Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth

QuoteI don't suppose this lamp will do much, then.

Put them under a black light. Those things go GLOW CRAZY under black lights!! Cool little figures.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Kenneth on September 08, 2014, 05:16:25 PM
Those things go GLOW CRAZY under black lights!!

Never thought of that! Probably won't buy one just for that, though.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 05, 2014, 03:03:24 PM
Finally got one of those Argentine fast food Creatures!

High five!

Wow!!! Those are fantastic
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 08, 2014, 08:09:47 PM

Wow!!! Those are fantastic

I think this is the whole set, except for Frank.

CREATURE FAN

jimm

Wow those are cool PVCs?

Anton Phibes

As much as I loathe caricatures: I do make exceptions when they are super cool. Like these Lomiton things. But its probably impossible to build a set at a reasonable price. :angel:

Mike Scott

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 08, 2014, 09:24:06 PM
But its probably impossible to build a set at a reasonable price.

I'll bet it ain't all that easy at an unreasonable price!
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Got my DST Creature today from an evilBay seller. It was shipped in a heavy corrugated box and got here in two days totally unscathed. Today eBay came through for this Monsterkid.  :)  This is another example of the excellent work that DST is capable of. The nice base is nearly as killer as the Creech figure.

I really want to tear into this and set it up...but I won't. Maybe I'll find another one at a better price to open later on.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 26, 2014, 03:14:39 PM
I really want to tear into this and set it up...but I won't. Maybe I'll find another one at a better price to open later on.

Eventually, a loose one will turn up on ebay.
CREATURE FAN

Mord

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 26, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
Eventually, a loose one will turn up on ebay.
Yeah, but they usually ask more than what a new one goes for now.

geezer butler

I picked up the 2014 Diamond Select Son of Frankenstein today. Was driving by a Toys R Us and thought I'd see what they had. Grabbed last SoF. I think it was $15.99. Last week I bought the McFarlane Alice Cooper---that's been on my radar for a while, so I finally grabbed it.

And i know they're not popular on this forum, but I picked up set of the Funko Universal Monsters. I agree the articulations are substandard, but I think the set looks real cool up on the monster wall.

Earlier in the summer i snagged a 2006 Bandai Rodan and 2013 Bandai Mechagodzilla.

I'll try to get up some pics soon.

horrorhunter

Quote from: geezer butler on September 29, 2014, 11:48:26 PM
Last week I bought the McFarlane Alice Cooper---that's been on my radar for a while, so I finally grabbed it.

I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan and that figure is way cool. I picked that up many moons ago when they first came out. I used to buy all of the McFarlane figures but ended up just keeping the Movie Maniacs and a couple more like Alice.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

the_horror_man

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 30, 2014, 03:14:08 PM
I'm a huge Alice Cooper fan and that figure is way cool. I picked that up many moons ago when they first came out. I used to buy all of the McFarlane figures but ended up just keeping the Movie Maniacs and a couple more like Alice.

I have almost all of the Movie Maniacs line. I like them a lot. However, as far as value, they really never became that valuable.

thm

horrorhunter

Quote from: the_horror_man on September 30, 2014, 04:04:46 PM
I have almost all of the Movie Maniacs line. I like them a lot. However, as far as value, they really never became that valuable.

thm
Yeah, most of the McFarlane stuff can still be bought pretty cheaply, I guess because so many were produced. Many of the McFarlane figures are really very good. A few years ago I narrowed my collection to mostly monster related stuff because I just accumulated too damn much... stuff. Anyway, I stopped collecting superhero and some other genres and decided to focus on my favorite genre- MONSTERS. Of the McFarlane product I kept the Movie Maniacs, Monster Playsets, and some monster related faves like Alice.

I never did collect according to $ value. I just collect what I like. Apparently many other people like the same stuff because most of my junk has become sought after, and as a result, expensive. I could never afford to replace my monster collection, so I'll never sell it. I am careful what I buy these days regarding size.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

The Movie Maniacs line was exceptional, really raised the bar on modern horror figures. Three months after the MM figures came out, Sideshow did the same for classic horror figures. It really was an incredible new era for grown up MonsterKids. NECA would later carry the torch with their Cult Classics & Uni Headknockers as would DST (to a lesser degree, imo).