Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMadScientist

Quote from: Lazarus on September 10, 2018, 01:56:30 AM
Found a Universal Monster pint glass at Wal-Mart for $5.  They had a whole display of pint glasses, mugs, and those plastic drink cups.  My brother got one of the plastic cups for IT.  It comes with those freezable 'ice' blocks shaped like Georgie's Boat.  they had a Jason mug, a Freddy Mug, a IT 1990 mug, and a Chucky mug.  The pints were Jason, Freddy, IT 1990, Universal Monsters, and Jaws (the Freddy one was VERY cool, but I wanted my monsters).

Where in Wal-Mart did you find these? I've been to a few near me, and I haven't been able to find them. I've tried to call some other stores in the area, but that hasn't been very productive. Only reason I ask is that I might have a better chance of finding them in stores if I know the section of the store to look. Thanks!

I'm new to the boards, btw!

zombiehorror

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 11, 2018, 08:28:08 PM
The MISFITS Fiend/Crimson Ghost figure is rad!

And now (or very soon) they'll come in several different "flavors"; the original releases, crimson and b/w along with glow-in-the-dark, Earth A.D., Horror Business, Bullet and  Halloween variants.  The Earth A.D. also as a variant card that recreates a cover printing error (ghoul hair) from the original run of the Earth A.D. lp.

zombiehorror

Quote from: TheMadScientist on September 15, 2018, 08:35:17 PM
Where in Wal-Mart did you find these?

The Wal-Mart by me had the display on an endcap around the party supply stuff and magazines.

Wicked Lester

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 11, 2018, 08:28:08 PM
The MISFITS Fiend/Crimson Ghost figure is rad!

I gotta say the the Crimson Ghost figure is pretty cool. The card art is probably some of the coolest I have ever seen. Awesome!

horrorhunter

Received this little weirdy in the mail today from an evilBay seller, a Frankenstein Monster head with removable brain.

The blurry pic disguises the multitude of tiny horizontal lines covering the surface. It's made of heavy rigid plastic, about 5 1/2" tall, and unmarked. I don't know much about 3D-printed pieces but I suspect this may be one. I saw another one listed by another seller that was only 3 1/2" tall (and somewhat pricey) and it was identified as 3D-printed in the listing. Does anyone know if this is based on  pieces from a playset or game? It was only $6, automatically accepted on a "Make Offer", so I don't see how a seller could make anything on a 3D-printed piece for that price. Maybe they're cheaper than that to make? Anyway, it makes an unusual decorative piece and worth the $6+SH for me.

ededed
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

the_horror_man

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 17, 2018, 02:18:33 PM
Received this little weirdy in the mail today from an evilBay seller, a Frankenstein Monster head with removable brain.

The blurry pic disguises the multitude of tiny horizontal lines covering the surface. It's made of heavy rigid plastic, about 5 1/2" tall, and unmarked. I don't know much about 3D-printed pieces but I suspect this may be one. I saw another one listed by another seller that was only 3 1/2" tall (and somewhat pricey) and it was identified as 3D-printed in the listing. Does anyone know if this is based on  pieces from a playset or game? It was only $6, automatically accepted on a "Make Offer", so I don't see how a seller could make anything on a 3D-printed piece for that price. Maybe they're cheaper than that to make? Anyway, it makes an unusual decorative piece and worth the $6+SH for me.

ededed

A guy on Etsy sells them for around $12. I believe this is the seller. Here is the link

thm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/566602747/frankenstein-pot-planter-braincreepy?ref=shop_home_active_33

Gojirafan

The Toynami Shogun Godzilla arrived today. Today is feeling a little like Christmas morning almost 40 years ago when I received the Mattel Godzilla shogun.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Farley Flavors

I went to the Scarefest convention in Lexington, KY last weekend and picked up a few things. First, I bought these two 11x17 Italian horror posters from artist Joel Robinson. He does a lot of blu-ray cover art for Scream Factory. I'd been eyeing his Suspiria artwork for a while. Synapse Films ended up using a slightly cropped version of it as the cover for the 2-Disc edition blu-ray.

Joel's booth was unattended when I first went by, but he had all his artwork on display. I wasn't sure any of it was for sale since there appeared to be only one of each piece out. Everything was in plastic sleeves and there were no empty spots on the wall to indicate anything had been sold that weekend. I thought maybe he was just there to advertise his work and do some networking, since he had a bunch of business cards out.

I came back later and found him chatting with some guys at his table. I waited for him to finish and asked if I could buy the two prints. He said they were $15 each, which I agreed to. I think they were originally $10 on his web store before shipping, but both are currently unavailable. Maybe it cost extra because of the sheet protectors, which I really didn't need since I'd brought a large cardboard envelope with me. Oh, well.

The colors on these posters are nice and vibrant. It was the first time I'd bought something in-person from the artist, so that was cool. He was a nice guy, too. The only downside was the posters have some handling and edge wear. The Suspira one has some large creases in the middle that I didn't notice until I got home. Still, it's not like I could purchase these online at the moment.

Also scored the new 7" Tim Curry Pennywise from NECA. The only issue is it's hard to keep his balloons (all seven of them!) from drooping in different directions. The strings are made of wire, so you can always twist them together -- but I opted to just cinch them with a couple clear rubber bands I had in my junk drawer. I think he looks great.

He comes with three alternate heads and they all look awesome, but I think I'm sticking with the frowning head as my go to display option for now.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Farley Flavors on September 19, 2018, 09:49:45 AM
The only issue is it's hard to keep his balloons (all seven of them!) from drooping in different directions.

Try using a tiny drop of silicon glue at each point of contact on the balloons.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Ugly_Thing

Rubbery friends, a complete set of mini Outer Space Men, and Ben Cooper jiggly goodness -- Yayyyyy!    :D

horrorhunter

Got in more Beistle Halloween decorations:

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

These UniMon Halloween cards arrived today:

The set cost $30 plus cheap shipping. They look pretty sweet in person.

I checked my Target and they didn't have any...of course. So, I checked eBay and it was full of listings wanting 10 bucks each, or more, for the cards. Forget that BS. Then, I spotted one auction listing with the whole set for $30 minimum bid with cheap shipping. I'm okay with paying that for the set since the cards would have cost me over $26 anyway if I got exceptionally lucky and found them all (instead of none). Not about to undertake the fool's errand of trying to track down a set in the wild. Starting to accumulate some cool stuff. Maybe it won't be such a dry Hween after all.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

KCE83

Quote from: Farley Flavors on September 19, 2018, 09:49:45 AM
I went to the Scarefest convention in Lexington, KY last weekend and picked up a few things. First, I bought these two 11x17 Italian horror posters from artist Joel Robinson. He does a lot of blu-ray cover art for Scream Factory. I'd been eyeing his Suspiria artwork for a while. Synapse Films ended up using a slightly cropped version of it as the cover for the 2-Disc edition blu-ray.

I love that Demons poster! Great film and great art.

Gojirafan

SH Monsterarts Godzilla 2001 GMK arrived yesterday. Great sculpt.

Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

horrorhunter

Got my Creature Rum bottle today.

Makes me want to get drunk with Captain Lucas and ogle Kay in her sleek white one-piece (and out of it, if we all get blasted sufficiently  ;)).

I dig the label. It's copied from the iconic Dell Creature comic book from the '60s.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...