Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenmummy

JIM

monsterloco

Goosebumps was big when I was kid pluss I found something to do with my old peddle car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Frankenmummy

JIM

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: geezer butler on March 05, 2016, 06:54:21 PM
Morbius the Living Vampire
2016-03-05_06-12-53 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Dude! Have you seen the Jack O'Lantern paired with him? So cool! I haven't picked one up yet though...

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: Count Zachula on March 05, 2016, 06:02:48 PM
I am a Tiki dude. Although I don't have that much, I do have a tiki themed bathroom. 

Yay! A new monster/tiki friend!
That's so cool - we LOVE your bathroom! And that shelf is perfect. I spy lots of Disney goodies. :)
I made the kitchen island in our apartment into a tiki bar: nothing permanent and totally reversible - A total of 6 screws, 4 of those for the two shelves.  Monster mugs and shrunken heads abound.

After visiting Trader Sam's in the Polynesian Village at Disney World, I bought one of those $11 inflatable tentacles off Amazon to steal my rum too. :)

jimm

horrorhunter

Very cool and islandish, Speed. Makes me want to imbibe something extremely rummy while soaking in that atmosphere.  8)

cl:)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Count Zachula

That looks GREAT!! Nice mug collection and the vinyl covers accent it amazingly. Some day my bathroom will look as good as that.  Thanks for sharing!

Frankenmummy

JIM

SpeedierThantheGrave

Quote from: horrorhunter on March 17, 2016, 05:16:57 PM
Very cool and islandish, Speed. Makes me want to imbibe something extremely rummy while soaking in that atmosphere.

Thanks man! You and the Count might appreciate this traditional cocktail book. I just got it about a month ago and have been mixing my way through it... mmmight've accidently gotten smashed a couple nights trying out recipes... Haha.  I enthusiastically recommend it. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1593621396?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Quote from: Count Zachula on March 17, 2016, 06:20:24 PM
That looks GREAT!! Nice mug collection and the vinyl covers accent it amazingly. Some day my bathroom will look as good as that.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Count! My girlfriend is jealous of all your Disney mugs.  The mug collection was modest up until about a month ago, after winning several multi-mug lots. :)

SpeedierThantheGrave

Finally got around to finishing a little learning project of mine.  I've never messed with LEDs before, but it seems like there's so much atmosphere and cool finishing details to be achieved with them. This seemed like a good beginner's project:  I procured the translite from the Creature pinball machine awhile back, with every intent of framing it.  Then I says to myself, "Other Johnny, what if it LIT UP like it was installed on the game?" "Excellent idea, Johnny." 

With a smidge of research it turns out it is a totally doable, and cheap, idea.  A $15 Ikea frame, an $11 LED strip, 4 batteries, and a $1 battery holder later, and I was done.  Here's some pictures of the finished product.  If anyone's interested I can do a lil how-to write up.  From what I saw online, it looks like this could be done with movie posters or just about any picture.

Lights off:

Lights on:

Lights on in a totally dark room:

1/6thtoyz

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on March 17, 2016, 11:30:58 PM
Finally got around to finishing a little learning project of mine.  I've never messed with LEDs before, but it seems like there's so much atmosphere and cool finishing details to be achieved with them. This seemed like a good beginner's project:  I procured the translite from the Creature pinball machine awhile back, with every intent of framing it.  Then I says to myself, "Other Johnny, what if it LIT UP like it was installed on the game?" "Excellent idea, Johnny." 

With a smidge of research it turns out it is a totally doable, and cheap, idea.  A $15 Ikea frame, an $11 LED strip, 4 batteries, and a $1 battery holder later, and I was done.  Here's some pictures of the finished product.  If anyone's interested I can do a lil how-to write up.  From what I saw online, it looks like this could be done with movie posters or just about any picture.

Lights off:

Lights on:

Lights on in a totally dark room:

Beautiful job!👍👍👍

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on March 17, 2016, 11:30:58 PM
Finally got around to finishing a little learning project of mine.  I've never messed with LEDs before, but it seems like there's so much atmosphere and cool finishing details to be achieved with them. ...
...  If anyone's interested I can do a lil how-to write up.... 

By all means - please do.

Maybe we should have a separate thread for display ideas and tips.
ADAM

Rockshasa

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on March 16, 2016, 11:08:44 PMDude! Have you seen the Jack O'Lantern paired with him (Morbius)? So cool! I haven't picked one up yet though...

Saw these in-store a couple days ago. From a distance they look nice, but close-up I wasn't impressed. I rarely if ever collect any superhero related stuff anymore except for the occasional small Batmobile. I see these are labeled as Marvel Legends, but they are a far cry from the quality of the Marvel Legends line that was around back in the late 1990's-early 2000's...those I did collect a bunch of, but they were great toys with incredible detail. Everything at that time was going hyper-detailed - fueled by the success (and demand) of the McFarlane figures. Anyway, yeah, they are "kinda monstery", but too close to superhero stuff for me at this point. I'll pass...