Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Lazarus on March 26, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
As someone who sells the Select figures in a storefront, I have to tell you, I wish They were all Creature.  He's the only one I sell regularly.  Although the new Wolf Man did nicely.

How big a store do you have? (Sq. Ft.)

How many Select figures have you sold since you began carrying them?  I'm jut wondering what kind of reception they have received.

How about posting a picture of your storefront and window display.  You should give us your address - for any local members.
ADAM

zombiehorror

Quote from: Lazarus on March 26, 2016, 08:18:45 PM
Although the new Wolf Man did nicely.

I am looking to pick up the newer releases but most the first wave(s) just left me cold.

Lazarus

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 26, 2016, 09:29:49 PM
How big a store do you have? (Sq. Ft.)

How many Select figures have you sold since you began carrying them?  I'm jut wondering what kind of reception they have received.

How about posting a picture of your storefront and window display.  You should give us your address - for any local members.

I'm not the proprietor, so I'm unsure of the exact dimensions.  I'm told it's something close to 6,000 square feet of retail space, give or take.  We were in two much smaller locations until October of 2013, when we moved into the new warehouse space.  As it's a warehouse, I don't have much of a storefront, barring a sign. 

Just to give you an idea, in the time we've been here, since the newly resculpted Creature was released by Diamond Select, we've sold 25 of them, over a third of our total Universal Select sales in the new space.  The original Creature release was a terrific seller, but was unavailable for us to order after we moved.  The next highest sellers are the Mummy (mk 2, in his sarcoughagus) and Dr. Jekyll at 6 each. 

I sell the Creature bust bank from the same company FAR more often that their Wolf-Man, Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, and Metaluna Mutant releases, at 30 to Frankenstein's Monster's 2nd place at 16.  We've also sold 40 Creature Pop! Vinyl figures, which is a top selling line these days.  The next highest seller was the Wolf-Man at 22. 

In all cases it isn't even a close race.

So, appropriately, in sunny Florida, Creature is king.

If you're in the vicinity of Tampa FL, the website is here: http://emeraldcitycomics.com/

If you're local, stop by and say hi!  Ask for AJ.  I'm always there on the weekends, and I'm happy to talk monsters with anyone.  We don't have as much horror stuff as I'd like, but we do have more than anyone else I've been to personally, so it isn't at all bad.

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Lazarus on March 27, 2016, 04:20:28 AM
If you're in the vicinity of Tampa FL, the website is here: http://emeraldcitycomics.com/

If you're local, stop by and say hi!  Ask for AJ.  I'm always there on the weekends, and I'm happy to talk monsters with anyone.  We don't have as much horror stuff as I'd like, but we do have more than anyone else I've been to personally, so it isn't at all bad.

I'll see you this summer when I finally get to move back to Florida!  :)
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Mike Scott

So, appropriately, in sunny Florida, Creature is king.

Why am I not surprised? :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Wait really i was there yesterday i bought the 8" sideshow figure.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

zombiehorror

Quote from: Lazarus on March 27, 2016, 04:20:28 AMThe next highest sellers are the Mummy (mk 2, in his sarcoughagus) and Dr. Jekyll at 6 each. 

I really wanted that Jekyll but unfortunately seeing it in person it was an easy pass.

I sell the Creature bust bank from the same company FAR more often that their Wolf-Man, Bride of Frankenstein, Frankenstein, and Metaluna Mutant releases, at 30 to Frankenstein's Monster's 2nd place at 16.

I think all the banks are great but I've yet to pick any up.

Lazarus

Quote from: Sir Spooks-A-Lot on March 27, 2016, 10:17:06 AM
Wait really i was there yesterday i bought the 8" sideshow figure.

That's great!  I'm glad someone got those that v would enjoy them.  Did you get the Hunchback or the Phantom?  We had a Metaluna Mutant but someone nabbed him pretty much immediately. 

Quote from: zombiehorror on March 27, 2016, 11:03:22 AM
I really wanted that Jekyll but unfortunately seeing it in person it was an easy pass.

I think all the banks are great but I've yet to pick any up.

I thought the Creature, Mutant, and Wolf Man banks were great.  Bride and Frank weren't nearly as successful.  The Karloff face on Jekyll is odd, but I think it would be improved greatly with more grey hair.  The Hyde face is definitely the better of the two.

Sir Spooks-A-Lot

Quote from: Lazarus on March 27, 2016, 01:40:59 PM
That's great!  I'm glad someone got those that v would enjoy them.  Did you get the Hunchback or the Phantom?  We had a Metaluna Mutant but someone nabbed him pretty much immediately. 

I thought the Creature, Mutant, and Wolf Man banks were great.  Bride and Frank weren't nearly as successful.  The Karloff face on Jekyll is odd, but I think it would be improved greatly with more grey hair.  The Hyde face is definitely the better of the two.
I Got the phantom.
You Mean The Movie Lied?!?!

The Red Death 30

Quote from: geezer butler on March 19, 2016, 07:02:09 PM
That Vincent Price portrait is freakin unbelievable!! Nice scores.

Joel Robinson might be my favorite artist in horror right now and one hell of a nice guy too

The Batman

'Got this photo for my creative Halloween photo collection.  'Nice work.   

Mike Scott

Quote from: The Batman on March 31, 2016, 09:46:11 PM
Got this photo for my creative Halloween photo collection.

That is hilarious! :laugh:
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: The Batman on March 31, 2016, 09:46:11 PM
'Got this photo for my creative Halloween photo collection.  'Nice work.   

That would also work for someone who turns 50 (and any decade above) - or a retirement cake!

ADAM

Rockshasa

Went to another toy show today. Picked up a bunch of old 1960's Matchbox cars. I'm trying to get back my old collection...
On the way home, I figured I'd stop by TRU, just to see if they had anything interesting. Glad I stopped in! Found this guy. Is this the coolest monster toy or what? I'm a huge Bigfoot/Abominable Snowman fan. They also had a Sasquatch as well...different sculpt and all. I was torn as to which toy to buy. Surprisingly, this thing was only $20. He's made by Animal Planet. He's 16" tall, so he's pretty damn big.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Rockshasa on April 03, 2016, 02:23:42 PM
Is this the coolest monster toy or what?

It's abominable!
CREATURE FAN