Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

New little 2 player card game about ghosts for the monster game shelf.  Cards are much smaller than I expected, but nice quality. 

Got this one on sale.  Apparently it's based on a mobile game?  I bought it because the little wooden cubes that represent zombies in the game had little zombie faces on them, and I liked it.  No idea if the game will be good or not.  Hope so!

TheMadScientist

Quote from: comixzombie on March 10, 2022, 08:46:13 PM
The height difference was something I definitely noticed. Even with the boots, they do differ pretty drastically in height. I think they fudged the heights despite the actor, which I'm honestly fine with. If they make other Frankensteins with the different actors, I'd kinda prefer if they were the same height.

Yeah, I kinda like that the Frankenstein figure is the largest and most physically imposing of them. If we're going for realism regarding the actors' heights, Wolfman should be taller than both (which I wouldn't want). But I get the point about it being a little odd Mummy is so much smaller, since Karloff played them both, even if I'm fine with it.

Mike Scott

The Jada G-I-T-D Creature came yesterday. Today I got this 5" plush made by Toy Factory. It looks exactly like the 10" one that came out about 3 yrs ago.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 30, 2022, 09:28:51 PM
The Jada G-I-T-D Creature came yesterday. Today I got this 5" plush made by Toy Factory. It looks exactly like the 10" one that came out about 3 yrs ago.

I have not ordered or purchased a GLOW version only the standard Creech. How rad does the Greenman look in glow goodness?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 30, 2022, 09:56:18 PM
I have not ordered or purchased a GLOW version only the standard Creech. How rad does the Greenman look in glow goodness?

I haven't juiced mine up, yet, but here's a pic from eBay.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 30, 2022, 11:23:58 PM
I haven't juiced mine up, yet, but here's a pic from eBay.

COOL!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lazarus

The sticker also being GitD is a fun touch.

Lazarus

More for the monster game shelf!  This is the inaugural release from Trick or Treat Studios new game division (which I plan on getting more of as time goes on), and I thought it would be worth a look.  This came home with me last night, so I haven't even had the chance to open it yet.  I will say that if I didn't get this at work, where I get a discount, I probably would have skipped it, as it retails for $70, seems to be just a board, cards and cardboard tokens with a few player screens, and it's the first game from this designer.  So it's a gamble.  We'll see how it goes.

Got this one last week.  Based on the Vampire the Masquerade RPG universe and seminal 90's goth pastime, this is a card game about each players clans vying for control of the city.  Much cheaper than Blood Orders was, despite this actually having an IP attached to it.  Hope it's good!

Count Zachula

Yesterday was my birthday and as usual, my girl knows exactly what to get me! The Bike Buddy really tripped me out. I couldn't believe it!

Dr.Terror

Is Samjo still making those BBs?
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

marsattacks666

Happy B-Day, Count Zachula

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Count Zachula on April 16, 2022, 01:35:06 PM
Yesterday was my birthday and as usual, my girl knows exactly what to get me! The Bike Buddy really tripped me out. I couldn't believe it! ... 

Looks like you have the right girl for a friend!
ADAM

Lazarus

One more for the monster game shelf!  Last game from me for a bit.  This month has been very expensive.

The legend of the Prague Golem is something I've always liked, and the 1910s-1920s German silent movies about the golem are a classic of early horror films and movie monsters.  How could I pass up a game on the subject?

Here's the blurb:  "The game is based on the 16th-century legend of the Golem of Prague, an anthropomorphic creature that Rabbi Loew animated from a clay statue to protect his people. In the game, players take on the role of rabbis who create and grow these powerful creatures that will be moved around the neighborhoods of Prague under the control of students. Be careful, because if a golem becomes too powerful, it will destroy everything it encounters on its way. Players can also kill their Golems in order to get bonuses."

It's not a cheap game, but the box is sizable, so I'm curious what it's going to look like once I get it opened up. 

Frankly, I'm just happy it's not another vampire game.  Too many of those.  I'm trying to find a game about a Mummy, but that doesn't appear to be a much used subject for games these days.

Buzzybean

Ordered these two 24x36 lithographs today; the Creature will glow in the dark.

Dr.Terror

Took me over 15 years to find a nice set of these.   I can finally toss out those Samjo repros😝

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!