Latest Gets?

Started by Golddragon71, February 19, 2013, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count_Zirock

Not sure if she's a monster, or just monstrous. Anyway, after seeing "Oz the Great & Powerful," I fell in love with Mila Kunis' delightfully evil Wicked Witch of the West, and just had to have her! However, she got a restraining order, so this is the best I could do!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

marsattacks666

She looks absolutely awesome. ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Count_Zirock

How could I forget my beloved Distinctive Dummies 12" Robert Quarry as Count Yorga figure?

horrorhunter

Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 21, 2013, 03:29:31 AM
How could I forget my beloved Distinctive Dummies 12" Robert Quarry as Count Yorga figure?

That Count Yorga is a freakin' awesome figure. I display mine with some of my vintage monster toys. The box is narrow enough to find display room, whereas with the Sideshow figures the boxes take up too much room. I prefer in-box display, but when my Yorga was displayed loose when I was waiting for Martin to send me a replacement box, the figure looked coolashell and held a pose pretty darn good. Helluva figure. ;) :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Incredible figure!!! Thanks, Martin and the gang at DD.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 21, 2013, 01:17:40 PM
That Count Yorga is a freakin' awesome figure. I display mine with some of my vintage monster toys. The box is narrow enough to find display room, whereas with the Sideshow figures the boxes take up too much room. I prefer in-box display, but when my Yorga was displayed loose when I was waiting for Martin to send me a replacement box, the figure looked cool-as-hell and held a pose pretty darn good. Helluva figure. ;) :)
Quote from: Mord on July 21, 2013, 06:33:40 PM
Incredible figure!!! Thanks, Martin and the gang at DD.
Having met Robert Quarry and known what a marvelous, intelligent man he was, I know he would have adored this figure. That's why I had to get one. Plus, I love the Yorga movies!

Scatter

MAN I love that thing!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Mike Scott

I know it's not a toy, but I just got the rarest issue (actually the only rare issue) of The Monster Times! You just never see these and it looks like it's in great shape!  :)

This pic from my monster mags blog.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2013, 10:40:27 PM
I know it's not a toy, but I just got the rarest issue (actually the only rare issue) of The Monster Times! You just never see these and it looks like it's in great shape!  :)

This pic from my monster mags blog.

Congrats. Dennis Druktenis had that ish for sale in the back of Scary Monsters for awhile. Don't know if he still has any, but that's where I got mine. You're right, it is a toughie. That was the last one I needed to complete the run. I guess everyone tore it up to put up the posters, hence the scarcity.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 22, 2013, 10:47:44 PM
I guess everyone tore it up to put up the posters, hence the scarcity.

Plus, it probably had a low print run.
CREATURE FAN

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2013, 10:51:44 PM
Plus, it probably had a low print run.
I believe it did have a low print run, but I never could find out why.

Hepcat

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2013, 10:40:27 PM
...it looks like it's in great shape!  :)

You bet he's in great shape! Godzilla cuts a very handsome figure indeed.

And Monster Times sure had some great covers! Maybe monsters just come across best on ordinary newsprint.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

horrorhunter

Quote from: Hepcat on July 23, 2013, 06:10:22 PM

And Monster Times sure had some great covers! Maybe monsters just come across best on ordinary newsprint.

:)
Weighing in at around 130 pages plus per issue, Scary Monsters is the best monster mag value available. The way Dennis can give us all that content is printing his mag on cheap paper. I think he has the right idea. I prefer 2 to 3 times the content to slick, thick, paper. Of course the quality of the content is the most important thing. SM has the most interesting content as well IMO.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Hepcat

I agree. Scary Monsters gets my vote as well for the best of the current lot.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on July 23, 2013, 06:10:22 PM
You bet he's in great shape! Godzilla cuts a very handsome figure indeed.

He should do something about his breath, though!
CREATURE FAN