Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Batman

'Never heard of Funko until I joined this group many moons ago.

Latest get: A photo of the Funko Halloween Freddy 'exclusive' for $29.95. I don't know if that's a decent price...

I did not take note of the issue date, but it's the version that looks like Dracula with a red cape, red bow tie and a red crown on his head, (thus not a Freddy Krueger).

The rare times I see Funko items I always think of this group full of expert collectors and fans.

Happy Independence Day 4 day weekend to all who enjoy it.

Mord

Back at ya! Don't be a stranger, buddy.

Mike Scott

Quote from: The Batman on July 03, 2019, 02:10:35 PM
A photo of the Funko Halloween Freddy 'exclusive' for $29.95. (thus not a Freddy Krueger).

That's Freddy Funko. He's their mascot and they put his head on other characters and sell them as LE. One Creature Freddy had an edition of 1.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

I assume this is the one. It's from their "POP" line. Came out last Halloween. The price you had is about right. Walmart has some for under $30.

CREATURE FAN

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: geezer butler on July 03, 2019, 03:59:51 AM
Man I want that set!! Congrats. That's so awesome.
Thanks
I have the other reaction figures, never knew this came out until a little while ago

Dr. Acula

Recently stumbled across this figure on eBay, called "Franken Steela." Some sellers call her Franken Stella, but the packaging says Steela.

She comes with lots of cool accessories.

... including the table itself, which tilts.

The detail and paints apps are all very good. The articulation, on the other hand, is very limited: shoulders and head, that's it.

Turns out she is part of a line from the late 90's called "Resurrection of Monstress" which included a female vampire, werewolf, Phantom of the Paradise (remember that movie?), Creature from the Black Lagoon, and a witch.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 05, 2019, 10:33:59 AM
Recently stumbled across this figure on eBay, called "Franken Steela." Some sellers call her Franken Stella, but the packaging says Steela. ... 

I can imagine the look on my mothers' face, if I told her this was what I wanted for Christmas.
ADAM

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 05, 2019, 10:52:26 AM
I can imagine the look on my mothers' face, if I told her this was what I wanted for Christmas.
I don't know about my mom, but my dad would proudly say, "that's my boy". It's quite amazing. I would love to see the others. I always thought "Frankenhooker" would make a great figure.

SpeedierThantheGrave

My Gamestop exclusive Ectotron Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover figure arrived Wednesday and I've been enjoying him.  Yesterday I made a proton effect for him out of hot glue.
Besides being a fun concept and cool bot, the Ecto mode is essentially a perfect model.  AND THEN the box is awesome with G1 styled art!

In case anyone else isn't aware of this guy, here's the stock images too.

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 05, 2019, 10:33:59 AM
Recently stumbled across this figure on eBay, called "Franken Steela." Some sellers call her Franken Stella, but the packaging says Steela.

She comes with lots of cool accessories.

... including the table itself, which tilts.

The detail and paints apps are all very good. The articulation, on the other hand, is very limited: shoulders and head, that's it.

Turns out she is part of a line from the late 90's called "Resurrection of Monstress" which included a female vampire, werewolf, Phantom of the Paradise (remember that movie?), Creature from the Black Lagoon, and a witch.

This figure is awesome! I purchased mine a long time ago. Reminds me of Frankenhooker.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dr. Acula

Just picked up a complete set of Placo monsters (at least, I think it's complete; they never released a Creature, did they?).

These are used and have a few scrapes & marks, but they are still in good shape, and I got the lot of them for less than what some people are asking for a single one of them (NIB). I'm thinking I'll likely do some touch-ups or repaints eventually, anyway. I know these are cartoony and generic, but I like 'em!

BRICK

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 06, 2019, 04:06:17 PM
Just picked up a complete set of Placo monsters (at least, I think it's complete; they never released a Creature, did they?).

I believe that the Creature and Bride were supposed to be released in the second series, which never happened.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Mord

Quote from: Dr. Acula on July 06, 2019, 04:06:17 PM

These are used and have a few scrapes & marks, but they are still in good shape, and I got the lot of them for less than what some people are asking for a single one of them (NIB). I'm thinking I'll likely do some touch-ups or repaints eventually, anyway. I know these are cartoony and generic, but I like 'em!
Absolutely complete. Great score.

Mike Scott

We once caught a fish  t   h   i   s  big!
CREATURE FAN

marsattacks666

Picked these up today.

Kenner Wolf Man(1998) and Moebius B-9 Lost in Space Robot(2009)

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."