Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 12, 2020, 11:17:45 PM
All you did was ask nicely? You must be a real charmer! I just wish they would get the toy in!

Haha I suppose I am... I'm just friendly and enthusiastic.  And as I've gotten older and more confident, I've become a firm believer in "They can't say 'No' if you don't ask."  It's worked out pretty well so far.

(Also, this was a notoriously bad Walmart, the employees genuinely can't care any less.)
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

marsattacks666

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on November 13, 2020, 10:34:41 AM
Haha I suppose I am... I'm just friendly and enthusiastic.  And as I've gotten older and more confident, I've become a firm believer in "They can't say 'No' if you don't ask."  It's worked out pretty well so far.

(Also, this was a notoriously bad Walmart, the employees genuinely can't care any less.)

Great score. I usually ask for the Halloween DVD display cards from Walmart, and the clerk(s) give them to me.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

horrorhunter

I bought these from Retro-a-go-go last month.

Fun House Devil Mini Monster:

18" Jointed Hanger (which was included with the Mini Monster):

Creature Crate Vinyl Sticker (4" across):

I like the Retro-a-go-go designs but the products are a little pricey. Also, I wish they offered the masks in standard size like Super 7 does. The big masks are too big to easily display and the Mini Monsters are too small for my taste (though the jointed hangers make the Mini Monsters a much more attractive purchase). Still, that Fun House Devil was too cool to pass on.  >:D
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 15, 2020, 11:16:04 AM
Creature Crate Vinyl Sticker (4" across):

I bought one of those, too.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on November 15, 2020, 01:41:56 PM
I bought one of those, too.
Too bad Aurora didn't give us a Creature's Crate along with Frankenstein's Flivver and the rest of those Monster Rods. Or, at least a more recent release by a company like Moebius or maybe Monarch.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on November 15, 2020, 04:16:37 PM
Too bad Aurora didn't give us a Creature's Crate along with Frankenstein's Flivver . . .

I've seen a couple of garage kits (or bashed kits), but that's as close as it get's.
CREATURE FAN

eviljim

Received the Halloween figure set today from Fright Rags. Very cool packaging.
Will open them and display when I figure out where they will be going!
Everybody needs to believe in something , I believe I'll have another beer!

BRICK

This new Walmart Exclusive Alien set. I repainted the first xenomorph from its original pearly white, to an oily, metallic green. For $20 you can't beat it!

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on November 18, 2020, 10:43:40 PM
I repainted the first xenomorph from its original pearly white

Looks much better! Great lookin' set  :)
CREATURE FAN

Palifan

Quote from: BRICK on November 18, 2020, 10:43:40 PM
This new Walmart Exclusive Alien set. I repainted the first xenomorph from its original pearly white, to an oily, metallic green. For $20 you can't beat it!

Great looking set and just wish we had that on sale over here in the UK.

Ian

BRICK

Quote from: Palifan on November 19, 2020, 02:13:21 AM
Great looking set and just wish we had that on sale over here in the UK.

Ian

I thought Walmart had invaded every corner of the globe!  ;D
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Palifan

Quote from: BRICK on November 19, 2020, 10:46:14 PM
I thought Walmart had invaded every corner of the globe!  ;D

No, not us yet although thinking about it they might own the Uk Asda chain so there might still be a hope of this turning up.

Ian

horrorhunter

Grabbed more Halloween decor from Target last month:

Also got a black shiny skull and some giant plastic flies. The big bugs are around 6" long and look cool amongst the monster stuff. I've loved those things since I was a kid (Creepy Crawlers!). I may use some of the big bugs in a custom playset at some point ('50s monster movie/Hamilton's Invaders big bug invasion themed).
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Lazarus

2 new titles for the monster game shelf:

Gremlins: Holiday Havoc

This one looks like a pretty light little reflex card game.  Goal is to have the most cards in your pile after 2 daylight cards are revealed.  You look out for matching pairs of gremlins and try to slap one of them, scoring them and any cards underneath them.  I doubt it's amazing, but it's only like $7.  From Funko Games.

Unmatched: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Another Unmatched set that's not quite as appropriate as the classic monster offerings from the Cobble & Fog release, but it's still horror, so It's worth a mention.  This set comes with 4 new fighters: Buffy, Angel, Spike, and Willow.  Each fighter comes with a sidekick in this set.  Spike comes with Drusilla, Angel comes with the anti-hero slayer Faith, Willow comes with her doomed lover Tara, and Buffy has the option of bringing her watcher Giles or her pal Xander to the fight.  I'm mostly getting this because my mom was a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie and then the show) and it was nice to get it because it reminded me of her, otherwise I might have skipped it as the show doesn't do much for me personally.  But as usual, the production value is top notch, the minis and art are excellent.  If you like Buffy and want a light game with 2-4 players, Unmatched is highly recommended.

Gojirafan

Went on a themed shopping spree:

Executive Replicas/TB League 1:6 Vampirella.

Dynamite "underworld" variant Vampirella bust
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!