Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on June 06, 2016, 07:32:08 PM
Nice score. Do they sell them separately too?
I've only seen them offered as sets of 5, but they're only $15 for the set. I bought mine from a US seller so the shipping was cheap and even though the seller took a long time to ship I received them in a reasonable amount of time. The other sets that I've seen available are from a Mexican seller who only charges $6 for shipping but warns that it might take 2 months to receive the figures. Here's a link to one of his listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mexican-Universal-Monsters-Dracula-Frankenstein-Wolf-Man-Toy-Made-In-Mexico-/272264308783?hash=item3f6437a82f:g:HcgAAOSwqBJXU6Ta

The figures are the same but they're different colors. I prefer having them all in that ghoulish shade of green, but different colors might appeal more to some collectors.

Evidently these figures are still being made in Mexico on a limited basis. You never know how long something like this will be available, so if anyone wants a set they might want to jump on them. They may disappear in a month, or they may be available for years. It's hard to tell. If I hadn't found this set already I would order one from the Mexican vendor and just wait it out.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: horrorhunter on June 06, 2016, 08:42:56 PM
I've only seen them offered as sets of 5, but they're only $15 for the set. I bought mine from a US seller so the shipping was cheap and even though the seller took a long time to ship I received them in a reasonable amount of time. The other sets that I've seen available are from a Mexican seller who only charges $6 for shipping but warns that it might take 2 months to receive the figures. Here's a link to one of his listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mexican-Universal-Monsters-Dracula-Frankenstein-Wolf-Man-Toy-Made-In-Mexico-/272264308783?hash=item3f6437a82f:g:HcgAAOSwqBJXU6Ta

The figures are the same but they're different colors. I prefer having them all in that ghoulish shade of green, but different colors might appeal more to some collectors.

Evidently these figures are still being made in Mexico on a limited basis. You never know how long something like this will be available, so if anyone wants a set they might want to jump on them. They may disappear in a month, or they may be available for years. It's hard to tell. If I hadn't found this set already I would order one from the Mexican vendor and just wait it out.
Thanks horrorhunter.
Very reasonable price.

Mike Scott

Picked this up on ebay for $25. I'm only adding any from this line if I can get them for half price, or less. There are 6 different ones, but I might max out at 3, since there are 2 red ones, 2 glittery ones and 2 other not dissimilar ones.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 07, 2016, 08:21:03 AM
Picked this up on ebay for $25. I'm only adding any from this line if I can get them for half price, or less. There are 6 different ones, But I might max out at 3, since there are 2 red ones, 2 glittery ones and 2 other not dissimilar ones.

Isn't there a glow one too

Mike Scott

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on June 07, 2016, 08:22:33 AM
Isn't there a glow one too

Oh yeah, I forgot about the newest one. I'd like to have that one, too!
CREATURE FAN

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 07, 2016, 08:26:45 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the newest one. I'd like to have that one, too!
Mike
This guy is pretty cool too

Mike Scott

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on June 07, 2016, 09:14:07 PM

This guy is pretty cool too

Yeah, I like it! Guess I'll end up with 4 of them. A green one, a red one, a sparkle one and a glow one.
CREATURE FAN

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: Mike Scott on June 07, 2016, 09:45:04 PM
Yeah, I like it! Guess I'll end up with 4 of them.
It is pretty nice looking. I'm thinking of getting one myself

horrorhunter

I received my copy of The Art Of Ploog today.

http://www.fpguniverse.com/shop#!/The-Art-of-Ploog-STANDARD-Edition/p/63611723/category=0

This oversized hardback is beautifully printed and huge, over 350 pages. It touches on virtually everything Mike Ploog has done in his impressive career including comic book art, movie concept art, and trading card work. It's also full of comments by people who worked with him over the years. Seeing those stunning paintings for his trading card set in full page size is very cool. FPG shipped mine quickly, and it was packaged well so it arrived undamaged. It's a pleasure to add this to the monster library. FPG offers free shipping and they take PayPal, so the whole experience was hassle free and very pleasant. This book is highly recommended to Mike Ploog fans, as well as just fans of Bronze Age Monster Comics.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: horrorhunter on June 09, 2016, 05:29:40 PM

Those eyes! They gave me an immediate flashback to being a baby monster kid, with these pop-up books from the late 1980s.  I think there was like 4 in the series... thought it might be the same guy by some wild coincidence, but alas, it was a different dude. But I still recommend them as a good read.;)

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

SpeedierThantheGrave

Stopped in Walmart on the way home and swung by the toy aisle. Has anyone else seen these new Classic Ghostbusters figures? They have nice sculpts, and have Build-A-Figure parts for a Glow-In-The-Dark Ghost Logo. At $20, they're pretty neat.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on June 09, 2016, 11:33:13 PM
Stopped in Walmart on the way home and swung by the toy aisle. Has anyone else seen these new Classic Ghostbusters figures? They have nice sculpts, and have Build-A-Figure parts for a Glow-In-The-Dark Ghost Logo. At $20, they're pretty neat.... 

That's the only good thing about remakes - they stir up interest in the whole line of movies, even the originals.

Not my favorite movie, but very cool figures.
ADAM

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on June 09, 2016, 10:52:24 PM
Those eyes! They gave me an immediate flashback to being a baby monster kid, with these pop-up books from the late 1980s.  I think there was like 4 in the series... thought it might be the same guy by some wild coincidence, but alas, it was a different dude. But I still recommend them as a good read.;)

Nice big images.

Those can be printed sans original lettering to be used as backdrops for loose figures on the ol' toy shelf.

Thanks!
ADAM

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on June 09, 2016, 11:38:05 PM
That's the only good thing about remakes - they stir up interest in the whole line of movies, even the originals.
Not my favorite movie, but very cool figures.

It's not my absolute favorite movie either, but I know we got some big fans on here. I was lured in by the GID plastic. Haha. However I didn't buy them.