issue with monarch models?

Started by empty13, August 22, 2012, 07:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareee

What other base?
The picture of the kit has what looks like the deluxe base included... what does it look like without that base?

BijouBob8mm

If you compare these two shots (stock kit in one, deluxe base in the other), the deluxe base uses a higher wall behind the happy couple and the sofa now sits on a stone floor instead of the wooden floor found in the original kit.

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/The-Bride-of-Frankenstein-from-Moebius-_p_2169.html

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Deluxe-Stone-Base-for-the-Bride-from-Moebius_p_2197.html

Gareee

Quote from: BijouBob8mm on October 02, 2012, 04:28:47 PM
If you compare these two shots (stock kit in one, deluxe base in the other), the deluxe base uses a higher wall behind the happy couple and the sofa now sits on a stone floor instead of the wooden floor found in the original kit.

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/The-Bride-of-Frankenstein-from-Moebius-_p_2169.html

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Deluxe-Stone-Base-for-the-Bride-from-Moebius_p_2197.html

Thanks for those. The deluxe base is nice, but I don't think its $40 shipped nice. Odds are I can cobble together a base similar for a few bucks and an hour or so.

BijouBob8mm

I know what you mean, Gareee!  That's why I've done a lot of thinking about it, and nothing more.  (Maybe if one of those ever turned up at a nice price as one of that site's "scratch n dent" sales....)

Gareee

If there was some fantastic sculpting or something along those lines, I'd bite, but for some simple rocks? For $30? Ha!

Anton Phibes

I have now built and painted 2 of these kits for my dad and a dealer. As great as this kit is: I officially hate it now,lol. :angel:

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 08, 2012, 07:59:00 PMMcDee related over at another monster model group I am in that Monarch is quite alive.

What group was that? Is that the group that was slagging UMA?

>:(
Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

What are some of the best or most noteworthy Monarch models other than the Bride of Frankenstein and Gorgo?

???

BijouBob8mm

Hepcat,

You listed Monarch as doing BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and GORGO, but the Bride kit comes from Moebius.  As for Monarch, I thought their NOSFERATU kit was incredible, and SINBAD is pretty impressive.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Hepcat on October 04, 2012, 09:22:20 AM
What group was that? Is that the group that was slagging UMA?

>:(

Hep--no one is slagging on the UMA at the other forum. Folks slag on each other more here in our little family than anywhere else. Usually about the topic of ebay. Because not everyone has the same opinion about that website's practices. But I digress.

Folks at the other forum just dont see eye to eye with the UMA mods on the topic of re-casting. It's kind of like not seeing eye to eye on politics, morals or religious convictions. Just because McDee and others choose to stand by their convictions, doesnt mean they are dogging on this forum. But you made a reference to folks on the other forum doing so.
I belong to both forums. I dont tear one down or cause friction between the 2.

Instead I relay info from one to the other because I want everybody to have the info., and avoid any friction. Mc Dee is a man of convictions. He stands by them.  He sent his well wishes here. I posted them. But they stood their ground and left because of their convictions, and wont be back.... :angel:

Whether we want to admit it or not: there are plenty of divisions among collectors .....right here. You have some folks who are in"vintage cliques", meaning anything that didnt come from the 1960's or 1970's is utter crap to them. They dog Sideshow, cinemaquette, and absolutely despise resins, garage kits, or bootlegs. Some of them are mods....and are very vocal about despising newer items.

Then we have "Sideshow cliques" here who love newer products as much as vintage. Folks who will pay thousands of dollars for items made recently and love them more than anything in their collection thats vintage.

Then there are "Universal Monsters" only collectors. When the topic of Hammer or AIP or B's is broguht up: they automatically excuse themselves from the conversation.

It goes on and on.

Dont let it bug you that some folks left. Its not an ongoing topic of conversation there. There was a thread when all the hubba-ba-loo started. It died after the CEO of Blackheart came over here and explained his views on the topic, as a resin kit producer.

8) :angel:

agvd

Quote from: Neoplastic on September 19, 2012, 08:09:14 PM
I am hoping that it gets re-released as a glow kit, seems appropriate and would be really cool. 
I'm really hoping for this as well.  Long live Monarch!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Hepcat on October 04, 2012, 09:25:21 AM
What are some of the best or most noteworthy Monarch models other than the Bride of Frankenstein and Gorgo?

???

The Ghost of Castlemare is the best styrene plastic kit to come out in years. They took the idea of the Forgotten Prisoner and expanded on it. its a fantastic model by Monarch. Their Nosferatu is amazing as well.

jimm

Really like the subjects they've chosen for us. Top notch execution as well

Hepcat

I just learned that Monarch is based in my hometown of London, Ontario, clearly a hotbed of monsterdom!

hmjfym

jimm