what was your 1st monster model kit you built..........aurora ???

Started by ICEMANN333, June 04, 2009, 07:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatchet53

Aurora Dracula- $.98 in the long box. Followed rapidly by The Mummy. Then The Man From UNCLE Kits- Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin: Good times!

michblk

Godzilla Glow kit, only because I couldn't find the Creature 1st.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Tom_Hering

Aurora Creature and Wolfman. Early 1960s (I was 10 in '64).

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

rkoenn

I started model building way back in the early '60s.  My first kit I can remember was the Aurora Superman.  I recall my mom made me paint it with my three or four colors of Pactra 'namels on the doorstep in case I spilled the paint.  I moved on from there to fantasy and show cars, Silly Surfers, and Weird-Ohs.  But I loved the Aurora monsters and don't know why I didn't get a bunch.  However when The Witch was released around '65 me and two buddies went to the hobby shop 15 miles away and we all bought a witch.  I remember going to one of the other guys houses and sharing out paints and glue and building them together.  Because of that it kind of holds a special place in my memory.  When I started model building 10+ years ago again I did it fairly soon in my building.  I sold the first one and here is the one on my shelves now.

Robert Koenn
Born again monster kid, remembering watching Tampa Bay Channel 13 Shock Theater as a kid with the great classic horror films!

gcbike

I think I was six and my older sister had an unopened Aurora Dracula stashed in a closet.I found it and attempted to build it.Got a severe beating over that.She said she nver intended to open it.Well that started what I call the sickness of collecting them.When I got old enough to mow grass I took every dime and bought a monster model.I had all of the original long box and glow kits and went on to get every figure model Aurora put out.Of course my teen years turned to other interests and I gave them all to a young kid in the neighborhood.

Mike Scott

Quote from: gcbike on October 09, 2020, 01:23:57 PM
Of course my teen years turned to other interests and I gave them all to a young kid in the neighborhood.

Teen Years! Destroyer of monster collections!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Quote from: gcbike on October 09, 2020, 01:23:57 PMI think I was six and my older sister had an unopened Aurora Dracula stashed in a closet.I found it and attempted to build it.Got a severe beating over that. She said she nver intended to open it.

A well deserved beating I might add!

Quote from: gcbike on October 09, 2020, 01:23:57 PMWell that started what I call the sickness of collecting them.When I got old enough to mow grass I took every dime and bought a monster model.I had all of the original long box and glow kits and went on to get every figure model Aurora put out.

Were you building them?

Quote from: gcbike on October 09, 2020, 01:23:57 PMOf course my teen years turned to other interests and I gave them all to a young kid in the neighborhood.

A sad but typical story. We all go strange in our teens.

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!