Showcase your Aurora figure kits here!

Started by Hepcat, March 31, 2011, 06:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Mord

I would love to have all of these, but my budget only allows me the Polar Lights re-issues.

Hepcat

Here are two more of my Aurora kits:

I have a particular soft spot for the Bride because that was the first Aurora monster model I ever built and it was truly a fabulous kit!

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Herr Hussmann

When I had "The Giant Bird", I painted it the same colors of Harryhausen's Phorohacos from MYSTERIOUS ISLAND rather than the color scheme on the box art.

tidroplane

Listen to them...Children of the night...What music they make!

Hepcat

Aurora also released a Great Moments in Sport series of kits in 1965. The only one I have is this one:

Others featured Jack Dempsey, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Johnny Unitas and Jim Brown. The Johnny Unitas one I'd like to add to my collection at some point, but the rest don't interest me. I would have liked Willie Mays had Aurora not chosen to commemorate the moment when as a New York Giant he made a heartbreaking catch in the 1954 World Series against my beloved Cleveland Indians.

>:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

BijouBob8mm

This is like being a kid again at Christmas, drooling over all the photos in the Sears catalog.

Scatter

Quote from: BijouBob8mm on May 03, 2013, 03:37:29 PM
This is like being a kid again at Christmas, drooling over all the photos in the Sears catalog.

Yeah!! I loved the lingerie section too!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Mord

Quote from: Scatter on May 04, 2013, 07:07:08 PM
Yeah!! I loved the lingerie section too!!
Spent a lot of time in the bathroom with the Sears catalog.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on May 05, 2013, 09:06:30 PM
Spent a lot of time in the bathroom with the Sears catalog.
Yeah, let's start a National Geographic appreciation thread!.......not. :P
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

propman

Just to change the direction that the conversation is going here..... I am now working on a Aurora John F. Kennedy model. Here's a photo of the head and hands. They are still a WIP.

"D" ;)

BijouBob8mm

Wow.  That's the first time I've ever seen a photo of the actual model pieces for JFK.  Prior to this, I'd only seen the box.

propman

I've had a couple of JFK kits but they were already built up and the decal sticker of the painting always had a crease in them. I sold those copies off to buy an unbuilt on still in the box so I could really go off on this kit. A friend of mine had one when we were around 8 years old and I always wanted one. Now that I'm older and a professional painter, I figured now is the right time to get one and really have fun with it. I'm taking my time on it so I can really make it the best that I have ever seen. Does anyone else here have a built up one that is painted?

"D" ;)

Cerebus

http://parlorofhorror.wordpress.com All things horror, and some sci-fi, too!