MEGO-Dracula/Bela Lugosi

Started by marsattacks666, July 23, 2018, 04:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mord on August 19, 2018, 03:25:18 PM
I dont know about you guys, but I would buy ANY Universal monster Mego at the $14.99 list price. Leech Woman, Monster on Campus, Monolith Monsters...ANYTHING!
I would too, especially of the quality of that Mego Lugosi Dracula. I'm weary of having to pay so much for decent figures. That said, though, I appreciate a company like DD that makes the figures nobody else will.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Ugly_Thing

Quote from: Mord on August 19, 2018, 03:25:18 PM
I dont know about you guys, but I would buy ANY Universal monster Mego at the $14.99 list price. Leech Woman, Monster on Campus, Monolith Monsters...ANYTHING!

You got that right!  (Blood Beast, Moon Beast, She-Creature, Tor, etc.etc.)

Welllll, except maybe those Monolith 'Monsters', heh....not really into buying a solid chunk of crystal (plastic).  ;)

I'll just keep waiting for my Fulci zombie, sigh....

favoritemonsters

Their 2 pack format would be great for a Frankenstein meets The Wolfman box set.

Mord

Nice! I'm ok with the original, but this would be nice for the extra figure.

Anton Phibes

No doubt. A perfect combination would consist of this box, the new mego figure and an Emce Dracula medallion.

John Pertwee

BRICK

I got the Mego Dracula as a present. While the sculpting and costume is very good, the figure just seems to bemissing something without the medallion. The grey lining of his cape only amplifies this overall lack of color. But, never fear; with some Christmas beads and ribbon, I was able to create a fairly decent facsimile.       

When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

MadCow

Quote from: John Pertwee on September 03, 2018, 09:24:03 PM
He looks great in that box.

upload pic

Wow, that looks really good. Makes me regret not picking up Dracula when I saw him.

favoritemonsters

QuoteMeanwhile, I have found that my Mego Bela's left arm has a tendency to pop out of the socket. So far, I have been able to pop it back into place without any permanent damage. Anyone else having any joint issues with these new Megos?

Opened my Drac finally today to find both hands on the wrong arms.
Had to work a little to switch them, wasn't easy.

ilikemonsters

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: ilikemonsters on September 25, 2018, 09:36:52 PM
The Dracula's are back at Target.com !?!

They are listed online in my area.

(Southern California)

ADAM

Wicked Lester

Those boxes are a thing of beauty. If only I could find a fig to put in it.