THE 2017 DD CAFE MENU.

Started by Sir Spooks-A-Lot, March 02, 2017, 02:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 25, 2017, 03:40:40 PM
Well, Transylvania equates to vampires. The Vermont mugger's missing fingers clue tells me who's doing all that howling about town,lol.  Two that are definitely going in my line up. Great news and great hints! ;)
I'm hoping that vampire looks like John Carradine and is a foot long! I'm drawing a major blank on the mugger with missing fingers.

1/6thtoyz

I'm dying for some foot longs?🍽

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 26, 2017, 10:20:50 PM
I'm drawing a major blank on the mugger with missing fingers.

Really? Huh. I thought he gave that one away. But I just re-watched the flick about 2 months ago so thats probably why its fresh in my mind,lol.

Palifan

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 26, 2017, 10:34:57 PM
Really? Huh. I thought he gave that one away. But I just re-watched the flick about 2 months ago so thats probably why its fresh in my mind,lol.

I'm thinking that was is a slightly hairier horny little devil but have no idea about the other.

Ian

Anton Phibes

The mugger clue is Wolf to be sure. 1994. Only movie involving a werewolf where a mugger gets his diigts bit off.

The Transylvania clue is vampiric obviously. But that one could be anyone....or anything.  Perhaps the long lost Radu from the Vampire wave? Or a footlong Carradine? or the start of something new altogether? Oh the excitement when it comes to vampires. Just as long as they don't sparkle....I'm in,lol.

Palifan

I also have a soft spot for Vampires and am right at the end of watching the 1979 Dracula film with Frank Langella. I haven't seen it before but really like it with a whole load of UK actors in it that I remember growing up watching them on various sitcoms and comedy shows through the late 70's/early 80's. The set design and camera work is particularly good and feels like it's on location even if it is set work (haven't looked into it yet to find out the history on it).

Anyway, any Vampire is a good Vampire in my book.....even Grace Jones!

Ian

Anton Phibes

The BBC Jourdan Dracula is really a good film too Ian.

Palifan

Great, another for me to check out!

Ian

Joseph_Baeza

And let's not forget the outstanding Jack Palance version of DRACULA!

Palifan

Another one for the list, thanks!

Ian

Anton Phibes

If you like Dan Curtis productions, Dracula is great! Palance is excellent in it and it has a lot of Dark Shadows atmosphere to it, including a great Robert Cobert score.

If you can get a bootleg of it, Norliss tapes is excellent. Very Kolchaky. Not a traditional vampire per se, but a good little undead flick.

Palifan

All great suggestions and I'm wondering if any of these vampires will end up being next months DD release, not long now!

Ian

Anton Phibes

Vampires seem to have the most staying power in the genre. Dracula has been done a zillion times. Then there are the variations. Kolchak...Night Stalker and Night Strangler are both technically vampires of a sort. Then he fought a vampire in the weekly tv series also. I think there are probably more vampires than werewolves or Mummies even.

zombie82

I would like a Carlos VillarĂ­as Dracula to be made one day