NBC Picks Up David E. Kelly's Wonder Woman Pilot

Started by judd, January 22, 2011, 11:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillfan

Here's the pic. Looks like bad cosplay to me.
She's cute, but she's no Diana prince!

Pauspy

I like the costume, and I'm curious as to what David E. Kelly might do with the show. I liked Boston Legal, overall, in how they were able to mix impassioned social discourse with some off-the-wall humor. I also think Wonder Woman is a good candidate for this type of reboot. While Wonder Woman is always spoken of as a major character along with Superman and Batman, I'm not really sure she ever had the broad fan base those two have. Because of this, you can't play it too safe by simply having a super-powered character chase down petty crooks every week. That may be fun as a one-of movie, but can't really sustain a series.
Supernatural, perhaps; baloney, perhaps not.

CreepysFan

Quote from: Gillfan on March 19, 2011, 12:08:51 PM

I definitely like the costume, I'ts pretty close to the original design.  I was afraid they were going to try to re-define her looks, like a black jumpsuit or something.  My MAIN concern is how serious they intend to take the series, hopefully suspence filled drama instead of campyness. I agree with Pauspy, I want to see Diana go up against actual villians instead of street thugs.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Gillfan

CreepysFan

The two on the end are out.  Find some lasses to model the rest for me Gillfan, and I'll get back to you.......eventually.   ;D
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

judd

The costume has been slightly changed.  A number of sites have posted filming pictures of the pilot.  The pants are now dark blue with white stripes on the sides.  The boots are red.  She looks more like the classic Wonder Woman than the promo picture.

I think the actual costume is better than the promo picture one. 

Pauspy

Quote from: judd on March 30, 2011, 12:56:57 PM
The costume has been slightly changed.  A number of sites have posted filming pictures of the pilot.  The pants are now dark blue with white stripes on the sides.  The boots are red.  She looks more like the classic Wonder Woman than the promo picture.

I think the actual costume is better than the promo picture one.

Good news-I don't think anyone I've spoken to liked those blue boots.

Hepcat

The thing is though that the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman has for obvious reasons become the gold standard by which any future screen Wonder Woman will be measured.

And they have to measure up! Sadly Adrianne Palicki doesn't.

:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: Gillfan on March 30, 2011, 09:49:11 PM
Still, better than:

But had they put her in the proper costume and dyed her hair black, she might have been pretty good.

:-\

FACTO2

I still don't like the costume.  Those pants look like the pajama jeans I've been seeing advertised on TV.  And, maybe it's just me, but when she makes that face, it kinda reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell.  Yikes.  Personally, I'll take Linda in the old costume.

Quote from: Gillfan on March 30, 2011, 09:43:07 PM
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

hammerfan

Not sure why DC approved this show. Especailly when they are trying to compete with Marvel who has done a great job with the superhero franchise. There is supposed to be a Wonder Woman movie planned which will lead up to a JLA movie. This can only hurt the franchise, cause frankly it looks like crap.   
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

Pauspy

Quote from: hammerfan on March 31, 2011, 08:40:11 AM
Not sure why DC approved this show. Especailly when they are trying to compete with Marvel who has done a great job with the superhero franchise. There is supposed to be a Wonder Woman movie planned which will lead up to a JLA movie. This can only hurt the franchise, cause frankly it looks like crap.

I don't know, I'm willing to give it a look. I'm glad they made the costume changes they did (getting rid of those blue boots especially). With all the "re-boots" they make of movies and shows nowadays, I don't know how much of the potential audience really cares if there us a current TV show and a movie showing different versions of the same character.

Hepcat

Here are more pics of Wonder Woman Lynda Carter from the days when actresses didn't habitually implant themselves.

Superheroines shoudn't be putting up false fronts anyway of course.

;)