Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

One more for the monster game collection.  I bought this one for my nephew, who just turned 6.  This is what's called a 'legacy' game, which means the game changes over several plays in a sort of campaign mode. 

It features a track that you fill after each game you play with a brain sticker, win or lose.  There are also achievements you can complete which fill additional slots and get you closer to the next advancement.  When you reach a numbered milestone space, you open the envelope in the box with the corresponding number, which may have new player powers for one of the characters, upgrades for the zombies (potentially, haven't seen this yet), new achievements, new rules, and so on.

Overall the game is quite simple.  You lose if you need to place a zombie on the board and there are none left in the supply (8 zombies total).  You win if you can get locks on each of the 4 gates surrounding the building you are holed up in.  When there are no zombies in a gate space, and you and another player are in that space, you give the player a high five, and a lock token is placed.

A turn goes as follows:

1)  Roll the zombie die.  If a zombie head comes up, place a zombie in the space matching the color rolled.  If a blank is the result, no zombie is placed this turn,
2) Move 1 space or stay where you are.  After you choose to move or not, you may eliminate up to 2 zombies in your space and return them to the supply.  If a space has 3 or more zombies in it, you MUST LEAVE THE SPACE, and cannot enter a space with 3 or more zombies.  I'm sure there will be ways to stop this as we advance, but at the beginning of the game it makes an obstacle you can't do anything about.  It's also very dangerous because you can't remove zombies from it to replenish the supply.
3.  If applicable, place a lock token.

And that's it.  It takes about 10 minutes for a game.  If you have any younger children I very much recommend it.  My nephew was very excited about the achievement stickers is very much looking forward to opening more of the envelopes (of which there are several.)

The game is about $20 and I think a pretty good value if you have kids.  Especially this time of year.

Mike Scott

More monster mags! A NM set of Monsters to Laugh With/Unlimited.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Buzzybean

I picked these two items up at Spirit Halloween this weekend....

Mike Scott

The EXORCIST head should puke on you when you push the button.  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Palifan

Quote from: Buzzybean on October 13, 2020, 11:40:10 PM

Interesting that the exorcist art work is the same as the Mego packaging. Must be a new style guide picture.

Ian

AndyFish

Love the retro Wolfman mask!

marsattacks666

Quote from: Buzzybean on October 13, 2020, 11:40:10 PM

I picked up that Regan SCREAMER  last year. Super cool and very Loud.🤘🏼👹
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Buzzybean

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 14, 2020, 12:32:19 AM
The EXORCIST head should puke on you when you push the button.  ;D

The eyes light up with blinding green lights. I've never seen a toy light up this bright before.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: AndyFish on September 10, 2020, 11:12:13 AM

Picked this up at an antique toy store I'd never been to in Putman Ct last weekend, contents are really nice shape, hooty owl spinner and cardboard insert that says Haunted House holding the game.

Always wanted one of these, I've never even seen one in person.

Totally great! Had one of these when I was a kid! Would love to score one. They go for around $400 to $500 on eBay these days. Originally the monsters were embossed on the doors. Later they switched over to stickers (see pic below) and replaced the Hoot Owl spinner with a cheap cardboard spinner. Nice little write up on them here.

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/ideal-haunted-house/

marsattacks666

Quote from: AndyFish on September 10, 2020, 11:12:13 AM

Picked this up at an antique toy store I'd never been to in Putman Ct last weekend, contents are really nice shape, hooty owl spinner and cardboard insert that says Haunted House holding the game.

Always wanted one of these, I've never even seen one in person.
Was the jewel included?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Doh!

Man, that game looks super cool! Wish I had one when I was as a kid... or an adult.

marsattacks666

Lazarus

Excellent!  Reagan is quite nice. 

HorrorToyCollector

I got the Joe Bob Briggs action figure in from Fright-Rags. It's very retro 70's styled and I love it. I did a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8JE67vjhbY