Enlistee's art gallery!

Started by mzlaveau, December 03, 2007, 03:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKing

Wow-fantastic work everyone!! Monsterfink-I absolutely love your work-you really capture the essence of each creature in your sketches. Doc-that Fly may well be your best figure to date!!And Gillman-fan-that Kong is awesome-I would not have thought it possible, but it's even cooler than your first one!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Dr. Madd

Quote from: RedKing on February 24, 2011, 12:38:05 PM
Wow-fantastic work everyone!! Monsterfink-I absolutely love your work-you really capture the essence of each creature in your sketches. Doc-that Fly may well be your best figure to date!!And Gillman-fan-that Kong is awesome-I would not have thought it possible, but it's even cooler than your first one!

Thanks. I'm doing a Leprechaun for St. Patty.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Dr. Madd- The Original- accept no subsitutes.

Gillman-Fan

RICKH

Gillman,
Crash Corrigan's chin never looked so good!  Great job as always.  Love your work.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Dr. Madd

Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

RedKing

That is absolutely beautiful GF!!!!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Monsterfink

Done for a children's ABC book then retooled for shirts

C is for Creature

D is for Dinosaur

F is for the Frankenstein Monster and his Bride

H is for Hyde

S is for Space Mutant

K is for Kong

W is for Werewolf

Unknown Primate

Lovin' all this stuff, guys!

I have a technical question.  The medium I'm most decent at is markers, generally Sharpies.  I do fool around with other things, acrylics, chalk, etc.  I would like to know what kind of paper is the best for bringing out the vibrance & color in a Sharpie rendering.  I've used Academie & other brands, including just plain computer paper, posterboard, cardstock, etc.  For instance, I just did some sharpie sketches on computer cardstock that I sent out to some friends.  The black just didn't stand out & almost looks faded to me!  I've looked online and in supply stores, but honestly, I'd rather hear it from my favorite artists - who all just happen to hang out on my favorite forum!

I'm wanting to step up my "hairy hominid" series and just want to make it the best I can.  Something sturdy and that brings out the quality.

Thanks for any suggestions, advice and/or criticisms.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Dr. Madd

Can't wait to see it. I'm thinking of doing the Metaluna Mutant.
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

RICKH

Monsterfink, I love your style.  The monster illos rock!
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Gillman-Fan

Unknown Primate, I use color printer/copy paper for just about everything except watercolors and other wet media. It has a coating or something that keeps marker bleed to a minimum . . . it also kinda gunks up the pen nib but I generally throw them out pretty quick anyway.

Unknown Primate

Thanks for the info, Jeff - your art in particular, stands out to me.  I'd love to get that solidity & vibrance in my work.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Gillman-Fan

Thanks, UP.

I do all the line art for these transfers by hand but use Photoshop to colorize.

Dr. Madd

I'm thinking of doing my own take on the classic monsters... What would anyone think?
Madd The Impaler-
Undeadlegend

Monsterfink