Does anyone remember The Funhouse?

Started by dctony, June 11, 2009, 03:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dctony

Quote from: The Creeper on June 13, 2009, 06:25:25 PM
Yes!  Wasn't he also the main zombie at the end of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things?  I have the dvd, I need to watch it again and find out.  But I think I read that it was William Finley.
Please let me know if that is him. That movie had a pretty cool ending.

Mitchellmania

I really liked "Dark Ride" which is similar

BaronLatos35

Quote from: The Creeper on June 13, 2009, 06:25:25 PM
Yes!  Wasn't he also the main zombie at the end of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things?  I have the dvd, I need to watch it again and find out.  But I think I read that it was William Finley.

Hey Creeper, I love this 70's low budget movie. I'll have to watch again soon.

So Orville may have bee in The Funhouse? The things you learn at the UMA!

"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

ProfGriffin

Ah....the FUNHOUSE!

Now that is a great film...one of my favorites by Tobe Hooper...for sheer MOOD!
You can almost smell the rancid corners mized with the sweetness of the cotton candy and taste the stale popcorn in the cool October night.

Wayne Doba....(a mime that was a waiter that Tobe meet) is the creature...and William Findley is the magician on the midway (Marco the Magnificent), not the Carnival barker(s).
It's a great bit of casting, but Kevin Conway plays not only the Funhouse barker...but the barkers for the Freakshow, and the strip show.
He brings a very incestuous feel to the carny-world.

LOTS of Universal Monster memories on display in the film, as Joey Harper (Shawn Carson) is obviously a monster kid...and his room, his toys and his pranks reflect this.  Thankfully he does survive the night, but his experience of sneaking off to the Carnival and the Funhouse is a harrowing one.

Lots to like about the film.

"Alive!  Alive alive!!!!"

"They wiggle and they dance..."

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

typhooforme

In the "small world, isn't it?" department--in the last, or next to last carton of Forry's books I got for my collection was this copy of the book.  I'm just now reading it--it's a good read!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

The Creeper

Quote from: dctony on June 14, 2009, 01:54:51 AM
Please let me know if that is him. That movie had a pretty cool ending.
I watched the credits at the end and his name wasn't listed, so I guess I was wrong.  I thought I read an article on Bob Clark and thought they mentioned William Finley as the main Zombie at the end.  I believe it was a Fangoria magazine from a few years back after Clark dies in a car accident I believe.  They were talking about remaking Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things before he died.  Finley was the Phantom of the Paradise I believe, but what else was he in?
Long live the UMA!

The Creeper

Quote from: BaronLatos35 on June 15, 2009, 05:51:45 PM
Hey Creeper, I love this 70's low budget movie. I'll have to watch again soon.

So Orville may have bee in The Funhouse? The things you learn at the UMA!

I love it too!  I really never heard about it until about maybe 7 or 8 years ago.  My brother was in Tulsa one afternoon and seen Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things on dvd and thought that I would probably love it.  He had never seen the movie either so he bought it for me.  I love it but he doesn't really care for it.
Long live the UMA!

marsattacks666

Funhouse is  such a good movie, one of Tobe Hoopers better movies. The monster in film is really cool looking, and a good plot, simple.  Great visuals, there are two DVD/VHS  versions. Goodtimes video and Universal. Classic movie, fun.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gillman-Fan

Quote from: Toy Ranch on June 12, 2009, 10:17:54 PM
I love that movie.  The deformed guy wore a Savage Eye Frankenstein mask.

I've always wondered about that . . . can you site a source for that mask ID?

ProfGriffin

In Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Orville Dunworth was played by Seth Sklarey.

While he RESEMBLES Findlay, Orville was played by someone else.  Sklarey also appeared in Bob Clark's Porky's 2: The Next day.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

Toy Ranch

The mask ID?   I've seen the movie, I have the mask.  They are the same.  It's pretty common knowledge to mask collectors...

dlhenderson

I recollect it starting with an inspiring shower scene.  ;D

jasonisking

yeah i cant wait for the figure by pop cultue shock toys..it should be out after halloween.

dlhenderson

jasonisking

its the funhouse freak.it comes with both heads frank and freak and two sets of hands.