking in to each other. 

raycastile

I bought a pair of carded Evil Teeth from him a couple days ago.  I've seen the Evil Teeth sell in the $75-$100 range many times, so $9.99 is a pretty good price!  The bagged teeth seem to be more common than the carded version, even though the bag version is older.
Raymond Castile

Roback

Quote from: Toy Ranch on April 13, 2008, 10:53:31 PM
I think I played with those Battling Tops until the plastic turned to dust from use.  :D

I remember this toy from my brother who is four years my elder. He mentioned it a few weeks ago, jogged my memory and I searched eBay to purchase one. We had a blast playing with this today. You can really gets those babies spinning and the kids naturally loved them! :D

Robert Acquarulo

Toy Ranch

Yeah, that was one of my favorite games ever.  Really a blast to play with...

neonnoodle

I only posted this on this board because they guy didn't have THAT many and I figured the really ravenous among us here would snap them up.  And it looks like a lot of stuff got snapped up...I grabbed a couple of things myself.  A 1971 Scar Stuf for $10?  I paid several times that amount for one of those, at one point, because four other bidders wanted it too.  They switched to the vacuform containers not too long after that, so these durable containers are the rarest version.
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Roback

Quote from: neonnoodle on April 14, 2008, 02:58:38 AM
I only posted this on this board because they guy didn't have THAT many and I figured the really ravenous among us here would snap them up.  And it looks like a lot of stuff got snapped up...I grabbed a couple of things myself.  A 1971 Scar Stuf for $10?  I paid several times that amount for one of those, at one point, because four other bidders wanted it too.  They switched to the vacuform containers not too long after that, so these durable containers are the rarest version.

I saw an auction just a couple of weeks ago for a carded Scar Stuf with a $70.00 Buy It Now! Yep, $10.00, sounds about right to me.
Robert Acquarulo

Toy Ranch

I worked a deal with the seller for most of the remainder of his Vampire Blood.  I'll be able to offer it to UMA members at a little better price very soon.... 

poseablemonster

Roback

Bobby, if you can, please put me down for a tube. I appreciate it.
Robert Acquarulo