Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedierThantheGrave

We went and checked out Spooky Empire in Orlando yesterday.  Fun time, and lots of neat stuff to be seen.  At their own merch table they were selling back stock of shirts and misc, so I snagged this awesome 3/4 sleeve shirt (pictured with the MST3K Live shirt from last week, also an awesome time!)  I also picked up the Spooky Empire exclusive Creature Tiki Mug, limited to only 100 pieces (pictured down below with the Disney mugs).

We took the "Make Your Own Shrunken Head Class" at Spooky last night, and it was totally worth it.  The instructors couldn't have been nicer.  My head is on the right and hers is on the left.

Learned about this awesome website, maybe something to really step your Halloween game up next year: 

http://www.thesingingpumpkin.com/

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E0N3VGZ5XlU

Finally, managed to get the WDW Hatbox Ghost tiki mug here, and traded one with a fellow collector in Disneyland to get their version as well.  (Disneyland has his head on his shoulders, ours it's in his box.)

Perhaps the most entertaining (and saddest) thing at Spooky was the incensed crowd that borderline rioted when the Spooky Exclusive Elvia Funko Pops either sold out or were unavailable (depending on which story you read).  When I say almost rioted, it's no exaggeration.  We were walking across the street to dinner when no less than 10 (probably more, as there are multiple entrances to the property) police cruisers swarmed the venue, blocking off entrances with their cars.  At this level of response, we at first assumed it was something direly serious, like a bomb threat.  But nope, just people loosing their s___ because they couldn't get their toy.  In the people's defense, some claimed they had waited in the neighborhood of 8 hours, some overnight, for this Pop.  Finger pointing is passing blame between the Spooky people and Elvira's people, the whole thing is a mess.

And here's the toy that caused it all - same mold that already exists, but, Oooo! She has an orange dress with bats on it!  ::)  I really thought society was past people fighting over their toys.

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

SpeedierThantheGrave

Magic Mike, I messed up embedding the singing jack o'lantern video ( I even tried using other copy/pasting other videos from the Monsters of Rock thread as a template, but those seem to be broken in the thread as well) Can you fix it? Or can't we do video anymore?

I also got a captcha verification that Horror Hunter mentioned.  The site knows I'm a robot... I got lucky this time, but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this charade up...
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

LordMudd

Got my Boss Fight order.

"It is good to be me."

CCC.

Mike Scott

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on October 27, 2018, 11:32:46 AM
Can you fix it? Or can't we do video anymore?

I cleaned up the links, but people will just have to click on them and go to the website. Sorry!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 27, 2018, 01:17:33 PM
I cleaned up the links, but people will just have to click on them and go to the website. Sorry!
I'm running Internet Explorer and You Tube videos that people post show up as a big blank space for me, no link or anything. Unless they explain what they're posting in text I don't even know what it's supposed to be to go find it on YT.

I downloaded Chrome and that comes with another set of problems. It won't let me visit most of the websites I frequent without constantly giving the "Not Secure" warning and making my McAfee block things off sometimes. I have those problems on sites like eerielatenight (the Monster Channel), The Vortexx, and even UMA. I said hell with that and went back to Internet Explorer.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on October 27, 2018, 11:23:34 AM
Perhaps the most entertaining (and saddest) thing at Spooky was the incensed crowd that borderline rioted when the Spooky Exclusive Elvia Funko Pops either sold out or were unavailable (depending on which story you read).  When I say almost rioted, it's no exaggeration.  We were walking across the street to dinner when no less than 10 (probably more, as there are multiple entrances to the property) police cruisers swarmed the venue, blocking off entrances with their cars.  At this level of response, we at first assumed it was something direly serious, like a bomb threat.  But nope, just people loosing their s___ because they couldn't get their toy.  In the people's defense, some claimed they had waited in the neighborhood of 8 hours, some overnight, for this Pop.  Finger pointing is passing blame between the Spooky people and Elvira's people, the whole thing is a mess.

And here's the toy that caused it all - same mold that already exists, but, Oooo! She has an orange dress with bats on it!  ::)  I really thought society was past people fighting over their toys.

Funny stuff, Speed. I tell ya, man, I'm a huge fan of Elvira and I have a lot of Elvira merch including over a hundred issues of the Claypool comic, a cardboard standee, action figures, mags, etc...BUT, I would riot to get away from that POPS figure! Just something about those things that are really off-putting to me. I know they're POPular these days, but this is another instance where I leave the herd and the freakin' POPS and run in the other direction.  :laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on October 27, 2018, 01:50:16 PM
I said hell with that and went back to Internet Explorer.

It doesn't matter what browser you're using, videos just won't embed here anymore. I have no idea why and, apparently, neither does anybody else. It's a bummer, but really, all you have to do is click the link to see them.
CREATURE FAN

The Batman

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 26, 2018, 11:46:20 PM
So, you bought the Frankenstein one?

I took a photo of the set for you guys, Mike and all

The Batman

marsattacks666

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on October 27, 2018, 11:23:34 AM
We went and checked out Spooky Empire in Orlando yesterday.  Fun time, and lots of neat stuff to be seen.  At their own merch table they were selling back stock of shirts and misc, so I snagged this awesome 3/4 sleeve shirt (pictured with the MST3K Live shirt from last week, also an awesome time!)  I also picked up the Spooky Empire exclusive Creature Tiki Mug, limited to only 100 pieces (pictured down below with the Disney mugs).

We took the "Make Your Own Shrunken Head Class" at Spooky last night, and it was totally worth it.  The instructors couldn't have been nicer.  My head is on the right and hers is on the left.

Learned about this awesome website, maybe something to really step your Halloween game up next year: 

http://www.thesingingpumpkin.com/

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E0N3VGZ5XlU

Finally, managed to get the WDW Hatbox Ghost tiki mug here, and traded one with a fellow collector in Disneyland to get their version as well.  (Disneyland has his head on his shoulders, ours it's in his box.)

I dig the top photo. The T-shirt is modeled after the KISS ASYLUM album cover. Awesome! I cannot remember the name of the guy who is the proprietor of this convention. But I saw him on a KISS podcast and he is a huge KISS/Horror fanatic.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

geezer butler

Quote from: the_horror_man on October 25, 2018, 04:10:44 PM
Cool.. Diggin the Godzilla1965 bank on the left. It looks like the 65 anyway.

thm

Thanks guys! Yeah that Godzilla bank one of my favorite pieces in the monster room. THM, not sure if you noticed, but in second picture you can see part of the Jet Jaguar bank. That piece is quite pricey now if you can find it. I know a lot of G-fans don't like JJ, but I think he's cool.

geezer butler

Some new monster room items for the season:

2018-10-28_07-11-07 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2018-10-28_07-10-58 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2018-10-28_07-10-49 by geezer2014, on Flickr

2018-10-28_07-11-17 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN

MadCow

Quote from: The Batman on October 26, 2018, 09:42:38 PM
Frank

That's interesting. When did these come out? I've had the Werewolf one for a while but had no idea where it came from.

The Batman

Quote from: MadCow on October 28, 2018, 09:08:18 PM
That's interesting. When did these come out? I've had the Werewolf one for a while but had no idea where it came from.

https://hotpicksusa.com/product-categories/product/hot-picks-6-pack-monster-collection.html