New Universal Monsters in 2014 from Diamond Select

Started by Universal_Adam, February 11, 2013, 01:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creature Features

Hope the line isnt over yet.

Was hoping for Doctors Frankenstein and Pretorius....

Also; Maleva the gypsy....
"It's Alive...oh, It's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!"

nospillblood

I love that Frankenstein... the arm next to him was a really nice touch. I do hope we get more, though.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Creature Features on February 13, 2013, 09:49:56 AM
Hope the line isnt over yet.

Was hoping for Doctors Frankenstein and Pretorius....

Also; Maleva the gypsy....

I'd love these.  I think they'd be fantastic additions to this line.  Someone mentioned the possibility of two-packs.  It sounds like a great idea, but it probably won't happen.  Imagine, a new Monster sculpt with Henry, a new bride with Pretorius, and a Maleva with a new Wolf Man! 

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: aura of foreboding on February 13, 2013, 07:12:56 PM
I'd love these.  I think they'd be fantastic additions to this line.  Someone mentioned the possibility of two-packs.  It sounds like a great idea, but it probably won't happen.  Imagine, a new Monster sculpt with Henry, a new bride with Pretorius, and a Maleva with a new Wolf Man!

I like your thinking.

Add Son of Frankenstein monster with Ygor.
ADAM

King Kang Kong

We didn't have the two 2013 Retro figures on display, but we had them at SDCC. Also not on display: the next two vinyl banks, Wolfman and Bride.

Not sure why we exhibit 2014 figures for this line, but there will be another figure next year for sure, since we need one more for Toys "R" Us. I don't think we'll be doing any "civilians" in this line like the gypsy, but keep Asking DST.

Mike Scott

Quote from: King Kang Kong on February 15, 2013, 03:46:58 PM
Also not on display: the next two vinyl banks, Wolfman and Bride.

Cool! Will the Bride's hair be hollow?

What is the new Munsters set called? Is it "Diamond Select" Wave 2? Any extra parts not seen in the photo (like Uncle G's hat), not counting the stairs?

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Quote from: King Kang Kong on February 15, 2013, 03:46:58 PM
We didn't have the two 2013 Retro figures on display, but we had them at SDCC. Also not on display: the next two vinyl banks, Wolfman and Bride.

Not sure why we exhibit 2014 figures for this line, but there will be another figure next year for sure, since we need one more for Toys "R" Us. I don't think we'll be doing any "civilians" in this line like the gypsy, but keep Asking DST.

Great news about the banks.  I am glad they are continuing. 

Moonshadow

I will definitely buy the Son of Frankenstein and new Creature figures. They look wonderful. I also would like to see another Wolfman -I wasn't that fond of the first one and a new pose (or super-articulated figure) would be welcome. The banks were fabulous and I look forward to more of those as well. Very sorry to see the minimate line end though. I really enjoy those little guys.

aura of foreboding

Any word on more "Mad Monster Party?" figures?  I honestly feel those were some of the best figures ever made.  It would break my heart if we didn't get at least two more sets. 

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: aura of foreboding on February 15, 2013, 10:34:43 PM
Any word on more "Mad Monster Party?" figures?  I honestly feel those were some of the best figures ever made.  It would break my heart if we didn't get at least two more sets.

I too really want the whole cast. When I spoke with Chuck during NYCC in Oct, he said that if TRU were to pick them up (the current set they turned down in '12) for '13, then the line might continue in '14. The sculptor on series one hasn't been contracted to create a series two.

Anyone know of a way to petition TRU and show them we will support these? That really seems to be the only way forward for the line to reach viability.

Any way Diamond could adopt the Mattell "Club" model? I'd certainly prebuy a Mad Monster Party 3 series of 3 at $22 a character.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

King Kang Kong

I apologize, I don't know how I missed some of these questions from back around Toy Fair.

- I don't know if the Bride's hair is hollow, but I aim to find out!

- I believe we call all of the Munsters Selects by their individual names, not grouping them by Series, although the next four could be known collectively as the "Staircase Series." But the three basic figures will be released to Toys "R" Us as Series 3, the black-and-white sets having been Series 2.

- I do not believe we have made any new progress on Mad Monster Party, sadly.

- We do not have any plans to start a Club.

I found this thread because I've been taking pictures of the new UM figures, and posted this one on Instagram:

Mord

Wow, an absolute winner, KKK. What is the difference between the TrU Hunchback and the deluxe version?

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Mord on August 17, 2013, 12:05:24 AMWow, an absolute winner, KKK. What is the difference between the TrU Hunchback and the deluxe version?
King of Fools crown, cape, and scepter, I believe.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 4

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Mord

That's what I thought, but I haven't seen pictures yet.

King Kang Kong

My understanding is that both Quasimodos come with the crown, cape and sceptre. Only the gargoyle is exclusive to the Select version.