Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Beautiful! I can't wait to get mine.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on April 25, 2015, 07:47:45 PM
I can't began to tell you how much I love that Bub mask (especially with the signatures). Congrats, monsterloco.

Besides TOTS, Bump in the Night made a nice "Bub" mask. Not sure which one I like better. I do like the skin color and included chain on the BITN version and you can still find them.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: 1/6thtoyz on April 26, 2015, 08:54:33 AM
An absolute masterpiece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkk lium

OK, I've never seen this movie and I don't mean to offend anyone but this has got to be one of the goofiest looking monsters/Yeti's I've ever seen. If Abraham Lincoln turned into a monster I imagine this is what he'd look like.  ;D

Mike Scott

Quote from: Gory Glenn on April 27, 2015, 11:11:42 AM
OK, I've never seen this movie . . .

It's a good late '50s Hammer flick written by Nigel Kneale (from his TV play) starring Peter Cushing and directed by Hammer regular Val Guest.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Quote from: Gory Glenn on April 27, 2015, 11:07:02 AM
Besides TOTS, Bump in the Night made a nice "Bub" mask. Not sure which one I like better. I do like the skin color and included chain on the BITN version and you can still find them.

I love this one too. The fact that it includes the cool chain & is still available kinda sways me. Thanks, Glenn.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Gory Glenn on April 27, 2015, 11:07:02 AM

I like the BITN version better. The TOT one is great, but the other one is more like the actual look of Bub in the film.

thm

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on April 27, 2015, 02:05:58 PM
I love this one too. The fact that it includes the cool chain & is still available kinda sways me. Thanks, Glenn.

My pleasure Mord. They are out of production but they do turn up from time to time. I almost picked one up recently but got side tracked by a vintage Illusive Concepts Karloff Mummy that I just bought. I'll post picks after it shows up.

Quote from: the_horror_man on April 27, 2015, 02:24:06 PM
I like the BITN version better. The TOT one is great, but the other one is more like the actual look of Bub in the film.

thm

I lean more toward the BITN one as well. As you said it looks more like Bub.

the_horror_man

OK, I've never seen this movie and I don't mean to offend anyone but this has got to be one of the goofiest looking monsters/Yeti's I've ever seen. If Abraham Lincoln turned into a monster I imagine this is what he'd look like.  ;D

lol I agree with you. However, I am really looking forward to receiving this figure. It should arrive any day now. I watched the film about 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed it. It had a very creepy vibe during the second half of the film. The figure is based on not only what is seen in the film, but the artist's rendition. There is no way to have a 100% likeness because you never see the entire face or a good enough shot.

thm

Gory Glenn

Quote from: the_horror_man on April 27, 2015, 02:31:14 PM
lol I agree with you. However, I am really looking forward to receiving this figure. It should arrive any day now. I watched the film about 2 weeks ago. I enjoyed it. It had a very creepy vibe during the second half of the film. The figure is based on not only what is seen in the film, but the artist's rendition. There is no way to have a 100% likeness because you never see the entire face or a good enough shot.

thm

Totally get it. I'm sure this figure is as close as you can get to looking like the film but I still get a chuckle out of it when ever I see this figure.

The most common image that turns up in a search for The Abominable Snowman is this...

Mord

I got my Yeti and it is perfect. It does look like an Abe Lincoln Wookie, but that's what he looked like in the film (goofy but distinctive). He looks cuddly, but highly intelligent & fully capable of delivering "The Gettysburg Address". Great work, Martin!

Anton Phibes

I dont believe the design is silly. I certainly think the figure is perfect. We always clamor for an original design....then when we see a picture where we get one....we complain. Mostly because (whether we wish to believe it or not) is because it doesnt look like a traditional creepy.

Lovecraft beasties certainly are original in their look...but they hardly ever  get produced.t everytime they do they sell...so i dont get it.

Yeti is probably sold out form Martin were I to hazard a guess.

As for never knowing exactly what the Hammer Yeti looks like....wrong. This figure is a masterpiece.

and then there's this neat-o little reference given to us by one of our resident Yeti-Heads, Ray...

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=26949.60

Considering no one else on planet earth has even bothered to make anything from this film, for half a century, and the film languishes is "re-run obscurity purgatory" for the majority of the i-phone obsessed public....anything but heaps of praise for this figure is hopelessly inadequate.

Gossamer

The Honest Abe Wookie looks blissfully baked to me.

I have to say it's a great Hammer flick.  I have seen stills of it since I was a kid and finally got to see it for the first time a year ago.  Recommend seeing.

horrorhunter

The DD Hammer Yeti is a good sculpt and I'm proud to add it to my collection. Nobody else is doing Hammer figures (or Price, or Naschy, etc.) and I'm glad DD stepped up to give us the figures we want.

It may look a little bulky but that's the way 1/9th scale figures are, whether they are wearing bulky looking clothes or bulky looking "fur suits". I think it looks great, and I think the movie is on par with Hammer's usual good quality offerings.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Count_Zirock

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 27, 2015, 09:47:26 PM
The DD Hammer Yeti is a good sculpt and I'm proud to add it to my collection. Nobody else is doing Hammer figures (or Price, or Naschy, etc.) and I'm glad DD stepped up to give us the figures we want.It may look a little bulky but that's the way 1/9th scale figures are, whether they are wearing bulky looking clothes or bulky looking "fur suits". I think it looks great, and I think the movie is on par with Hammer's usual good quality offerings.
Compared to this pic:I don't think it looks bulky at all.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

the_horror_man

I just got mine and it is magnificent! If you like the movie, you will love the figure. Let me say this. Some collectibles become valuable because of time. Others have a significant meaning right out of the gate. This is one of those figures.

thm